Bowl weeks, new schools, off season, create a player

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Dec 31, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Bowl weeks, new schools, off season, create a player

We need to get all of this figured out soon..

We will be advancing to the Season 5 off season sometime before the 7th.

Things I need to know, and you can just copy and paste this with your answers...

1. If you are planning on changing schools (Riptides, Max, 1ke, Jman, York, Troy, and Nati)
    - I'd like to know in the next couple days.

2. Should we do the off season all in one night again? It's been taking quite a while, but it's good to get it out of the way. Things went a lot faster when most of us were in the chatroom. The last game of this season will be played the night of the 5th (Monday) or the 6th. If we did it all in one night it'd have to be the 6th, 7th, or 9th (Saturday).

3. Do we want to create a player or no? What range should they be? 4 or 5 star, overall, position?

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

1. If you are planning on changing schools (Riptides, Max, 1ke, Jman, York, Troy, and Nati)

Leaving..

2. Should we do the off season all in one night again? It's been taking quite a while, but it's good to get it out of the way. Things went a lot faster when most of us were in the chatroom. The last game of this season will be played the night of the 5th (Monday) or the 6th. If we did it all in one night it'd have to be the 6th, 7th, or 9th (Saturday).

Im down to do it all in one night again. I know I missed most of it last time, but ill try really hard to make it this go-round. but hey... I'll tell you right now im not doin sheet the day/night of the National Championship... HOOK 'EM!!!

3. Do we want to create a player or no? What range should they be? 4 or 5 star, overall, position?

I do! I dont really care what we make him.

Edit: lol my bad Murk

3. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

I think we should do the off-season all in one night,imo its faster than spreading it out.

4. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

1) Fuck no, I won't go! Shavodrick will be back so I'll be back for one more go round.

2) One night.

3) I have absolutely no preference. I only have one scholly left, so, I most likely would not be pursuing him.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Just let me know if you are leaving or not, you wouldn't want someone to steal your pick lol..

Then once we've got all of that figured out we can start picking teams..

Here is the order..

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    User School School's Prestige New School's Prestige 1. Conference Titles Won 2. Win/Loss Record (%) 3. User vs User Record (%)
    [str]Ike[/str] USM 6 stars* 4 stars* 2 .870 .714
    Riptides Ball 5 stars* 3 star* 1 .804 .500
    [str]Nati[/str] UCF 5 stars* 3 stars* 1 .800 .529
    Max Rice 5 stars* 3 star* 1 .774 .619
    [str]Jman[/str] Tulsa 5 stars* 3 star* 0 .740 .500
    York Hous 5 stars* 2 star* 0 .673 .222
    Troy ECU 4 stars* 2 star* 0 .540 .200

* means subject to change
    Red = leaving, Strike = staying
    win/loss % are current

6. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Murk you know Im staying....

One night...

I say we make a kicker and his name be Berry Gay. Thats the only way I would endorse a created player!

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Okay, Nati just said he is staying..

Rip? You'd have first pick now..

what about troy and mcyork?

Max has selected Texas Tech unless Rip wants them..

So now we have a team in the Big 12, PAC 10, and Big Ten..

try to pick from those if you can..

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

1. It depends on what everyone else does. I told you my plan earlier and I'm sticking with it.

2. All in one night for sure, however, could we maybe work on starting a little earlier? I wake up early on weekdays and doing this until 1 in the morning is a major pain in the ass...

3. I could care less. I vote with the majority.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm on drugs right now, lol. I don't remember.

USM and UCF are staying put..

Are you planning on waiting to see who other people pick?

We're just waiting to here from rip and york really...and I think york is staying, but I'm not sure..

10. BDSDIGITAL

Yea that's right...my bad.

1. Yes. There is a job that I really want and if it's there I'm taking it. I'd say with the way everything has shaken out, 80% chance I'm gone..but I'll know for sure after Riptides picks.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We could have a good thing going with the PAC 10, Big Ten, and Big 12...

PAC 10 and Big Ten will get the chance to play in the Rose Bowl, and the Big 12 has a conference championship set up...should be fun..

If Max is taking Texas Tech from the South, then there would be Colorado and Iowa State open in the North, and Baylor in the South.

It also looks like Indiana, Arizona, and Stanford are open in the Big Ten and PAC 10.

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I took it offline again, and with a bowl win for Ball State and ECU your guys' prestige stays the same. So Ball State will most likely be a 5 star and ECU a 4 star.

I figure both of you are looking into the PAC 10 (I know ECU is)..

here are the teams..

Washington (3 star), rivals - washington state, oregon
    Arizona (2 star), rivals - arizona state
    Stanford (1 star), rivals - cal, notre dame
    Washington State (1 star), rivals - washington, idaho

While UCLA will be a 4 star..

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

edit....

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Like I said on LIVE york, it's Rip's turn first..

We've got three people leaving (Rip, york, troy)..in that order..

Once we here from Riptides you can work out who you want..
    Also keep in mind the scenario we talked about with the Big 12..

15. BDSDIGITAL

When can we expect a decision out of RIP?

16. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

York should probably edit that lol

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

No clue, I asked him to post it on here whenever he could..

york, I edited for you...didn't realize you were on...If you do end up there I'll bring it back and 1ke can do his thing in the Coaching Carousel thread

18. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Coach York has announced he is stepping down as the head coach of the Houston Cougars. He told the schools athletic director that he will be moving on after the bowl game and that his coaching career would continue just not in Houston. It seems that there have been rumblings out of a couple of schools that are on the phone trying to lock up the services of this head coach. Coach York has released this statement. "I have had a great run here at the University of Houston and it has been a pleasure we have built something special but for me to advance I feel like I have to move on to a bigger conference." Asked about his coaching rival at Rice Coach Max and his decision to move on to Lubbock and the recent opening at Colorado Coach York had this to say.
    "Yeah Coach and I have had a good little rivalry here in Houston although it has been a one sided as of late I do look forward to the matchup and it would be a shame if we couldn't continue it.....Colorado has contacted me and their is mutual interest but I am keeping my options open. My agent has talked both UC, South Carolina, MSU, Arizona, and Stanford. We will sit down over the New Year and make a decision."

19. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

If I was going to one of those 3 conferences (Pac 10, Big 10 or Big 12) then I would probably go to Texas Tech but if Max really wants them I'm going to a totally different conference. I'll look out there tonight. I know for sure I"m not going Big 10 and most likely not Pac 10.

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You've got first pick. You can have whoever you want.

Just let us know, we're getting ancy!

21. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Max may have chosen Texas Tech.....But its not official that Texas Tech has chosen Max......Ya dig?

22. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

The fall out would be huge

23. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey if we all pick tonight can I change the guys that have played their bowl games and are moving on before week 3 in the bowl games?

24. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Well, atleast we know one thing...

We're gonna have 3 in the MAC East, 0 in the West
    2 in the C USA East, 1 in the West (Tulsa, could a conference championship be his last year?)
    Probably have 2 or 3 in the PAC 10, 2 in the Big 12, and possibly 2 in the Big Ten..

25. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Do I take it offline and advance past the bowl weeks or pick as is when I take it offline.

We don't know what the real results of bowl weeks will do to teams stars do we?