Bowl week summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by slim, Nov 6, 2010.

1. slim

slim Walk On

Michigan State 36
    Baylor 30

Let's go to the post game press conference....

Coach Slim: Before I take any questions I just want to say thank you to the departing seniors. This is my favorite team I've ever coached and they're a great team. I wish we could have pulled it out today but that's life. We're going to miss these guys next year but we need to start building til next year and that starts right now.

Reporter: You guys had a monster day through the air...will we see more passing next year?
    Coach Slim: Well we never like to throw it that much. We got behind early and really had to throw the ball around to try to catch up. Cousins was almost impossible to stop today but we had a chance to win it at the end and just couldn't do it. When we recovered that onside kick with 11 seconds I really thought we were going to score just because that's the way it's been all season.

Reporter: Coach, Florence has been exceptional filling in for the injured Griffin, is there going to a battle for the QB spot next year?
    Coach Slim: Wow, the season is barely over and we're already talking about next season? Gosh almighty. Let's just enjoy this great season and we'll worry about that in the spring.

Reporter: The Big 12 hasn't fared well this bowl season with Baylor, Texas, and Nebraska losing. Is that a sign that maybe the Big 12 is inferior?
    Coach Slim: The last time I checked we lost to the 1 loss big 10 team, Texas lost to a really good Rutgers team and Nebraska lost to a well coached Washington team. Sometimes you just don't get the breaks but I think the Big 12 plays some of the best football anywhere.

If there are no more questions about the bowl game I'm out....thanks guys

2. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Ouch, well if it makes you feel any better than Michigan State was #2 in the BCS polls before the last week of the season.

3. titangator

titangator Walk On

Good stuff as usual slim, tough break on the L

4. titangator

titangator Walk On

Miss State and Michigan... number 17 and number 19... kicking off the Outback Bowl in Florida! "A lil fun in the sun"

Coach Hickerson plans to unveil his new offense, or parts of it in todays game as they head to the offseason that has much more under center snaps that Hickerson hopes will get the running game a little more involved.

"We have 3 very good running backs, and there is no reason we cant get them in positions to run the ball effectively." - Hickerson

5. titangator

titangator Walk On

State leads the Wolverines 10 to 3 at the half.

6. titangator

titangator Walk On

States wins the Outback Bowl, 38 to 17 over the Wolverines... recap coming later.

7. ThePaw

Must have been an offensive explosion in the second half, ehh? Nice win.

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Washington 34
    Nebraska 29

went up 28-6 in the first half and then ran out the clock...

9. slim

slim Walk On

thanks guys, we went up 7-0 after our first drive but we were definitely outmanned. MSU is for real. the final score made it look a lot closer than it really was.

10. ThePaw

Cimmy let me know when you can play this week. 'PREEECIATE IT.

11. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Northwestern loses in a close one to BAMA!!

The Wildcats fought hard. It was a close one boys. BAMA had the Wildcats under pressure all game, specifically Persa (NW QB). Persa played tough, not bad, but had a rough game. He was hurt (had to sit out a series) and also threw several picks (this has happens more often then we'd like to admit but he was a gunslinger). In the end Alabama overpowered the Cats 34-31 in OT. Overall this has been a year of improvement but the Wildcats have a long way go. Losing Persa, most of the OLine, and Defense brings a lot into question for next year. One things for sure this years Wildcat team was one of heck of a passing team and one horrible running team. This ify defense was far from elite but played well enough to stay in games. For a consecutive year a Northwestern linebacker was among the top tacklers in the nation. The guys played tough. Next year this team only gets younger which makes next year unpredictable. Look in the Wildcat times in the classified section or Monster.com there will be open positions for several starting LB positions, OLine positions, and 1 starting RB position. Apply while you still can, please not you must be big, strong, fast, and Heisman caliber.

12. ThePaw

'Pack Bring Home National Championship
    Big plays by NC State and Turnovers doom the Gamecocks​
    [​IMG]
    #2 NC State- 41​
    #1 South Carolina- 27​

It was a long thing coming for Russell Wilson who lead his team with 409 yards through the air and three touchdowns. After finishing third in Heisman voting he was determined to come out and lead his team for the national championship in his last year.​
    "Some people were saying this team was winning inspite of me since I had a decent amount of picks this season, but I came out to prove all my critics wrong. This is amazing" - Russell Wilson after the game.
    In the first quarter both teams were feeling each other out, starting out with NC State going up 3-0 after forcing a South Carolina punt, but Stephen Garcia hit Alshon Jefferey on a 54 yard post route to give the gamecocks a 7-3 lead after the first quarter.​
    The second was all NC State, as they put up 17 consecutive points to go up 20-7 until once again Garcia led the gamecocks down the field on their last possession of the half to hit Alshon Jefferey once again on a 6 yard td pass to make it 20-14 at the half.​
    In the third, NC State scored twice to go up 34-14.​
    In the fourth NC State was running the clock, and south carolina scored twice to make the final score 41-27.​
    Great game Cimmy, was really fun to play.​
    NC State Players Of The Game
    WR Steven Howard- 4 catches 157 yards 90 long​
    WR TJ Graham- 6 catches 112 yards 3td 51 long​
    QB Russell Wilson- 23/31 409yards 3td 1int 25 rushing yards

13. titangator

titangator Walk On

good stuff and cognrats man! congrats to mr wilson..