Bowl Week

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by RaveDown, Dec 8, 2009.

1. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Bowl Week

We are at bowl week 2, since nobody had any games in week 1. Everyone has their bowl game this week minus me. All the games are versus the AI. In the conference championship week it had South Carolina vs Virginia and Texas Tech vs Arkansas which would have been pretty cool since I don't think any of these teams have met up before. I thought at least Tech vs Ark would hold up. But I should have figured it would get shifted around because it had me and Eagles playing in the NC game even though that would not have happened.

Knigh, we are rolling as is. I've posted threads in the Locker Room and sent out PMs and no vets have wanted to join up. With the game already been out for 5 months, most people are already in as many OD as they can be.

For me personally, I could give a rat's ass if people save the dynasty offline to see what the recruits ratings are. If a guy runs a 4.40 you know exactly what speed he is coming in, your not gonna sign him and end up with a guy who runs 4.45. If a guy has a B+ rating it means it will be in the high 80s, B- low 80s. This not real life where you don't know exactly what you are gettting. You know EXACTLY what you are getting in NCAA

My point is that it's not cheating (at least to me) if someone has to save the dynasty offline to find out what a recruit is rated. To me it just means they're a moron who can't figure how the letter ratings translate to number ratings or they are a OVR rating whore. I don't care about a player's OVR rating, I'm looking for certain attributes.

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Will get my game in tonight for sure, will be no problem.

Duke in a bowl...FINALLY!

3. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

i'm workin a 24 today so i'll play 1st thing tomorrow morning when i get out.

4. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

change in plans, i got overtime today til 8pm Eastern. I'll try to knock my stuff out asap when i get home

5. Jman

Yea, I'm having issues as well. I'm part of an AT&T "group ticket" with my internet...mass outtage basically. Should be rectified by tonight...I hope.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

For those of you who do not know I took over Auburn last night. I took it on the chin in my first game last night. Hadn't played Heisman in a while gave up 48 unanswered points in the 1ST HALF. Shut them out and scored 20 in the 2nd half. Just trying to get used to my team. We have a lot of work to do. I usually run Notre Dame's offense but went with LSU last night because of my mobile QB. I am going back to Notre Dames O after that debacle. I run a 3-4 Defense.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

We play on AA correct?

8. Jman

WILL be playing in about an hour...I HAVE INTERNET AGAIN! YAY! lol

Its just sad, I know.

9. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

So it is ok for me to save it offline and check out everybodys recruiting boards every week?

10. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

No, what I was saying is that I don't care if someone saves it offline to see what the recruits ratings are.

As everyone knows, there is NO way to tell if someone is doing what you said. If someone wants to do it, they can and get away with it. Also they gain no advantage if they do it. If I'm competing with someone for a recruit, they'll be able to tell if I really want him or not by watching my interest bar every week on that certain recruit.

The only thing that is cheating in my book in which someon can gain an advantage is double visiting.

11. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

What your saying pretty much goes against everything this website stands for. People should not be looking at others recruiting boards and it should be agreed on that it is not happening. "Simming ahead" to see what a recruit is rated is bush league to. The fact that people actually thinks that it not cheese blows my mind.

12. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm with Eagles here. In general, it's pretty easy to get an idea on what guys will be rated by their recruiting grades. There ARE ways to 'cheat' by simming ahead as some leagues discovered in last year's game. The only reason I could see MAYBE simming ahead is at the very end of the season before bowl games just to see what bowl you will be playing in (which seemed to be the case here). But IMO you should in no way be peeking at anything that has to do with recruiting offline. Obviously there aren't many ways to check, but we should be on scouts honor not to do so.

13. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Sorry I have not got my game in yet, I have been packed the lasxt couple days.. Ill be done today.

14. Jman

Duke finally finishes with a winning record! 7-6 is better than 5-7!

Pretty much dominated FAU...even got my 1st two safties in this years game.

On a future note, Rave I demand Central Michigan as an OOC game next year if at all possible...I know they are a MAC school but I want payback on Renfree for transferring out! :mad:

15. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

I agree 100% with Eagles here. Absolutely no reason to sim ahead. It's just askin for trouble and opens a door for a whole slew of things. Just no reason to do it.

TTU wins the cotton bowl on a final second field goal to go up 23-20. Wow Bama has a good team and i have no idea how they had as many losses as they did. Perhaps they were scheduled too many user games? tough game but TTU pulled it off.