Bowl Week Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Bowl Week Summaries

Good Luck Guys

2. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

The 2010 Las Vegas Bowl
    Oregon - 21
    UNLV - 45

It what was never a close game, the 2010 Las Vegas Bowl was dominated by the hometown kids from UNLV. This comes as a surprise for multiple reasons. Many UNLV players were disappointed they didn't get to travel somewhere to a bowl game but Senior QB, and Las Vegas Bowl MVP, Omar Clayton was excited about finishing his career where it started. "Not many people picked us to go .500 this year but we did. Not many people picked us to win the Mountain West but we did that too. I didn't hear anyone say we would be in a bowl game but we were. And Lee, Kirk, and everyone else at ESPN picked Oregon to win this but we didn't let that happen. I am so excited about what we accomplished after such a rocky start. Hopefully this will be a building block for the program's future."

Interesting fact of the game: UNLV completed 3 passes on 3 attempts by 3 different QBs.

What to look out for in 2011: UNLV will have a wide open competition at QB next year after the loss of Clayton. Rising (RS) Sr Mike Clausen and Soph Taylor Barnhill are the front runners for the job.

3. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Nice win coach. Looks like absolute domination... *cough* really shows we need sliders *cough*

4. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

Haha I agree. I'd love it if I went 4-9 next year just because I got beat some better teams. I only lost to a user this year.

5. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

wow nice win against the ducks!!!(y)

hopefully i can end my season on a good note by beating the only team to give me a loss...CAL(n)

6. ChaoticUT

[​IMG]

UTEP 42- WMU 20

Agonizing start ends in 2nd half blow out

After getting beat in every facet of the game the UTEP Miner's went into the locker rooms at half time down 20-7. They must have eaten their Wheaties at half time because the Miner's put up 35 points in the 2nd half, 21 of those in the 4th quarter, while keeping WMU scoreless. It took just :17 seconds into the 3rd quarter for the Miner's to show that they were for real and would not accept defeat. Donald Buckram took the screen pass on the first play of the 3rd quarter 74 yards to the end zone, you could feel the momentum change. On the ensuing kick off one of UTEP's gunner absolutely rocked the WMU kick returner and the ball popped out, the game was practically over at that point. Just 2 minutes in to the 4th quarter, UTEP's DB B. Miller step in front of a hitch pass and took it 58 yards to the zone to seal the game. UTEP got rolling in the second half and ended the season in an impressive matter. The Miner's will hope to carry over that momentum to the 2011 season.

Player of the Game: Donald Buckram- 15 Rushes 135 Yards 2 TDs- 3 Catches 115 Yards 1 TD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Good wins guys.

8. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

Great comeback UTEP.

9. dubb40

dubb40 Sideline Football, We Rock!

2010 Humanitarian Bowl

Boise-

The last time LA Tech played in Boise, they lost a heartbreaker to Boise State. This time, the Bulldogs capped off a 10 win season in a squeaker against a game Troy team.

The Bulldogs went up 14-0 in the 2nd, but the Trojans knocked soph QB Colby Cameron out of the game and took away all of the Bulldogs momentum.

After halftime, the score was 14-14 and the Bulldogs gained momentum with a safety by Tank Calais, but on the ensuing kickoff the Trojans scooped a fumble and rumbled 44 yards to the endzone and a lead.

Down 20-16 in the 4th, embattled former starting QB Ross Jenkins made a clutch play and ran 12 yds for the game winning TD.

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

Wow sounds like a great game. Good win coach.

11. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

Great win guys!

12. dubb40

dubb40 Sideline Football, We Rock!

Thanks, when you guys get a chance look at the TD run by Jenkins. It was insane!!

13. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

[​IMG]

San Diego State 21 vs. Rutgers 6

With the Poinsettia Bowl victory, comes to an end a great season from the Aztecs of San Diego State. Although it wasn't a pretty victory by any means, a win is a win when it comes to bowl time. Finishing 11-1, was something nobody expected out of this witty team. "I'm so proud of how our guys performed this season," said Coach E "We'll celebrate today but tomorrow we get ready for next season."

