Bowl Week (Season 1)

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

A great season so far guys. Let's end it strong! Best of luck to all of you. We have some great games upcoming during Bowl Season, including two User-vs-User games. Bowl season is a great time to play one last game with your seniors, and end the season on a positive note. Some of you will be playing for an increase in program prestige. Other for positive momentum going into next season. Good luck, looking forward to moving on to Season 2... I have no doubt that it will be even better than this one.​
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Georgia really needs this win to salvage their season. Sitting at 8-4, another loss could knock them out of the top 25 and demote them to 4* prestige.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Arkansas started the season strong, but cooled off towards the end on route to an 8-4 record. Like Georgia, this is a must-win ball game to salvage their season.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This is likely not where Michigan hoped they would end up, but this is still a prime New Year's Day matchup between two talented programs. The Wolverine's also run the risk of falling to 5* with a loss to LSU.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Its almost cruel that Georgia Tech draws Alabama in this one, but a win here would be monumental for that program. If they can pull it out against the Crimson Tide, this impressive season will be rewarded with a fifth star.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The Fighting Irish are heavy favorites to win their first-ever BCS Bowl game. A win over the Big East champs will also likely lock up a top-5 spot in next season's preseason polls.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After finishing the season with a win over Wisconsin and two over Michigan, Ohio State could make a case that they should be in the national title game. Still, the Rose Bowl is no consolation prize. The Buckeye's will look to make a statement in the Grand Daddy of Them All. With most of their starters returner, and a top class coming to Columbus, that statement is "We're back!"
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    A matchup between the runner-ups from the Big 10 and the SEC, this game features two teams that narrowly missed out on perfect seasons. Wisconsin caught a few bad breaks in their lone loss to Ohio State. Auburn kept it close in both of their losses. A win for either team will secure a 6th star of prestige and set the wheels in motion for another strong run in 2013.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Virginia Tech's suffocating defense against Florida's prolific offense. The two remaining undefeateds collide in what is sure to be a fantastic game for all the marbles, and Chompions League's first national champion.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

Georgia over Northwestern
    Arkansas over TCU
    Michigan over LSU
    Bama over GT
    ND over Louisville
    OSU over Utah
    Wisconsin over Auburn
    VT over FL

LETS GO BABY!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ben

Ben Walk On

thumbnail.aspx.jpeg Northwestern vs #23 Georgia georgia-mini-s.jpg
    thumbnail-1.aspx.jpeg
    Georgia made a few big decisions after their season finale loss to rival Georgia Tech. The biggest was benching All-Star QB, Aaron Murray because of his inability to perform all season. Hudson Mason, who is also a junior got the nod and stepped up in a big way for the Dawgs in the Gator Bowl.​
    Mason's numbers were 15/32 260 yards passing and 3TD's/2 Int's. He also had a rushing TD in the first half. The only 2 mistakes he made were one forced int downfield and a redzone pick that the defender made a one hand, spectacular, grab on the football. He played a solid game and I think his performance in this game solidifies his ability to be a starter for the Dawgs. Coach Richt had this to say, "I'm proud of my boys for not giving up. They could have just quit after the loss to Georgia Tech. That loss was demoralizing for our team. I'm glad they hunkered down and practiced hard for this game. They showed up big time on the field."​
    Georgia cruised in this one winning 40-27. Now they get ready for the offseason and prepare for next years task at hand. Will Georgia bounce back next season? I sure hope so.​

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

IRISH POUND BIG EAST CHAMPS FOR FIRST EVER BCS WIN

Notre Dame capped off a wonderful season by dismantling #17 Louisville, 47-13 in the Orange Bowl to finish their season at 12-1.

The game was never close as the Irish jumped out to a 30-7 halftime lead. Louisville did a great job of limiting Heisman winner Cierre Wood to just 49 yards on the ground. They could not keep him out of the end zone though as Wood carried it in three times four a touchdown. He also caught a 50 yard TD strike from Everett Golson to give him 4 TDs on the day.

The Fighting Irish look forward to next season as they return many key players and add the nation's top recruiting class. Look for the Irish to be serious contenders for both the Big Ten and National titles next season.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Well Auburn Caps its season with a bowl win over a very good Wisconsin team, in a battle that went back and forth until the 2nd half Tigers come out on top. GG @Glen Cieske
    ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 03 18.50.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 03 18.50.jpg
    Aburnd Keys to winning where stoping the run and on offense Frazier had it going through the air and on the ground

6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Great win for you and Auburn. Congrats to both of you on excellent seasons

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Buckeyes Win Rose Bowl

Ohio State overcame a tough Utah squad last night to win the Rose Bowl 34-17. The Buckeye's ended their season 13-1, with a Big 10 Championship, 2 wins over Michigan and a Rose Bowl victory. Ohio State will try to build off this season's success and make a run for the national championship next season. With most starters expected to return, and one of the nation's top recruiting class coming to Columbus, an undefeated season is definitely possible.

[​IMG]
    John Simon capped off an incredible season with one final sack, bringing his total to 17

[​IMG]

Jake Stoneburner's touchdown in the fourth quarter sealed up a Buckeye win

• Like Like x 1
  8. jandy

jandy Walk On

Good luck in the National Chompionship guys! SEC or ACC (Big 12 :p)??!

• Like Like x 1
  9. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Would be nice to get the game in if the EA servers would stop acting up lol..smh

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

You guys get it to work?

11. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

We have tried multiple times and it hasnt work. We gonna try it again at 2est

12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

OK I am going to be at a wedding from 330 ET - rest of the day probably. Does someone want to take temporary comish and get us to the offseason?

13. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

I can do it for today.. After the game i can take us to the offseason

14. Ben

Ben Walk On

I had the same problem last night in another OD im in. Me and my opponent tried 7 times to play our game against each other. It froze at the opening screen everytime!. We tried over a 4 hour time period. WTH his going on EA?

15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

CJTHA1 I gave you temporary comish. After you and Jon Jon Anderson play your game, advance to the offseason and transfer it back to me. Thanks

16. jandy

jandy Walk On

If the problem persists, CJTHA1 Jon Jon Anderson, you could play an online match and get the winner. Then you could just supersim in CL

17. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

OK comish as soon as we get our game in (hopefully the servers can stop actin up, the power will be yours again lol

18. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Eh should be a last-resort solution. Default rosters aren't the same as CL rosters

19. jandy

jandy Walk On

Obviously, but we're closing in on last resort options at this point

20. jandy

jandy Walk On

21. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

We had to play a unrakned game to see who sim the win in their favor. I won 21-17 in that game. Jon Jon Anderson is a good gamer.

22. jandy

jandy Walk On

It's unfortunate that it came down to that, but I'm glad you got it played. Congrats to both of you guys on a great season. I guess it's true what they say CJ, defense does win championships

• Like Like x 1
  23. Ben

Ben Walk On

Who won? Did you guys get it to work on the OD?

24. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

We had to play a unrakned game to see who sim the win in their favor. I won 21-17 in that game. Jon Jon Anderson is a good gamer.

25. Ben

Ben Walk On

That sucks. I'm glad you guys got the game in, but it sucks it still doesnt work. Hopefully it works at 10pm tonight when my opponent and I try again in another OD im in.

Congrats to the both of you on excellent seasons and congrats on the Nat'l Championship win! Yea Jon Jon is good. He whooped me lol

• Like Like x 1