Bowl Weeks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Feb 22, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Bowl Weeks

Week 1

No one cares, no games for any users

Week 2

Capital One Bowl - #13 Minnesota (Papa) vs #5 Alabama (Dakota)

Comment: Alabama's loss in SEC Championship knocked them from BCS Championship to a non BCS Bowl. Meanwhile coach Perry is expected to take a dive in this game to make Bama look good.

Independence Bowl - Oklahoma State (FATBOYONADIET) vs. USF

Comment: The Cowboys new coach looks to finish off the season with a win. Next season Cowboys should be contender for Big 12 championship.

Music City Bowl - Tennessee (Masler) vs Clemson

Comment: Coach Masler left midseason but then made a surprise return. He looks to head into next season with a victory.

Gator Bowl - Miami, FL (Marcman) vs. Miami, OH

Comment: Florida beats Ohio 42-30 in battle of Miami. Hurricanes hope to reach greater heights next season.

Motor City Bowl - Penn State (EaglesIrish) vs. Toledo

Comment: Joe Paterno died late in the season and was replaced by Coach Marcman. Paterno is probably rolling over in his grave with the Nittany Lions in the Motor City Bowl.

Liberty Bowl - Michigan (Vredesbyrd) vs. Southern Miss

Comment: Michigan faithful couldn't take Rich Rod any longer and replaced him midseason. The new coach got the Wolverines bowl eligible and they almost pulled off upset against Buckeyes.

Fiesta Bowl - #7 Iowa State (Knight) vs. #9 Maryland

Comment: Cyclones had an amazing season capped off with win in Big 12 Championship against Oklahoma. Iowa State has one challenge left to cap off this amazing run.

Rose Bowl - #3 LSU (Bulgy) vs. #6 Ohio State (Bravejaf)

Comment: LSU has to be upset it got skipped over for National Title game for 3-loss Florida. Meanwhile the Buckeyes are looking to get some revenge against Tigers for a week 2 loss.

Week 3

BCS National Championship Game - #2 Florida (ShortBusStud) vs. Oregon State (GWill)

Comment: Oregon State is the only undefeated team in the country and they are matched in championship with 3-loss Florida. The BCS debacle has fans in Baton Rouge very upset. Florida already holds record for most losses by BCS Championship participant, so winning game would be a huge story.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

Are we officially advanced into the bowls then?

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yes we are in Bowl Week 2. Commish skipped past week 1 since no one played during the first week. All bowl games are playable this week except National Championship. A few players have already played their bowl games.

4. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Where has Papa been at? Been awful quiet lately lol, not like him. Did he change the sliders? I got sacked 9 times in the first half, it was terrible. This was the first halfway decent team I have played so it might be that, but it sure did seem like something was different, could be in my head tho.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

He was on Live earlier and asked me to make post. Not sure where he was headed. I only talked to him for about 5 minutes before he signed off. He didn't say the sliders were changed and I forgot to look. I did however use the sliders he was going to use in a practice game and they didn't cause me many problems on offense. I didn't put up my usual numbers with my C2C Florida team but I still got a good number of points. Of course I also played my practice game against Vandy, not exactly a challenge.

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

He was talking how he was going to use the sliders he was playin around with earlier, but I dunno if he changed them. Papa usually appears offline to stay away from his crazy cousin or a friend that he has...

7. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Yeah, pass blocking is on 0 (ZERO), so is run blocking, and pass rush is on 60/65.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah those are the sliders he was talking about using but I did not know he implemented them. There was a discussion about the sliders in the coaching section of the board. Someone over at ncaastrategies.com determined the pass/run block sliders don't impact the abilities of the lineman, just the distance in which they draw in defenders (suction blocking). I'm by no means an expert on this matter, only played one game using these sliders and did a bit of reading while I was at work.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

i will get my game in after work today

10. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Sorry I've been quiet guys. I did change the sliders and they are supposed to make your lineman's attributes matter more. If no one likes them we can go with something different or tune them a little. I had an accident at work yesterday and messed up a couple of my fingers so I'm gonna be playing the least amount possible. So dakota you may be getting a CPU game unless you really want to play a user in which case i'll play.

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

perry......it really doesn't matter, to be honest. You're leaving minn.....I think......and I'm so disappointed in my SEC champ loss........

Did you change the sliders for the sec champ game? Maybe that would explain a little as to why Florida played so "well".

12. dakota7

oh, and I hope your fingers are okay..........do you still have all of them? what happened?

13. Papa Perry

Nah I didn't change them up for the SEC title game. I got hit with the same stuff you id in my CPU game against Michigan. Not to mention a CPU controlled Florida is a bitch to play CPU games against anyways so I know the feeling.

About my fingers: We had a crate come in off a truck and it was on its side. When we tried to brace it, the 4x4 wasn't under it enough and when I tried to pick it up it was too heavy and I actually pushed it off the brace and I skinned the hide off of the fingertips of my middle and ring finger of my right hand when the crate landed on them. And I actually broke the very tip of my middle finger but that doesn't hurt as bad as not having any skin on my finger tips. One of them was tore so bad that it got to the meat and it had to be sewn. So now I have 8 stitches in my finger. The cool thing is they gave me this gauze thats covered in something like vasoline and something else that will halp it heal and won't stick to the wounds so I've got those to fingers taped together and I'm throwing the super finger left and right lol.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Lol damn. Sounds brutal. Where do you work?

15. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Am I playing CPU/USER?

16. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Michigan gets over .500!!

Beat Southern Miss in the Liberty bowl.
    Next season is an important one in Ann Arbor...

17. Papa Perry

I'm afraid it's gonna be same case as the SEC title game. I'm gonna keep him on AP. IDK if I can put myself on AP but I'll probably go ahead and switch to Clemson and SIM my game. I'm about to make a post about an offseason night.

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Vols send the Clemson Kittens home with a 59-27 beating. What a way to end the season.

19. dakota7

The only good part about that.............worker's comp

20. Papa Perry

Well I'm not gonna miss any work time. Which is actually better because workers comp would have just paid for 40 hours a week where I actually work anywhere from 50-55. I'd rather work through the pain and get that OT

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

If I were you I'd almost rather player a user. These sliders seem a bit harder and Florida knocked off Dakota with the easier sliders.

22. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

How have ya'll done offseason in the past? Do we all try to get on at the same time and breeze through it? I will have all day Saturday until around 6:30pm and most of the day Sunday off.

23. Papa Perry

Last season we tried to do once a day and it took way too long. If we can get to offseason by friday we'll be ok to do offseason one night this weekend

24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

One day is definitely preferred if we can get everyone together. I think we should be able to get to offseason by Friday. Bulgy and I should play tonight and I think other games are already complete. National Championship is human vs CPU so shouldn't take very long, based on Gwill's availability.

25. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

as soon as Papa advances, I'll be on to play my game.