Bowl Week - Season 5

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Congrats guys. We've made it through season 5. From this point forward every single one of your players will be a recruit (and if you've been with us from the start, a player you've recruited). In my opinion, this is when the dynasty really picks up and hits its highest level. I think we've got a few more really good seasons in us and I hope all of you stick around.​
    Before we move on to season 6, of course, we have to finish bowl season. It should be a good one with some nice user matchups and tough CPU games. Look out for Alabama and Georgia Tech, who with a win could become six star programs.​
    Iowa Meineke Car Care Bowl #25 North Carolina
    #10 Notre Dame Capital One Bowl #11 LSU
    #4 Wisconsin Rose Bowl #22 Stanford
    #5 Alabama Sugar Bowl #6 Texas
    #3 Georgia Tech Fiesta Bowl #8 Boise State
    #7 Oklahoma Cotton Bowl Georgia
    #1 Ohio State National Championship Game #2 Auburn

2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  3. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

o crap i just played the game i forgot UNC was a user and didnt see that im so sorry...:oops:

4. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

i'm working on it right now...tried to rejoin yesterday, but the servers were down for me.

5. jandy

jandy Walk On

cmassey13 I can play anytime tomorrow before 1pm EST or late at night. Let me know what times work for you and we'll figure something out

6. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

jandy tomorrow morning should be best for me. Can we try for say 10:30am central? That way we should be done before NFL kickoffs.

7. jandy

jandy Walk On

10:30 central it is. See you then!

8. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I'll rejoin as soon as I can have family in from out of state I'll try to do it tonight but my game won't get played till tomorrow night possibly monday

9. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

It's OK. If he does rejoin the dynasty I'll just throw the results

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

[​IMG] The National Championship [​IMG]
    Tonight Ohio State has a date with destiny. The top-ranked Buckeyes will either complete the quest they embarked upon in September, or fail in doing so. The quest for the school's 8th National Championship, the first with coach Urban Meyer, and one Buckeye Nation believes has been a long time coming. ​
    Ohio State has arguably been the most dominate team in college football, but with little to show for it. Yes, with Meyer the Buckeyes are 64-4 this past half decade. They've won won five Big Ten titles, two Rose Bowls, countless big games. Ray Hall even became the second player to hoist a Heisman for OSU in five years. But they have no national titles. In fact, they've choked them away. ​
    Three years ago Ohio State was in a much different position, but in the same game. The Buckeyes were playing Texas for the national title, but they were ranked No. 2 and had lost to Wisconsin earlier in the year. Some questioned whether they deserved to be there. OSU proved that it did, and late in the fourth quarter the Buckeyes controlled the game with a narrow lead against heavily favored Texas. But the Buckeyes couldn't make good on many great opportunities, kicking field goals instead of scoring touchdowns too often, and Texas walked away with a 24-23 victory on a last-second field goal.​
    It hurt, but things looked optimistic for the Buckeyes, especially after Heisman winning quarterback Braxton Miller decided to return for his senior season. The Buckeyes went wire-to-wire as the top-ranked team in the country and advanced to play Florida in the National Championship game, where they were favored. But once again Ohio State failed in the face of opportunity, settling for field goals and turning the ball over. Even worse, the conceded a hail mary pass at the end of the first half, which gave Florida control of momentum. Nonetheless, Ohio State had an opportunity to win the game on a final drive. Down 28-23, Miller drove the Buckeyes down field to the 13-yard line, but the drive stalled and Florida won the crystal football.​
    A year later Ohio State surprised many by winning all of its tough games against ranked and user opponents, but surprised even more when they lost to Penn State on the road in overtime. The Buckeyes still believed they were the best team in the country, but never got a chance to play the eventual champion Tigers. ​
    This year they do. And unlike any year in the past, it feels as if destiny is on OSU's side. After all, it has been all year. But maybe this is how OSU wins championships. The 2002 season, the school's most recent title, will always be remembered for the close finishes and miracle plays. If OSU pulls it out tonight the 2016 season will be remembered in a similar fashion.​
    OSU has won 7 games by a score or less. They've won twice in overtime and three times on a last second play. Three times! Buckeye Nation will never forget Ray Hall's miraculous 60-yard touchdown reception as time expired, but that wasn't the Heisman winner's most clutch game-winning catch of the year. No the senior also hauled in the game-winning score in the Big Ten titel game against Notre Dame as time expired. And lets not forget that Hall had already demonized the Irish earlier in the season with two return touchdowns in a game the Buckeyes won in overtime. Or the other overtime win, against Illinois, which only went to an extra session because Roy Arrington caught a 27-yard strike as time expired to tie the game. ​
    We will see if the Buckeyes can keep the good fortune tonight. To do so, they will have to make a decision between two men that brought them here. Sophomore quarterback Jalen Bush was spectacular for most of the season, but struggled against Notre Dame in the conference championship. Meyer inserted junior Malik Brown in his place, and Brown led the Buckeyes to the comeback victory. It is expected that Brown will start tonight for OSU, but how will that effect the rest of the team, and what role will Bush have? All and more will be answered tonight in the national championship game.​

• Like Like x 2
  11. jandy

jandy Walk On

cmassey13 Any chance we could play a little earlier? Would 10 central work?

12. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I might be a few minutes late, but 10 is good with me.

13. jandy

jandy Walk On

Cool, thanks man

14. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

You guys playing tonight? Any chance we can offseason after?

15. jandy

jandy Walk On

We're about to play now

16. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I can't tonight. Could this afternoon or tomorrow night. Looks like Wisconsin still needs to join anyway though.

17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

He's playing tonight and we were going to do offseason after

18. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I won't be here tonight unless we can get it done before 7 central. I'm free anytime tomorrow after 4:30pm central. On the subject of offseason, what's the rule for swaying RS Sophs if they are trying to leave? I think we should be able to try and sway them unless they were the heisman or something. Would suck to not even get three years out of guy you recruited (and yes I'm asking cuz I don't want to lose someofmy favorite guys if they try to leave).

19. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Horns Shutout Tide for Sugar Bowl Victory

The Texas defense dominated this year's Sugar Bowl to lead the Longhorns to a 24-0 victory. They came up with three interceptions, and QB Connor Brewer was able to rebound from a terrible performance in the Big 12 Conference Championship game and toss two first-half touchdowns. The first score actually saw WR Terrence Dorsey bail out Brewer as he made a leaping catch in the endzone between two Tide defenders on a ill-advised throw. That play seemed to spark the Horns as they went on to score 21 in the first half. Texas came out in the second half and looked to establish the run and "take the air out of the ball" with the big lead. They weren't able to run consistently against a stout Tide defensive front, but the Longhorn defense was able to maintain control and keep Bama off the scoreboard. In this contest, QB Connor Brewer was able to set the school's single-season record for passing yards and added to his record for TD passes in a season. Brewer's favorite target, WR Terrence Dorsey, also set the school mark for most receiving yards and touchdowns in a season.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HOOK 'EM!