BOWL WEEKS! Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

BOWL WEEKS! Season 2

Bowl Week One!

Colorado (6-6) VS Marshal (7-5) in the St. Petersburg Bowl

Experts Take: Shmeezil's Colorado team has frustrated him all year, but, he managed to bounce back from 4-5 to 6-6 and get a bowl nod at the end. Marshal is not good and they play in the lowly CUSA, Shmeezil is representing a power conference...he should pull through and be thrilled to get to next year.

Prediction: CU 24 - Marshall 21

Actual Result: Colorado 31- Marshall 21

Bowl Week Two!

#10 Oklahoma (9-2) VS Tennessee (8-5) in the Cotton Bowl

Experts Take: Oklahoma managed 2-2 in user game this year and cracked the top 10 at the end despite being screwed and only having 11 regular season game (who is the dipshit that did schedules again?). Tennesse struggled under a crappy head coach and should pay the price for ever firing Phil Fulmer.

Prediction: OU 54 - Tennessee 21

Actual Result: OU 45- Tennessee 21

#11 Texas A&M (9-3) VS #23 Cal (9-3) in the Holiday Bowl

Experts Take: A&M had a pretty consistent season and fared decent in user games on the year under their 2nd year HC. Cal is a tough nut to crack with alot of speed...alot. This one could put A&M in the top 10 come the end of things so there is plenty on the line.

Prediction: A&M 38 - Cal 35

Actual Result: A&M 31 - Cal 10

#9 North Carolina (10-2) VS #25 Notre Dame (8-4) in the Gator Bowl

Experts Take: Carolina is too much of a machine here. Notre Dame will once again be exposed as the prima-donna's that they are. Carolina BIG in this one to secure a top 10 and start salivating over next season.

Prediction: UNC 55 - Notre Dame 10

Actual Result: UNC 54 - Notre Dame 13

#14 NC State (8-4) VS North Texas (7-5) in the Meineke Car Care Bowl

Experts Take: Yawn fest. NC State may have had a rough start to the year but Papa should have put the rest of the ACC on notice as to what will be coming down the pipe in future seasons once his talent is all in place. This one isn't even fair. NC State beats NT like they are a kid with no thumbs...or however the hell it goes lol.

Prediction: NC ST 123 - North Texas 7

Actual Result: NCST 42 - North Texas 49

#15 Nebraska (8-4) VS Michigan State (7-5) in the Alamo Bowl

Experts Take: Dakota witnessed first hand how quickly high hopes can vanish in the Big XII as he went from top of the world to middle of the pack in a swing of 3 games. That should give him all of the motivation in the world to whoop up on a Big 10 school. Good game early, but Big Red rolls in the end.

Prediction: Nebraska 35 - Michigan State 24

Actual Result: Nebraska 48 - Michigan State 20

#4 Mizzou (12-1) VS #7 LSU (9-3) in the Fiesta Bowl

Experts Take: Close but so far away was the name of the game for the Tigers after the Big XII championship. After a remarkable second season they just couldn't knock of the bright orange jack'o'lantern that is Oklahoma State. Mizzou comes in overlooking the Bayou Bengals a bit and it goes down to the wire.

Prediction: Mizzou 36 - LSU 35 in OT

Actual Result: Mizzou 51 - LSU 38

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

#1 Oklahoma State (13-0) VS #2 Florida State (12-1) in the BCS Championship Game

Experts Take: This is one of those you wish thedamn game had spectator mode for. The best versus the best, the brawl for it all. FSU has bee clicking since their early loss while OSU's closest game was their 3 point win over rival Oklahoma. This one will be fun, no doubt about it.

Prediction: Oklahoma State 24 - Florida State 28

Actual Result: FSU 48 - Oklahoma State 21

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

If she checks your Internet History and traces back to this post you are gonna get your ass whooped lol (That actually happened to a buddy of mine)

3. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

From Week 1, to this point we have taken 34 days.....

I think were actually moving fairly quickly, we should be able to finish this season off in under 40 days.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

15 weeks in 34 days. 2 days per advance? Pretty good. We're gonna catch one of the other leagues I'm in...lol.

5. Jman

I'm not saying it isn't good time, because it definitely is.

My whole sticking point is the fact that it could have and should have been even faster if not for a couple of instances of tracking people down.

The biggest thing is that while moving fast is great, PARTICIPATION by EVERYONE as a whole is what really make a dynasty a blast to be in...and there's the whole factoid that active participation is REQUIRED to be in Tradition as a whole.

We've got a solid core who are devoted to that, but some...not so much.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

yeah yeah...

So is FSU in the national championship or what?

7. Jman

I'll get 'em all typed up tomorrow.

But the short answer Murk is.....

Yes.

8. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

What happened to miami?

9. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

also we should try to pick up a few players before the preseason

10. Jman

SPatin never made contact with anyone, wasn't the first time. We've moved on.

This was all addressed in the conf. champ. thread, take a peek.

I will be adding players, but they will not come in until AFTER the offseason.

11. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Sounds good man, get that game in Shmezil :)

12. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

I'll get it in tomorrow afternoon.

13. Jman

First page is updated and...

WE ARE IN BOWL WEEK 2!!
    TUESDAY EVENING DEADLINE! 9PM CENTRAL!

