Bowl Weeks - Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Feb 9, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Bowl Weeks - Season 5

Week 1 - Hard Advance for Thursday/Friday
    Outback Bowl - Ole Miss vs #15 Purdue
    Rose Bowl - #5 Bowling Green vs #10 Arizona
    Sugar Bowl - #4 Auburn vs #7 Tulsa
    Cotton Bowl - Alabama vs #19 Colorado
    Fiesta Bowl - #3 Texas Tech vs #14 Cincinnati
    Orange Bowl - #9 Florida State vs #6 UCLA
    GMAC Bowl - #11 Kent State vs Rice

National Championship -
    #2 Michigan 11-1 (7-1) vs #1 Southern Miss 13-0 (9-0)

LETS GET IT ON!!

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

2 user vs. user BCS Bowls... Nice...

Done before, but here goes.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8hdbns1Xdk0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8hdbns1Xdk0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

3. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Who won the awards?

Oh, and what was the National Championship matchup again?

4. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I'm just shocked I got an At-Large bid. Really was not planning on that at all.

5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

My RB got the Doak Walker. Not sure how, as his stats weren't that great. As for the Championship game, it's a yawner. Nobody cares about it this season. :cool:

6. Jman

Holy shit.

#7 Tulsa beats #4 Auburn 13-10 in OT to win the Sugar Bowl and finish 12-2 with only losses coming to the soon to be NC's.

I'll post a FULL writeup tomorrow with vids and pics...but I will say this.

2 successful iced kicks in the game (1 to 1).

Failed 4th downs in regulation by both on fakes.

A 4 and out in OT inside the 5.

A holy shit or 50...my wife is seriously pissed with all the yelling I've done.

Oh, and I'm not going anywhere.

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I just played the fastest team ever and had the inevitable pulled on me. Lost 32-26 because their defense was running my routes for me, as well as hitting the holes I was going to hit before I even got the handoff. No blocking, piss poor tackling, and a controller I almost broke. I hate this game.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

See Purdue vs Ohio State week.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I lost :)

What a great year!

10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I need York to put Ravedown on Auto Pilot so I can play the Rose Bowl. He told me last night he's done playing as BG and has no interest in playing it.

11. Jman

Haha, well thats really cheerful of him.

12. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

thats fn piss poor as far as Im concerned. play the fn game but for bragging rights

13. BDSDIGITAL

I dunno, to each their own I guess. I'll take the win if he doesn't want to play. Doesn't much matter to me either way.

14. Jman

Cannot blame you there one bit, but, I'm with York, thats pretty crappy IMHO.

(P.S. and O.T. Are we to renew our rivalry in the upcoming season my friend?)

15. BDSDIGITAL

I guess that's up to those that do the scheduling...but I'm open to playing anyone. I think we'll need to figure out who's going to what conferences so Murk err...swag can figure out how many user games everyone needs etc. But sure if you want to. My team isn't going to be very good at all. I'm expecting my big recruiting hike in two years with the BCS game under my belt.

Edit: and as far as the rose bowl goes, I'll keep my opinion to myself. I think everyone here has heard enough of my opinions over the last 7 months ;)

16. Jman

I feel ya. I'm going to be the stick in the mud as far as scheduling goes since I'm not going anywhere for at least one more year so I've started pesstering people now haha. I'm just having entirely too much fun with Tulsa to leave and that my key objective right now, keeping it fun, ya know?

You needn't worry though if we do by chance play, my team is going to be down, this was "the year", I graduate 6 90+ players and I'm pretty sure another is leaving early so...I'm screwed lol.

17. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

J I want a trip to Tulsa you escaped Boulder with a win this year and I want some revenge.

18. Jman

That ones a given my friend. I wouldn't pass up the fun ass games we always seem to have for anything.

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Texas Tech Bringing Home the Hardware:

Team Awards:
    -Big 12 Championship
    -Fiesta Bowl Champs (vs. Cincy 55-0)

Individual Awards:

True Freshman WR Cheech Charles
    -Heisman Memorial Trophy
    -WR of the Year Award

Redshirt Junior QB Kellen Harris
    -Maxwell Award
    -Davey O'Brien

Texas Tech All-Americans
    1st Team:
    QB K. Harris
    WR C. Charles
    RE S. Fenton
    DT P. Graves
    DT J. Thompson

2nd Team:
    SS J. Johnson

Freshman:
    SS J. J. Jameson

I'd say it was a good 1st year at Tech for Coach Max. Im really looking forward to next season! Tech is going to have a full compliment of receivers, and either a stud (RS)Senior at QB, or a stud true freshman at QB. Either way I cant wait!!!

Ill play you next season Jman. Actually, I'll play anyone next season. Maybe start a couple of home-and-homes or something. Oh yea, Tech shuts out Cincy 55-0. Next season I want a highly ranked and really good CPU OOC game @ their place. Would love if the CPU could at least give me a scare haha.

20. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Do I play this week or after Troy plays?

