Bowl Week Now Open - Deadline 1.27.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Roadhouse, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

It is Bowl Week, Boys!

The Grand Daddy of Them All pits #1 Bowling Green (Sox) vs. #2 Ohio State University (vest)

Temple, Kent State, Dat U, and I believe NIU are all bowling. Check your local listings, for times and locations. Here's an oldie for you.....

2. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

We should all spend 10 bucks and buy tecmo bowl on our ps3's and run a league...gl to you gents let's rep the mac to the best of our ability.lay it all on the line you have a whole offseason to recover

3. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Meng I can't handle no mo "defense optional" gamin than I already have here in the GBN.

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I cannot believe we have one our GBNers playing for all the marbles. Sox was straight killin' peeps and now he has a shot at it all against an in-state foe.

Take those F'ers from "The" Ohio St. out Sox!

5. soxandgators

The Buckeyes are always good for 2nd best in title games...They better super glue there chin straps cause I am coming for blood.

• Like Like x 1
  6. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Temple will be kicking off tomorrow.

No way I would ever be accepted into an online TECMO league. I was the cheesiest of the cheese at that game. Looking at the other guys controller to pick his play and shit. Picking the DT and instant tackling the qb at the snap. I was the King.

7. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Commish defeats Navy 44-31 in a WILD game with tons of turnovers and big plays. Dear Lord please give me a team next year that can at least tackle and hold on to the ball!

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Roadhouse brings Dat U to Mobile, AL to face the Golden Homers of Notre Dame. In a revival of the old Convicts vs. Catholics rivalry, ND wanted to show the power of brimstone and hellfire, and Miami wanted to be David vs. Goliath. David would be slinging Dat Q, fresh off winning the Doak Walker and Walter Camp awards.

The records were even at 10-2, but that's where the similarities ended. Notre Dame is an underperforming powerhouse, while Miami was playing way over their abilities. Notre Dame has more players rated 80+ (26) than we have rated 70+ (17), and they had more players rated 90 + (5) than we have over 80 (2).

Notre Dame received the ball and ran at will on the lighter and weaker D of Miami. It was an easy TD, but the Redhawks hoped to return the favor and keep pace. On our third play, QB Austin Boucher got sacked, fumbled, and watch the D scoop and score. It only got worse as the big crowd, the bright lights, and the intimidation factor got even more intense.

Boucher was erratic at the worst of times. He was picked off in the endzone and in the redzone, and had two lost fumbles. DaQuan was stuffed routinely and had a pair of huge lost fumbles. Our D had slippery mitts again. The only saving grace in the game is that no one died. Even All-America Dougie Fresh coughed up a gimmie.

Turnovers doomed Dat U. Notre Dame scored 28 points off turnovers as they had their way with the Redhawks. 20-3 after the first, 30-10 at the half, and 50-13 after three.

Once again - we had a plan until we got punched in the mouth. Miami felt guilty about their #16 ranking, because Temple crushed them and was a better team. Their much tougher schedule was the deciding factor in the overall rankings. The extra loss to a better program tripped up the Owls. I think they could have handled the Irish's talents much better than we did.

Now, it's on to full scale recruiting wars with the rest of you bad boys. I've stolen some and lost some, so once a gain it's on!

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

And the tension mounts as it is down to Sox and the BCS Title game!

10. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

C'mon Sox. Represent!

And i just found this online and it's too funny not to share. Coming to a corner near you FFC, y'all! The CNN Money shack up is just gold, too.

11. soxandgators

Game time is set for Midnight tonight est....if you guys want live updates hit me on aim I am at soxandgators.thank you for the good luck MAC wishes. Ohio state better buckle up the 21 point underdog Falcons are coming for blood.

12. soxandgators

What a game lost on a 48 yard field goal miss 24-21

13. CLW

CLW GBN Commish