Bowl Week, Season 3

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Frustrating conference championship week. Let's put that hiccup behind us and be strong for Bowl Season, give positive momentum heading into the offseason and then season 4. Good luck. ​
    #20 Alabama Gator Bowl #17 Iowa
    #9 Auburn Capital One Bowl #11 Wisconsin
    #3 Ohio Sugar Bowl #8 Oklahoma
    #14 Miami Orange Bowl #6 Georgia
    #15 South Carolina Cotton Bowl Georgia Tech
    #5 Texas Fiesta Bowl #12 UCF
    #1 Florida National Championship Game #2 Ohio State

• Like Like x 1
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Good luck everybody.

I wish there was a spectator mode so we could watch the championship. I expect a detailed writeup of such a BIG user game!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Glen Cieske I can play today after 6cst let me know whens good for you

4. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

5. Ben

Ben Walk On

#14 mmi.gif th.jpeg ggb.gif #6

Running with the Dawgs!
    Georgia beats Miami in thriller 45-42
    421A0001_95_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_jOu.jpg

Football truly is a game of inches. This was one of those high offensive scoring games that featured big time playmakers on both sides of the ball. #14 (10-2) Miami was led by senior QB, Ryan Williams and JR RB, Randy Johnson. #6 (10-2) Georgia was led by FR QB, Lance Jenkins and FR WR, Trent Horne. Both teams exploded in what was one of the most exciting Orange Bowl games to date. Jenkins threw 3 td's, but 3 int's as well. Williams ended is amazing 4 years at Miami with 5 td's/ 0 ints. Williams said after the game, "It's just a shame we couldn't win this one, but I give credit to coach Richt and his young team." An excited Lance Jenkins said this after the game, "We knew coming into this ball game that Miami had a great offense. I learned a lot just watching Williams throw the ball from the sidelines. He is a true student of the game and I think he'll be a top draft pick." When asked about the defense he said, "They really stepped up in the second half. That fumble return for a td was HUGE for our morale. After they gave up 28 unanswered points alot of people thought we were finished, but they hunkered down and played their hearts out." One last question was asked and it was about the way he managed the game, "You know, after I threw those 2 interceptions in a row it was like I was in unfamiliar territory. I havent done that all season and their were a lot of boos and Miami fans screaming. This place got extremely loud and it kind of intimidated me in the first half. Coach told me to settle down and I was able to come out in the second half and play a lot better. Give credit to the guys up front though. They gave me plenty of time to throw the ball."

Georgia finished off its season with an 11-2 record. This young team has plenty of talent and they should make their first run at the SEC title next season. Watch out Florida and Auburn.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Sounds good c ya then

7. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Oklahoma finishes strong season with a Win • King impresses again • Blake Bell leaves with a sour taste in his mouth
    Sugar Bowl Champions • Oklahoma 43 Ohio 31
    Blake Bell did notdo his NFL future any justice by turning the ball over five times in the last game of his collegiate career against #3 Ohio. Luckily, freshman phenom Early King recorded 400+ all purpose yards including a kick return touchdown to lead the Sooners passed the Ohio Bobcats 43-31. Although he missed out on the Heisman trophy, King realizes that he is only a freshman. Scary thought.​
    The defense played well and recorded a sack after one of Bell's 4 interceptions.​
    Oklahoma finishes the season 11-2, with two heart-breaking losses to users, each within one score and one loss in overtime. With Blake Bell graduating, it is up to the team's other leaders to step up in his absence and try to bring home Oklahoma's first Big 12 Championship.​

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

It is kind of scary that he just now realized that he was a freshman. Must be some creative tutoring going on at OU to keep that genius eligible.

9. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

going to try and get my game this late afternoon early evening

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Important Announcement
    Jon Jon Anderson and I just finished our championship game. It was a great game, he won 20-14. I will write a recap later, going out with some friends to get some drinks. Unfortunately, the only way we could make the NC game work was to rehost the dynasty. This corrupted the old file. You have all received an invite to the new file. For those who have already played your bowl games, you will have to play again. Feel free to supersim in your favor. I apologize for this inconvenience.​
    Ben

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I invited everyone to the new dynasty that's on my friends list. If you did not get an invite, the dynasty is called Spayer419OD2 there is no password

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I Joined up me and Glen going to play tomorrow, and congratz on the Natty Fla your the 1st to win it and not do a write up all year :D oops did I say that out loud..

13. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Joined up and simmed my bowl. The CPU did a better job than I did. Not sure how to feel about that. Gonna miss Malcolm Brown and David Ash next year, but looking forward to getting a little more athletic at QB.

14. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Not gonna give me credit for one of your losses? Congrats on a nice year. Glad you most likely knocked those boys from the MAC out of the top 5.

15. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

You know what, I actually meant to put the word "users" instead of "computers." I lost to you and Georgia.

16. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Yeah, I figured that's what u meant. Just giving ya a hard time.

17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

webbs6212 please join the new file and play today

18. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

Good Game Spayer! It was a close game as you can see it could of been worse if the Gators would have capitalized on some redzone chances. Jacoby Brisset went out with style. Ohio state hung in there though though with a fumble recovery for a touchdown and a nice bomb from Braxton Miller. At the end of the half jacoby threw up a hail mary that was answered for a touchdown which swung the momentum back to Florida. Other than those few plays it was the defenses stepping up and stopping the offesnses alot of punts in this game. It was a good season the Gators are looking forward to going back to back. Goooo Gators!!!​

19. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

LOL...Im only going to start writing up games against Auburn now. Should i start with the Sec Championship game this year. Here is the write up 42-14..It's all good your right tho. Will start doing more write ups for now on.

20. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Your right you got me in that game & our 1st one. Sec champ game I was without Frazier & my offense was sputtering.. Your a good player would just like to see you more active & part of the OD..

21. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

So Fred Limbo and I have attempted to play our game 5 times now, first 2 froze after loading cpb. Last 3 froze right before kick off or before coin toss. We both agreed to have Spayer419 just sim the game

• Like Like x 1
  22. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

working on getting mine in quick

23. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Any chance you guys would be down for offseason tonight, in about an hour, hour 15?