The Aztec offense turned the ball over early and often, but the defense kept them in the game.

Offensive Player of the Game: Walter Kazee 22 carries for 110 yards and 1 TD

Defensive Player of the Game: Cody Galae 2 INT including an INT return for a 91 yd TD

In other news BJ Sullivan was named a First Team All American for the Aztecs and Jose Perez and Cody Galae were both named Freshman All American.

As he walked away from the reporters Coach E could be heard saying, "We need Walter to stay." I guess we will just have to wait a few weeks to see what Kazee decides to do, since he is such an integral part to this young Aztec team.​

14. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

ASU wins New Orleans Bowl

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Coach Sabo and the Red Wolves finished out their season in the New Orleans Bowl vs. UCF in what was a defensive battle. Early on the Red Wolves took a 14-0 lead behind the rushing of their talented freshman hb Frankie Jackson. UCF would battle back to draw within 7 after a touchdown in the 2nd qtr. ASU capped off the half with a field goal to go into the half leading 17-7. After the half UCF would use their defense to stop the Red Wolves and hold them to no points in the second half. The Red Wolves defense continued to dominate UCF and made scoring an impossible goal. Red Wolves capture their first bowl victory 17-7.

Coach Sabo had this to say "Im so very proud of our team. At the begining of the year noone thought we could accomplish what we have, BUT WE DID. I cant wait to hit the preseason and get my guys ready for next seasons adventure. But for now its time to relax and celebrate a well fought season. GO RED WOLVES !!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Arkansas State Red Wolves
    11-2 (8-0 conf)
    2010 Sun Belt Champions
    2010 New Orleans Bowl Champions

[​IMG]

15. ChaoticUT

Looks like were undefeated so far in Bowl Game as a dynasty. Good work guys

16. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

We have all had great seasons this year

17. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Nevada Gets Redemption, Finishes Season on a High Note 49-21

When Nevada played Cal earlier in the season, they had their senior offensive leaders with them in Colin Kaepernick and Via Taua. After that loss, these two seniors would will their team to 9 straight victories. Kaepernick began to display the aerial attack that the coaches demanded from him. Via Taua would go on to win the Doak Walker and Walter Camp award, and most likely would have taken the Heismann as well. But saddled with injuries, both players would have to watch this rematch from the bench. This time, Nevada was ready.

No one could have seen this coming, as back-up Tyler Lantrip made it be known that he would be one to watch next year. Completing 16 of 24 passes for a staggering 437 yards (5 td's, 0 int's), Lantrip was in a world by himself. "Are you kidding me? In the biggest game of the season...versus the only team to beat us...and he goes out and does this?" said coach Nguyen. "That is ridiculous. The kid is a gamer. I don't know what else to say."

Nevada set the tone early, going up 14-0 on TD passes to Chris Wellington and Tray Sessions. Not so fast though. Cal would respond by scoring the next 14 points as Nevada went through multiple 3 and outs. Nevada would quickly seize back the momentum by scoring the next 4 TD's that resulted in absolute pandomonium in the Nevada cheering section. "Playing in the Emerald Bowl right in the heart of the bay area, it was crazy. There were Berkeley fans everywhere. Funny how all we could hear were Nevada fans though," said a smiling Lantrip. "It got quiet really fast in the 3rd quarter didn't it?"

Other notables included Lampford Mark who rushed for 84 yards on 15 carries and 2 td's. Wide receivers Virgil Green had 168 yards receiving and 1 TD while graduating senior Chris Wellington had 136 yards and 2 TD's. "This was an incredible year for Nevada and our university. If you told me we would finish the season 12-1, I might have thought you were on something," said Wellington. "But hard work pays off. We believe in one another. I won't be here, but you better believe that Nevada is coming back baby!"

[YOUTUBE]6f_YDlbdmdY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xg-DPnPlLcY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]yv1G2hlukVg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-3JPa5jedI4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3G4hwFTSHxc[/YOUTUBE]​

18. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Great finish to a great season everyone