Bowl Week

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 23, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Can someone post the dynasty wire?

2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Welcome to Bowl Season!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (5-7) ===============

=============== #15 Idaho Vandals (11-2) ===============
    Last week, Idaho lost 54-51 against Army (13-0).
    #11 Idaho will face Troy in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl.

=============== #19 Kent State Golden Flashes (10-2) ===============
    #19 Kent State will face Houston in the Hawaii Bowl.

=============== #21 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (8-4) ===============
    #21 Western Kentucky will face Florida State in the St Petersburg Bowl.

=============== UAB Blazers (4-8) ===============

=============== #2 Army Black Knights (13-0) ===============
    Last week, Army won 54-51 against Idaho (11-2).
    #3 Army will face #1 Texas in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #11 Western Michigan Broncos (10-2) ===============
    #12 Western Michigan will face Colorado State in the Armed Forces Bowl.

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (8-4) ===============
    Arkansas State will face Fresno State in the Emerald Bowl.

=============== #13 Utah State Aggies (9-3) ===============
    #13 Utah State will face #25 UTEP in the New Orleans Bowl.

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (6-6) ===============
    UL Monroe will face Virginia in the Music City Bowl.

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (3-9) ===============

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (5-7) ===============
    UL Lafayette will face #16 Utah in the Poinsettia Bowl.

3. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

holy shit how'd I make a bowl?

4. DirtycashDylan

I'm playing 5-7 FSU

5. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army Wins Conference Championship
    Chance to Play in NCG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This game looked to be a defensive showdown as each team held the other to only a field goal apiece in the first quarter. In H4Y fashion though the game took different form in the second half and we saw both teams eclipse the 50 point marks. After starting the second quarter 3-3 Army came out and moved the ball much better scoring twice in the quarter and holding Idaho to another field goal. Army's second TD of the quarter came on a 40 yard strike from QB Barri Brunnetti to WR Richard Carr who got behind the Cover 0 and ran under the pass.​
    Idaho's only mistake on offense came in this half as Idaho's Heisman candidate QB Brian Sixmore was picked which helped Army start the scoring. Army lead 17-6 at half.​
    Idaho came out and moved the ball extremely well and played stingy D. This lead to 2 quick TD's for Idaho who regained the lead 20-17 in the 3rd. Army RB Brady Earnhardt answered one of his many calls in the 3rd by going 43 yards for the score to regain the lead 24-20 in the 3rd.​
    In the 4th we saw another slew of points as the teams battled back and forth. Army scored again on and Earnhardt run as he pushed the pile and got lost in the mix and came out to find the endzone from 40 yards out.​
    Later in the see saw match Brunetti connected with speedy wideout Jason Merritt on another Cover 0 to retake the lead with 2:37 left in the game.​
    This left too much time on the clock for Idaho who easily came down and scored, punching the ball in with the FB Reese with 1:02 left to give the Vandals a 41-38 lead. Army again had blown a lead and with their backs against the wall and a minute left began to drive down the field. Army got within fieldgoal range and Kicker Eric Fontenont calmly drilled an iced 37 yd attempt as time expired to take the game to overtime.​
    In the 3rd overtime Army played Defense first and played D strong. They held Idaho to their 3rd field goal of the game and had a chance to score to win the game. Army faced a 3rd & 4 early in that possession but found the first down marker on the back of Earnhardt once again. Shortly thereafter the called Earnhardts number again this time as he raced in for the TD to win the game in OT.​
    Army once again blew a lead late, had to come back from behind, and somehow found a way to pull the win out again. "I'm very proud of this team and our guys. To come out here and have a year like this, going undefeated and winning this conference against all these great coaches after having a 1-11 year like we did last year says a lot. I want to think Army's administration for sticking with me giving me a chance to show I can get it done." Said Army's Coach Hammons after the game. "Idaho is a well coached team and their QB WILL be playing on Sundays. We're just happy to get out of here with a win today."​
    Stat Leaders:​
    Passing​
    Army B Brunetti 21-29 323 3TD 0INT​
    Idaho B Sixmore 22-33 363 2TD 1INT​
    Rushing​
    Army B Earnhardt 21 Carry 179YDS 4TD​
    Idaho S Calhoun 15 Carry 100YDS 0TD​
    Receiving​
    Army J Merritt 3 Catches 109YDS 2TD​
    Idaho C Reid 8 Catches 181YDS 1TD​
    Defense​
    Army P Sherman 9TKL​
    Idaho A Allen 5TKL​

6. DirtycashDylan

Let's try and get these bowls in tonight! Its a 24 hour advance but I'd be happy to adv sooner.

7. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army does the unthinkable and knocks off Texas 31-24 for the NC. Two big second half force fumbles helped Army claw their way back into the game. I'll do a better writeup in the AM. Thats my 3rd dynasty game in a row tonight and im hitting the hay.

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Wow Army won the NC...wasn't this supposed to be a "sim" league?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Idaho beats Troy 45-16 in the Autozone Liberty Bowl. Ho hum game. Their no huddle was annoying and it was a close game for a while. They fumbled the opening kickoff so that gave me a leg up and they never did take the lead. Ran 27 times and threw 26 for 500 yards total offense. They were able to move the ball, just not near the goalline. Vandals finish as CUSA West Champions with a 12-2 overall record.

10. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I think someones calling for a bump up to Heisman next season.

11. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Are you trying to somehow insinuate that I'm not a sim player or that I don't play sim?

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

He's saying you're a bitch...

13. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'm up 48-13 at the end of 3rd but had to go into work for a 1/2 day(FML). If the g/f kills the Xbox I'll kill her.

14. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Haters gonna Hate

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Haha no it was a joke

but in all reality, we should probably change some sliders or difficulty if a C+ Army team is winning NCs over Texas

16. xtreme snoopy

my xbox is having issues with my bowl game... hopefully it lets me finish one here soon

17. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I actually agree. I wouldn't be opposed to a bump to default heisman. I wasn't able to run the ball like I usually do and my starting QB was knocked out of the game at halftime. No way we shoulda won but we were somehow able to still move the ball.
    I also think on default heisman the big thing we would see is teams no longer going undefeated in their OOC games. Plus in user games the defenses would play smarter and some of those throws that should be picks would be picks (against users and cpu).

18. xtreme snoopy

ULL - 14
    Utah - 47

BULLSHIT GAME

After freezing 3 times, all of which i was easily winning, I finally get a game when lo and behold something happened where it was just impossible for me to win. my qb went 10-31 2 TDs 6 INTs. 3 wide open plays that would have gone for TDs were flat out dropped (with conservative catching) another where my #2 Wr was streaking open on the sidelines, my qb puts it on the money for about the first time ever and the reciever doesnt even turn around and it hits him in the head. Tried bringing in my backup whos got a better arm and he goes 0-5. I stopped them twice from about 12 yards from a first down only to have the computer tackler commit a facemask penalty to extend the drive. Their kicker actually made all but 1 of their fg's which i have almost never seen. My Kick returner fumbled it just going down on a tackle. My qb fumbled it after a simple tackle from behind. I'd bring 6-7 guys and never even approached the amount of pressure their 3 lineman rush brought. My qb completed more balls to their SS than any of my recievers. Fuck this season

19. DirtycashDylan

Conference championships are really just as good as national championships in here (don't tell Nik that). The truth is, Army had a ridiculous QB and that's why he won it. If we up to Heisman, there'll be no end to the bitching because the CPU cheats on Heisman. To not have a user national champion til year 5 is pretty sim, Army or not.

20. DirtycashDylan

You thought your schedule was too tough as it was. Still, if you guys want to make a suggestion I'll be open to it and we can have a vote.

21. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

It doesnt matter to me I just don't want someone thinking I did this the wrong way. I won't be shit next year because I lose my QB who was my catalyst this year.

22. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Plus its pretty unusual for someone to make it out of our conference unscathed in reality.

23. xtreme snoopy

would we be able to set the difficulty to heisman just for the NC? or maybe just do it for all bowls, make a bowl mean something

24. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I think that's actually a good idea...Make our bowl games a challenge

25. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Defeated UTEP in the New Orleans Bowl 48-20. UTEP pretty much dominated the game, but they turned it over 6 times. UTEP's first 3 drives were all turnovers returned for TDs for Utah State. It was 21-0 and i hadn't even snapped the ball yet on offense. Linebacker Timi Robinson returned interceptions for 60+ yd TDs.