Bowl Week, Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Feb 12, 2012.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

We advanced...quickly. I like that

We move again, Tuesday at 12 noon ct

We have a user National Championship Miami vs LSU
    EMU vs WKU, both teams could really use a bowl win for prestige purposes

Everyone else...post a bowl preview/review show

I dont have a game, so I am going to go cry myself to sleep

2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Mormon-when can you play? This afternoon would be great for me.

3. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Today would be great. I will be home all day. Text me when you want to play 214-245-6365.

4. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

LSU Wins BCS Title.

The Miami Hurricanes seemed poised to take the national championship. LSU was facing a second and goal from the 11 after a Hurricane linebacker tackled LSU's qb trying to handoff the ball (his front 7 was that good). To offset the speed of Miami's rush, Coach Weaver called for a screen to the halfback. It worked as Kenny Hilliard found the endzone with 1:20 to play to give the Tigers a 20-17 lead. LSU was playing catch up most of the second half after Miami's rb broke off an 80 yard touchdown. Both defenses dug in until Hilliard found pay dirt.

The game was not yet over as the Hurricanes would have time and all 3 timeouts to work with. On the first play, Miami's qb was picked off for a second time. LSU picked up a crucial 3rd down from midfield to ice the game.

Miami made big plays. An 80 yard td, a 71 yard catch and a 48 yard catch. Other than that, the LSU defense smothered the Hurricanes. LSU's longest play was only 27 yards with most of their damage being a grind it out short passes, short runs style. LSU dominated time of possession and first downs (16-5).

Coach Weaver now has 3 BCS titles, but this was his first as a head coach.

• Like Like x 1
  5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

mormon, seriously?
    you make weave look ilke a god. you suck.

everyone, please say your goodbyes to plague. after he wins, he will be booted. let's let him know how much he has meant to us.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pro

Pro Walk On

If Plague gets booted, then I get booted

7. vatechhokie01

nice. the master plan seems to be setup for perfect execution!

8. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

My first thought when I saw heath has a user bowl game was that I am really going to miss Plague.

• Like Like x 4
  9. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Tennessee behind there defense wins the Outback bowl over a tough Iowa team. As always it was a defensive game with little to no offense at all on either side of the ball the only bright spot was the Senior RB Smith gets to 1012 yards for the season before dislocating his elbow to end His time with the Vols.

10. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I suck. Two years in a row now I lose the NC, last year by 4 and this year by 3.

11. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

We fellow MAC boys need to stick together

12. Pro

Pro Walk On

Kent State Head Coach Andrew Profio showed this speech before his team's GoDaddy.com Bowl game against UL-Lafayette.

He then followed up with his own speech.

"Men, if that didn't get your blood going, I don't know what will. We have preserved through hell and brimstone this year, and this team is strengthened because of that. To start the year 1-4 only to come back and win your last 8 games, including this school's first ever MAC east championship and it's second half MAC championship, is nothing short of a damn miracle. Be proud in that. But damn it, this is the fifth straight year we have been to a bowl, and it's about fucking time we won one. You have worked too hard to come up short again. Seniors, think about that time I was recruiting you. I sat there and looked you in the eyes four years ago, and told you that I would get you to a bowl. I did my part, I have gotten you to a bowl game each of your 4 seasons here. It's time that our two ends meet finally. This school has suffered through too much humiliation, but today we have all the opportunity to exorcise those demons. We have to change to show people that while we were all on watch, Kent was not a loser. If we play our game, there is no doubt in my mind that they can not stop us. EMU could not stop us. OU could not stop us. NIU sure as hell couldn't stop us. What makes these guys any different? Offense punch them in their damn throat. Defense keep up the pressure. Let's bring this home."

The combination of the two speeches really resonated with the Golden Flashes players, as they completely dominated the Ragin' Cajuns 28-0. Kent took the opening drive and scored with an Akise Teague 6 yard touchdown. Teague followed up with his second touchdown of the game to make it 14-0. Late in the second quarter, Kent quarterback Jordan Tarver found Chad Fitzpatrick for the 78 yard touchdown bomb. Teague put the final nail in the coffin with his third touchdown of the game, a 61 yard run to give us the final tally of 28-0. ULL had plenty of opportunities to get into the game. Their kicker missed 3 field goals, and their quarterback threw several interceptions in the redzone.

