Bowl Week (Season 7)

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Congrats on another great season guys. Let's move through bowl week and get to offseason ASAP. Users please let me know when you plan on playing your respective games so I can start planning offseason. ​
    Champs Sports Bowl: #11 Florida State vs. ECU
    Chick-fil-A Bowl: #5 Georgia Tech vs. #18 Oklahoma
    TicketCity Bowl: Northwestern vs. Southern Miss
    Capital One Bowl: #11 Florida vs. Michigan
    Rose Bowl: #3 Ohio State vs. #22 Arizona
    Orange Bowl: #4 Wisconsin vs. #7 Texas
    Sugar Bowl: #8 North Carolina vs. #5 USC
    National Championship Game: #1 Notre Dame vs. #2 Alabama

2. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Hey CJTHA1, when is a good time for out bowl game? I'm pretty free this weekend.

3. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Man I'm pissed over here. Not sure why, but every time I load up NCAA as soon as the first Loading... screen comes up I get signed out of my PS3. I've had issues where I'd need a modem reset but I since got a hardwire connection on my PS3 and had little to no issues (almost no lag in any of my user games here I'm sure those will attest...besides the one drop w/ Florida I believe). All to say, it's never signed me out of Playstation Network and now it's doing that every time I sign in. I have an old school big box PS3 so I wouldn't be surprised if it's on it's last legs.

I can connect and sign in no problem. Just when I get to the loading... screen it signs me out. I'm going to try to sign in while the games still active, not sure how this happens before work this morning I connected no problem...

Anybody have any tips Spayer419 whose the techie user around here lol

4. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Looking like Texas and Wisconsin will be playing tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

National Championship is scheduled for 9CST tomorrow night!

• Like Like x 1
  6. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Im free tomorrow around 1pm. does that sound good??

7. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

yeah that works

8. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Phew I finally got in. Hopefully this doesn't persist because that was tough to watch.

FSU gets 2nd straight Champs Sports Bowl.

It wasn't where they wanted to be and at times it showed. There were also parts of the game they looked very prepared. When the dust settled the FSU Seminoles dominated ECU defensively and stomped on the gas peddle in the 4th for a 56-31 win.

They wouldn't have to go far form home again, but they sure would've liked a trip to New Orleans. With Ryan Morgans nation worst 25 interceptions on the year - many believed he was a no-brainer to return for his senior year. Today he may have played himself into a Combine Invite because he looked like the sharpest player on the team and showed pocket awareness we hadn`t seen consistently all year. Morgan scrambled when he needed to, extended plays remaining in the pocket and delivered on the run like a pro. He wasn`t sacked once on the day, a first for the year and didn't throw an interception, also a first for the year.

"I'll be good and honest, I think Ryan's signs of improvement were a testament to how much more he can improve. He's had one year of starting experience and he could be great in the NFL, but he knows he can be even better if he returns. As a coaching staff, we're ready for whatever outcome." his coach said.

"We have the two best pass catchers in the country returning, he would be crazy not to want to be apart of a team thats one step away from a big bowl and an ACC Title. But with a preformance like this, of course you always want to go out with a big-bang and I admit, solo-statistics for him today were about as good as you can get, leaving."

Nagurski, Bednarik and LB of the Year award winner true freshman Patrick Dunbar had just one big sack, one of the teams 12 on the day. ECU's offensive line simply was no match for the FSU front 6. They wreaked havoc in the backfield all day and Dunbar took a lot of the pressure off of his teammates like SO Marcus Holt who had 5 sacks.

CB Traevon Banks was expected to take over Dwayne Gambles starting spot but remained at the Nickle corner, JR Justin Johnson took over Gamble's vacant position while he recovers from a torn groin. Johnson didn't give up a single big play, instead it was first year JUCO JR Sean McCormick giving up countless big plays on his #2 spot. He likely will need to redshirt next year to try and come back and contribute as a senior the following season, he just doesn't have the skills to play on an island just yet and with 3 talented defensive backs coming in next year he's likely out.

Banks however was again just a flash on the defensive side of the ball. 2 TFL and a beautiful interception he plucked out of a receivers hands (viewable replay on Dynasty Wire) he is one of the finest prospects that FSU has on defense and will be salivating at the thought of him improving over the spring into next year. Very versatile corner who can shut down receivers and step up and play the run and lay the lumber so to speak.

"Gamble told me he'll be back. He wants to lead us to a BCS Title next year. He's super motivated to rehab his knee and work hard in the off-season with his teamates and incoming freshman who enroll early in just a few weeks. It's amazing how this unit can go from seeming so bare in depth to become argueably our strength next year. As of right now it's looking like Gamble will be our defensive captain"

"Banks is just an awesome story. Taking snaps last season at QB to struggling with the playbook, to nearly forfeitting his scholarship to a position change, to an amazing display of improvement becoming of of the most feared Defensive Backs in the ACC...I can't say enough about him. He wanted to play tailback but when I saw him play I knew he would be a one-of-a-kind athlete on defense. He will just be on defense next year as he prepares himself for the next level at his position full-time. We'll have one of our incoming freshmen returning the ball next year"

"We're going to be very young, but this team will mature quickly. They will have to. They're going to be thrown right to the dogs because it's looking like Clemson, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, UNC, Ohio State and Florida will all be on the road. It will be tough to go even .500 down that stretch. We're gonna prepare as hard as we can and who knows - maybe we can't surprise a few along the way."

• Like Like x 1
  9. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Plz plz plz let's try and get off-season in before Thursday. If on Thursday, after 6pm eastern. I have a ton of position changes n stuff to do and if anybody is going to transfer/go pro I'll need to recruit but I allready have the guys I would be targetting so I will need 5 minutes to load the OD and recruit per week max.

10. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

I have the old school big box PS3 also with a hard wired connection. I have has this happen a time or two and when It happen to me, I would unplug my modem and router and have the PS3 off until the router and moden come up fully, then I would turn on the PS3. Seems like a lot, but it works for me.

11. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Got it workin thanks tho. It wasn't a connection issue it was when I'd load my game. After like 20 tries I connected at the OD menu just before you need to be logged in and I was enough to remain connected I unno I was thrilled when it finally worked. Ready for next season!!

12. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

fishdock tomorrow night 4 me after 8 est

13. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Spayer419 what are the chances we could do the off-season right after this game Monday night??

14. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Rekkapryde that should work for me, might be later though. working a new waitering job, and there's no guarantee when i get off work. that being said, i'm working a double, so i'll be one of the first people out the door. i got your #, so i'll keep you up to date.

also, in regards to offseason, i should be good to roll whenever right after my game, or the next two nights.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

That's the likely scenario

16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Is there no way for you guys to play tonight?

17. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Tonight would be awesmoe for me as it's a Canadian Holiday tommoorow and I could stay up however late tonight

18. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Hey CJTHA1, I give up man...4 disconnects with little or no lag is ridiculous....guess EA doesn't like us today :(

Did you want to try again later tonight? Don't want to hold up the offseason too much.

19. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Yeah i feel ya man. Im going to be busy tonight so you can play the CPU if you want because i dont want to hold up the offseason either.

20. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Just set yourself on autopilot if thats gonna be the case

21. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Done and Done

22. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

23. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

I'll be up late if needed, just hit me up when ready. I'll be in my room after 730 pm est.

24. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Not sure if you saw, but we will be doing offseason tonight

25. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

yeah, ready to rock as soon as we done.