Shmeezil I'm looking forward to a run down of the game! You had a nice bounce bac at the end of the year, way to hang in there!

14. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Missouri Wins the Fiesta Bowl

After coming off a tough first loss of the season to the undefeated Oklahoma State team Mizzou rebounded strong. Scoring 21 points quickly into the game. With Derrick Washington out for the game Missouri decided to go to the passing game. Gabbert Completed 21 of 31 for 253 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT resulting in being the player of the game.

With a huge lead going into the 4th Missouri decided to put some of the backups giving Senior RB Moye playtime as his last game with Missouri. Although it was one he would like to forget. He fumbled on back to back drives resulting in 2 long fumbled recovery TDs making the game seem closer than it was.

Final Score Missouri 51 LSU 38

Box Score
    1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH FINAL
    LSU 3 14 0 21 38
    MIZ 21 14 10 6 51

Team Stats
    LSU MIZ
    Score 38 51
    First Downs 19 18
    Total Offence 440 350
    Rushing Yards 130 97
    Passing Yards 310 253
    Turnovers 2 3
    Fumbles 2 2
    Intercepted 0 1

15. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

2010 ends with a win!

Colorado caps off disappointing season with victory over Marshall

Colorado overcame a sluggish start, coming back from an early 14-0 defecit, to beat Marshall 31-21 in the St. Petersburg Bowl.

The play of the game came in the 3rd quarter with the game tied at 14. Junior QB Tyler Hansen ran untouched for about 23.5 yards and then had a showdown at the goaline. Take a look.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Is8mIsH0tXA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Is8mIsH0tXA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

CU never lost momentum after that, scoring 31 unanswered points until Marshall scored late in the 4th.

It's good to win your last game and I'm now 2-0 in bowls. However, this season was a letdown. I really expected to battle for the North. Lost a few user games (Wellar's Mizzou team is the best I've faced so far) and a few unnecessary cpu games. Although I'll be losing a few key players (LT Nate Solder 94 ovr, DE Marquez Herrod 92 ovr, CB Jimmy Smith 89 ovr, WR Scotty McKnight 89 ovr) I think we'll be better next year. This years recruiting class, currently #10, has me excited for the future.

16. dakota7

Nice run by Hansen. I like those goaline animations

17. wader49

wader49 Walk On

Aggies pass rush dominates Cal to a 35-10 victory in the Holiday Bowl

Texas A&M ends their season with a big win, leaving seniors with a happy moment to end their college career. Studs Jerrod Johnson and Von Miller both played their last game, and boy did they make the most of it. Jerrod was in control for the entire game, shredding the Golden Bear defence with his dual threat ability. And Von on the other hand had one of his best games of his career, helping the Aggie pass rush get 7 sacks on the day and forcing a bunch of long conversion attempts in the second half as TAMU pulled away.

Texas got off to a slow start in the game, and with 4 mins left in the first half were down 7-0 due to a nice Jahvid Best run. That didnt last long. A&M immediately answered with a nice drive finished by Johnson on an option run. With the coaching staff in a good mood, the next drive was finished off by Senior FB Adam Vela on a 1 yard plunge. They never looked back after that. The second half had a Travis Fuller TD rec, another Adam Vela run, and a huge pick 6 by stud safety Travis Hunter for 69 yards in the 4th quarter.

"Its just a huge win for our program to get to 10 wins on the season and send our seniors out with the win. They were great players for our programs and their legends will never be forgotten at Kyle Field. We feel we can still improve and a BCS bowl bid is definately in our future." Coach Wader

Stats:
    QB Johnson 14-25, 202 pass yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 35 rush yards, 1 TD
    FB Adam Vela 7 car, 18 yards, 2 TD
    RB Christine Michael 13 car, 64 yards
    WR Nwachukwu 4 rec, 43 yards
    WR Fuller 2 rec, 36 yards, 1 TD
    DE Von Miller 8 TKL, 3 SCK
    S Hunter 4 TKL, 1 INT, 1 TD

18. dakota7

Alamo Bowl

#15 Nebraska 48
    Michigan State 20

The Cornhuskers came out with a very aggressive gameplan, playing this game for the future and hoping to have a little fun in the season finale. QB Cody Green threw for 381 yards and ran for another 85, all while accounting for 5 total touchdowns. The Blackshirts had 6 sacks and forced 1 interception. The Blackshirt held the Spartans to 258 yards of total offense in the win.

19. Jman

Sweet fellas!

Oklahoma dominated Tennessee 45-21.

I'll do my full write up tomorrow but I will say that it was 45-0 with starters in and 0-21 with second stringers in lol.

20. Papa Perry

I'll have my game done tomorrow and for the love of all the is holy could you change that big ass font on the first post it's f'n annoying :D

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol45678

22. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

north carolina defeated notre dame. I'll get a full write tonight.

23. Papa Perry

Since I'm the only one left I will go out of my way to get this bitch in tonight. And the thank yous should start right about...

24. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

If it gets advanced tonight Murk, I can play after 8 eastern until 10:30 eastern.

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

The TT IV off season is tonight around 10 or 10:30 EST start.

So, a 8 o clock start would be best for me if you can do that.