With the win, Kent gets their first ever bowl victory, their first ever 10 win season, and it also raises questions about Profio's future. His contract is up after the season, and he could be a hot candidate for some bigger programs. He has guided the Flashes now to 5 straight bowl games, a MAC East championship, a MAC championship, and now a bowl win. Kent also closes the year on a 9 game winning streak.

"I am not going to speculate on my future at this time. I am going to talk things over with my family, and seek out their advice. The first person I'm going to talk to is my cousin, Coach Goose at Syracuse. He left a top tier MAC school for a bottom ACC team. I want to make sure that I make the right decision. For now, I am going to savor this victory with my team. We have always done our best to keep them focused on the next game, but guess what. There are no more games, its time to celebrate." Profio said after the game.

STATS

Jordan Tarver: 8/17 209 yards, 1 touchdown

Akise Teague: 26 carries, 146 yards, 3 touchdowns

Justin Harrell: 3 catches, 60 yards

Chad Fitzpatrick: 2 catches, 103 yards, 1 touchdown

Andre Parker: 11 tackles, 2 for loss, 1 sack, 1 interception

• Like Like x 2
  13. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Actually last season was the ACC title game. :)

14. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I know, but whoever won that game was going to win the NC.

15. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

you mean the mighty Nevada wouldn't have beaten you?

16. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

lol, Nevada. With the eams that you and I have there is no reason to lose to even the best CPU teams. In the end, the season comes down to the user games.

17. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Depending on the situation I will play my game later tonight or before 12 tomorrow.

18. vatechhokie01

sorry for the bowl hold up... my fault. we are ready to play this evening!

19. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

get your good byes in now.

20. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Its been really fun playing with y'all these past 7 months. I'm gonna miss you guys :(

• Like Like x 5
  21. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I will be up later tonight so I will advance to the carousel tonight and start it. Tomorrow is Valentines day so, I am making no issues with it, go ahead and attempt to nail your wives...

We will get the offseason started tonight and work our way through the carousel. Will advance to recruiting through the day on wed and will advance to the regular season wed night. Cant recruit through the day....S.O.L. We are not taking three nights to recruit again. Who still has recruiting to do?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  22. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I have 3 or 4 spots to fill that I would like to nail down. I can probably swing recruiting throughout the day. I'll just give my students busy work to keep them away from me.

Who is tempting the carousel's fate tonight?

23. vatechhokie01

fyi... totally done recruiting here.

24. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Well folks it is the end of an era and the beginning of another out in San Jose. Today the Spartans led by an unworldly senior class of talent took the field against the UConn Huskies. This game really ended up being a blow out, when the game itself was much closer. UConn jumped out to an early 7-0 only to see Cameron Long punch a TD in for the Spartans to even it up 7-7. Not to be outdone the Huskies quickly put up another score and took the lead 14-7.

The second quarter was all Spartans. First junior RB Kevin Clark scored from 3 yards out. Then with just over 2 minutes left in the half Kevin Butler hooked up with KC Pearce for both of their final TD's as collegiate athletes. This was a 54 yard strike that really swung the already building momentum clearly into the favor of SJSU.

The third quarter only had one score and it was Kevin Clark's second of the day as he galloped in from 23 yards out.

On to the final quarter where the Spartans scored once again on the ground on a Luke Slaughter 67 yard TD. Look out for Luke in the years to come as this redshirt freshman has been a home run hitter for much of the second half of this season. Ironically this time around the Spartans took command of the turnover battle with 4 interceptions to just 1 by Butler. This was definitely the difference maker in the game, especially since the Spartans ranked 120 in the nation in that category. Final score in this one is 35-14

On to the offseason go SJSU who will undoubtedly be looking for multiple new leaders on both sides of the ball since guys like Kevin Butler, KC Pearce, Raishaun Bailey, Jibari Carr, Steve Barber, and Doug Parrish will all be trying to further their football careers at the next level. With 16 open scholarships available next season the Spartans and coach TRude are hoping their success over the course of three years in multiple conferences will be enough to land some big time names. Only time will tell.

25. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Another 4 seasons and you will win by 1.