Bowl Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Bowl Week 3

All User bowl games are this week so that is good. And the bowls are...

Rose Bowl

USC (hovathegodmc) vs Penn St (hokie effect)

Fiesta Bowl

VA Tech (DJ391) vs Nebraska (badgerme3)

Sugar Bowl

Ohio St (Maslerboros16) vs Arkansas

Orange Bowl

Florida St (the vredesbyrd) vs Cincinnati

Miami (bravejaf) vs Florida

Michigan (Big Suge Knight) vs Alabama

Oregon (tmac6412) vs Hawaii

Some interesting matchups, Let's get those user games scheduled and all bowls played asap so we can push to the offseason. ADV no later than monday morning after I wake up from the Jay-Z concert the night before (y)

2. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Haha gonna be tired as hell after that one lets hope we can get up before 2pm haha

3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Xbox is off, in Bowl Projections it said FSu - Tulsa. That for real? Who did I draw?

4. Hova

Oops, sorry forgot to post that one. You play Cincinnati in the Orange Bowl

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Ahh, tha nasty Natti!

Go 'Noles!

6. Hova

2012 Records and Results are fully posted and updated. Check em out guys!

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I will get my game in tomorrow. I'm not confident about beating Florida in a bowl game. We all know the computer is dangerous with Florida and bowl games tend to amp up difficulty a bit. I haven't lost a CPU game in any league outside "The Rise" but this one has me just a bit worried.

8. badgerme3

badgerme3 Walk On

Nebraska vs. Virginia Tech

Nebraska came out mixing it up well. The first drive was pure football at its finest. Green hit Cotton for a 31 yard gain to set up a quick field goal for the Huskers.

From there it was all Hokies. Nebraska gives up 18 sacks total in the game and were not able to get a pass off after the first drive of the game, the pressure came so quick. They also couldn't run it, attempting only 2 true runs. It was a disaster.

Nebraska had nothing for that pass rush from Va Tech and only musters a 61 yard FG in the 4th quarter after Okafor breaks a kickoff return but pulls a hammy on the 10 yard line with no one in front of him. Nebraska gets sacked to push them to the 41 and hits the bomb.

Virginia Tech was relentless. They had the game in hand apparently and started "running the clock" with 5 minutes left in the third. Luckily Nebraska recovered Virginia Tech's onside kick with 38 seconds left in a 49-6 game to preserve real embarassment from possibly another Va Tech touchdown.

Va Tech 49, Nebraska 6

9. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

I'll give a full recap along with my HOF nomination and season wrap-up on Thursday. But Oregon won its bowl game 40-35 over Hawaii. I was up 28-8 at half and decided to play all of my backups for the second half. That was a mistake.

10. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

I will give a full recap of my bowl game at the end of next season.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

What he said (y)

12. Hova

haha Nice

13. Hova

Rose Bowl

USC 55
    Penn St 14

USC got their chance for revenge this year after losing in the Champ game last season to PSU. Matt Barkley lead the soaring USC offense having another great game with 3 TDs and no INTs. HB Bolden also had a break out game running for 198 yards and 3 TDs along with this great run:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J-T3bxF2ISU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J-T3bxF2ISU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Trojans get the job done and bring home the roses. GG Hokie, see ya next year most likely.

That leaves just 3 bowl games, all CPU, to be played before we can advance to NATL CHAMP week

14. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Michigan 17
    Alabama 31

Michigan's offense did little as Alabama dominated the time of possession in the first half putting up 17 to lead by 10. Michigan SO QB Chris Parker was ineffective and replaced by Redshirt FR Stanford Carpenter in the second hlaf. Until Carpenter suffered a torn pectoral muscle on the second series of the half. He was replaced by Robinson (who was listed as out for the season in week 5?) Robinson finished his Michigan career with another bowl loss but with his name atop most of the Michigan passing records. Lets hope Michigan can get some work in the spring on catching and holding onto the ball.

William Campbell leave Ann Arbor with a 6 tackle 2 TFL and a sack performance.

15. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I will get my game in later tonight.

16. Hova

Alright take your time. I will advance no later than 6 PM on saturday then Texas will have until monday night to play his NC game. Offseason will start at 9pm EST hopefully if recchem can make it

17. Hova

Alright take your time. I will advance no later than 6 PM on saturday then Texas will have until monday night to play his NC game. Offseason will start at 9pm EST hopefully if recchem can make it

18. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Cincinatti - 45
    Florida State - 35

Seriously, if nothing gets done with the ridiculousness of the CPU I may have to be out. It is so madcening to be able to beat 4 user opponents (Hokie kicked my ass) and then struggle and lose 3 effing CPU games where they are unstoppable in all situations.

fuck!

19. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'll play all of your CPU games if you let me win our user matches :)

20. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Youd probably give me a better overall record, for sure! Hmm..

lol

Im not ever leaving this league. Too many good dudes here. Just frustrated. Maybe my offense just isnt geared towards beating the CPU. Or my defense.

Or my adult onset ADD is so bad that I just dont focus as much during my CPu games...

21. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Brother, I feel your pain. Not that I have beat any users, but the game is more realistic head-to-head. When it comes to the CPU, I have no answers. They pick off passes when the guy I'm throwing to is wide open, and the backs and receivers can bulldoze anyone. When I see these other guys blowing out CPU opponents, it just baffles me.

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Whats up with the onside kick up 43 points????
    (n)

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Harris, alot of it has to do with the talent level of the players. Im in a few other OD's with better teams and manage to beat the CPU 9 out of 10 times. Here with UCLA, its a different story. I havent looked at Techs roster but im sure its on par with mine. Practice makes perfect. We'll get to that bowl game next year!!!

24. Hova

Ya it is either the roster talent or like joe said a lack of concentration. I think we have the most realistic sliders RESULTS wise. We still have guys who never loss to cpu but they still came close. Most leagues everyone wins every CPU game and I hate that. The good teams seem to lose a few which is right on par, It would be no fun if everyone dominated every CPU game. We may need to make some slight changes but with alot of feedback

25. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Yeah Hova, I'm with you that. The fun is in the challenge, and what's the point if everyone wins every CPU game?

My talent was great in areas, not good at all in others. This coming year, I'm losing a lot of the great ones.

As far as sliders go, whatever everyone else wants to do suits me. I certainly wouldn't oppose some adjusting, but if the majority is having realistic games with them the way they are, I don't see the need.