21. BDSDIGITAL

I think I'm the last to play. I can get my game in tonight if York sets it up before about 10 or if ravedown decides he wants to play tonight

22. Jman

How sweet it is!
    Tulsa Gets 13-10 OT Win in Sugar Bowl!
    [​IMG]
    The Tulsa "D" Secured the Game With an OT Goal Line 4 and Out

Tulsa (AP) - The Tulsa football program has never won 12 games and they had never even dreamed of competing in, let alone winning, a BCS bowl...until now. In what was a shocking defensive battle Coach Jman remained undefeated in bowl games and has secured his team a BCS bowl win in the Sugar Bowl as well as a Top 5 finish. Most unique about this is the fact that the senior class was Coach Jman's first group of recruits after he took over halfway through the first season and managed to salvage Tulsa form a 2-5 record to finish 6-6. This is the group that wanted better, and now they got it, you cannot say this class was a bust any longer.

This was a game that had it all, turnovers by both teams, kickers being froze at the end of both halves (one that would've given Tulsa the win in regulation), and even a failed fake FG by Auburn and failed fake punt by Tulsa. It was an entertaining day to say the least as both offenses stayed close in all production categories (see below) and both defenses were just stubborn enough for it to end 10-10 in regulation.

Offensively the Golden Hurricane did just enough as Jason Horner managed their only score on his 66 yards rushing and led receiving with 34 yards on 5 catches while, in his last game, Shavodrick Beaver had an up and down time accumulating only 90 yards and 2 picks but used his legs late to get the Hurricane into overtime as he had 34 yards rushing himself.

Defensively it was a physical performance by the Hurricane as they actually knocked 2 Auburn runningbacks and a receiver out of the game for a period of time. This tone was set early as Tulsa held nothing back and successfully held early by a CB blitz by SR Oklahoma Justin Skillens and continued with physical showings by SR OLB Glen Jones with 2 TFL's and SR DE's Jason Parker and Johnathan Coker combining for 9 Tackles with 6 TFL's and 1 sack while SR FS and All-American David Chambers had 5 tackles of his own and a late interception that gave Tulsa a chance to tie it all back up. The D was led however by SO All-American MLB Zach Rutledge once again as he definitely upped his NFL stock with his 11 bone jarring tackles on the day.

The thing that won the game though was a 4 and out by the Tulsa Defense that started on their own 3 yard line in the first possession of OT by Auburn. After a 2 yard gain on the first play the Tulsa D bowed its neck and held Auburn out from the 1 yard line three consecutive times as Rutledge and company refused to let down. On a 4th and 1 Auburn shockingly decided all or nothing and instead of kicking a FG chip shot for 3 points, they ran a QB Sneak and got nothing. Video is below.

1st and Goal from the 3
    [YOUTUBE]eqPRkp24L2g[/YOUTUBE]

2nd and Goal from the 1
    [YOUTUBE]Ycd_vBF0HL8[/YOUTUBE]

3rd and Goal from the 1
    [YOUTUBE]_OI77oXlgP8[/YOUTUBE]

4th and Goal from the 1
    [YOUTUBE]w33YFlySU5s[/YOUTUBE]

Once Tulsa got possession after this stand Coach Jman wasted no time and didn't risk turnover as he handed the ball once to Horner to move to the 22 yard line and then kicked the game winner straight down the pipe as a stunned Auburn and rest of the nation could only watch.

After the game, a clearly emotional Coach Jman dedicated this one to the University, the state, and the athletes by saying, "This is just a whirlwind, we've played in and won some big games and cost some people title shots and we've lost big games giving the title shots, but this is the biggest win in this fine school's history. These kids showed so much class, 12 of these guys have started 4 years for me and 10 of those are in-state guys, that's unheard of, they've won over 40 games in their time here and set a new standard and expectation for the school, they will be sorely missed next season. This is just huge, just huge."

What next season holds? Who knows. One thing is for certain though, it should be interesting as Coach Jman has officially declined invitations form BCS schools around the nation.

Offensive POTG: Jason Horner
    17 Carries for 66 Yards and 1 TD with 5 catches for 34 yards

Defensive POTG: Seniors
    The 9 seniors on defense that made this possible! They won this game!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT Final
    #7 Tulsa 7 0 0 3 3 13
    #4 Auburn 0 7 3 0 0 10

Key Stats:

Tulsa 289 Yards - Auburn 284 Yards
    Tulsa 2 T/O's - Auburn 1 T/O
    Tulsa 14:42 TOP - Auburn 13:18 TOP

23. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I set up troy to play solo at around 8:40

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

York just advance it asap. Ill play asap from there!

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Uh?

We don't roll like that. Play the game.

You don't put much effort/energy towards the OD as it is, why wouldn't you just play the game. And not play the conference championship.

It surprising to me that you have not posted in this thread yet even though your named is being mentioned.

Why did you take the spot in the OD if you weren't interested in playing with who you're playing with?

Should Rave just be replaced?