Bowlin' for Roses (Y2)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Sep 8, 2010.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Bowlin' for Roses (Y2)

I want to thank all of you for the fun season we had! We only lost a few guys along the way but I feel we have a good group to keep this going until 2011 comes out.

There are a few things I would like to go over for next season, Year 2. Some things that I saw need to be changed. I am not going to threaten nobody but I just want this league to have a little spice to it.

If anybody wants to change teams please put your requests in now.

Next year, EVERYBODY needs to keep their game summary threads updated. Each week that you play you need to post either a small summary, pictures or videos from the game. You don't have to make a novel but I just want to see that people are making an effort.

THE BIGGEST THING I am asking for next year is that EVERYBODY gets involved with CONTENT! We are going to have a list of things you can do.

Some will do them every week. Some might update twice a season. Depends on the content.

I am no angel and admit that I slacked with content and summaries. I will do my best effort to make sure we have an even better season!

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Sup guys,

Regarding team changes, what teams are available? I really wanted Oregon at first (born and raised a Ducks fan!) but found out that most of the pac-10 teams were taken, which was how I ended up with Air Force. I don't mind continuing to play as Air Force, but would rather play as someone from the Pac-10.

Anyways, let me know what the other options are. Thanks guys!

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I am a die hard Washington State Cougar fan. . .however I've grown a liking to Penn State. I think I might wait until 2011 to take my Cougs. Missing one whole year of recruiting would really set us back in Pullman. . .I don't think I could ever recover from it. That's how bad things are there.

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

yeah man, the cougs are really suffering this year. in fact, they haven't been relevant in ages since perhaps the ryan leaf era? i don't know why the huskies get so much hype as well...they've been pretty mediocre for a long time also

5. controllerabuser

nrg, let's see if any of the Pac-10 guys comment.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Comment: "I aint leaving suckas"

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think NRG has done an excellent addition to the league, with that being said........I could be swayed into going back into the MWC.........possibly

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I'd consider it as well if NRG or Dun wants to do things with the Cougs. Not looking crazy hardcore at getting another Big10 team, but I'd look at something like Minnesota...

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

It hasn't been that long. I went to school there from 2002-2006. During my years we went Sun Bowl, Rose Bowl, Holiday Bowl, then the next year Jerome Harrison (now starting for the Browns) led the NCAA in rushing and finished second or third I think in the Heisman voting.

In 2005 we beat Texas in the Holiday Bowl in really one of the biggest wins in school history considering Texas was ranked in the Top 5 at that point. Our punter, Kyle Basler, had 4 punts inside the 10 yard line that game and won the MVP trophy for that game.....a PUNTER! lmao

It's a long road to recovery. The difference between Coug fans and Husky fans is that Cougs expect to be bad and we take it in stride. The Huskies ARE bad, but they have this complex where they think they are good and better than everybody else at everything. Fuck the Huskies!

Oh and Cimmy. . .let me look at the recruiting class they have in Pullman after the offseason. I might switch ya Penn St for a Pac-10 slot if you'd be up. . .but if they have an awful recruiting class I'm probably going to stay as it's already going to take me 3-4 full years of recruiting to make that team relevent again.

10. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

that's awesome, dunlap. i went out of state and graduated from uc davis (yes that uc davis team that just got steamrolled by Cal last weekend). i definitely would have went to oregon if i didn't make the decision to move...i sure as heck would have enjoyed a better sports institution!

keep me posted on the pac-10 situation guys! as mentioned, if nothing happens, it'll be business as usual for me with the Air Force Falcons :)

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Harrison finished 9th in Heisman race in 2005. Heck of a season though with 1900 yards.

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

U sure....I remember him being invited to New York as my friends watched on TV.

13. Emmdotfrisk

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9
    Pl. Name School Cl. Pos. 1 2 3 Total
    1 Reggie Bush USC Jr. RB 784 89 11 2541
    2 Vince Young Texas Jr. QB 79 613 145 1608
    3 Matt Leinart USC Sr. QB 18 147 449 797
    4 Brady Quinn Notre Dame Jr. QB 7 21 128 191
    5 Michael Robinson Penn State Sr. QB 2 7 29 49
    6 A.J. Hawk Ohio State Sr. LB 0 3 23 29
    7 DeAngelo Williams Memphis Sr. RB 1 2 19 26
    8 Drew Olson UCLA Jr. QB 1 2 14 21
    9 Jerome Harrison Wash State SR. RB 0 4 12 20
    10 Elvis Dumervil Louisville Jr. DE 0 0 9 9

14. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Michael Robinson bringing 2 1st place votes to PSU!

15. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

I have no problem staying with BYU this season, we had a great year and I like the recruits I brought in.

16. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Iowa here to stay.

17. Emmdotfrisk

good because the Utah rivalry is back JAM!!!

[​IMG]

18. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

19. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Utah, Utah st, what's next Frisk? Hanging out in the SLC?

20. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    haha...go to work...come home and everyone changes teams?...

btw on the Heisman table, is that the year dumervil had like 20 sacks?

21. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Oh, hell yeah! Bring it on :)

22. controllerabuser

Nice, I like all the talk guys!

I'll update the roster in the league description.

So: Frisky pants goes to Utah and nrg to Oregon?

23. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Yup! I also am willing to consider dropping outta the Pac if Dunlap wants Wash St...

24. Big D

Big D Walk On

I gotta see the Wazzu recruiting class first. If its dreadful then I'll stay put. If its decent (like 50-70 ranked range), I'll consider moving.

25. Emmdotfrisk

sheeesh, the longer u wait, the worse that team will be.