Bowl week 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Colemanchu, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Bowl week 2

WVU vs Mississippi St.

Deadline is Monday night after the Packers game.

2. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Should be done way before then more than likely either later tonight or tmmrw

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Cool. I got to do my offseason for tradition tomorrow night so if we are good to go I will advance after that so Dakota can claim his crown.

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

The easiest crown ever claimed lol

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'll play my game when I get off work tonight, probably around 5ish but maybe a little later.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Easiest....maybe.......but that egg will shine just like all the others.....lol

7. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Oh what should have been. A ridiculous loss to Purdue early in the season cost me a title game appearance. Coming off playing with Georgia Tech I just wasn't used to throwing the ball around the yard. Like a true Cubs fan, there's always next year. Right now I crown myself the best, longest tenured member of TFL/OFFL to not win a title.

8. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I shoulda been in that title game, if it wasn't for a sim loss to Georgia. I had to wait for the user to play that game, only to have him booted and myself unable to play the last evening of that advance. Oh well. Should have most of the same pieces back next year.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I almost lost to South Carolina. I won the game but only by 6 points and it was a fight for that Chick-Fila bowl trophy. My team turned it over 4 times (2 INT, 2 FL) and SC turned it over 0 times. Thankfully I was able to score when I wasn't giving the ball away but every time I scored SC would put some points on the board.

Final score: 45-39

Full recap in my UNC thread, probably tomorrow.

10. Juggernautblitz

Hey Cole, did something happen to the sliders this week? I noticed that Papa and JC got beat in their bowl games and I just played mine versus GT and got beat 42-20. The game was not even that close. I was never in it, was down 33 - 7 at one point, as GT could do nothing wrong in any aspect of the game and ND couldn't catch, couldn't hold onto the ball, Clausen was inaccurate and every pass that touched a GT defender's hands was picked (well probably 7 of 10), threw 7 interceptions, fumbled 3 times, etc.. GT was in front of every slant and out route, was right with every deep route, sniffed out every screen or pass to the flats, etc.. It just seemed to me that the difficulty was cranked up about 5 notches and then when I got done I saw that Papa and JC had lost their CPU games also and though maybe things had been toughened up.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I had to go all out in my game to win and to be honest I'm not sure how I won. Guess I must have forced a few punts but I lost on turnovers 4-0. The CPU's offense wasn't unstoppable but considering I was in a mid-tier bowl against a lesser opponent I did not expect this much trouble. On offense I was able to move the ball pretty well and the 2 interceptions were my fault. The fumbles were caused by CPU going aggressive on almost every play and I kept all my gameplan sliders at moderate. CPU got killed by penalties but my team had a lot of penalties too.

In the offseason we really need to look at penalty sliders. Every game I have played over past few weeks (aside from user game against Papa Perry) has penalty yardage above 100 for CPU and close to 100 for my team using moderate/conservative settings.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I didnt change the sliders at all. It seems like the AI does cheat more in bowl games though. Especially when its the team that you bailed on to go to south bend.
    If we are ready I'll be advancing sometime in around an hour, had to work all day.

13. Juggernautblitz

Ha, that is good. Georgia Tech just had it out for their ol ball coach. Oh well, there was no title on the line or that game would have really frosted me.