Archived Bowling For Oranges -- [The Chaos Big East Blog]

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Boondock3691, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Welcome to The Big East Blog!
    The Road to the Orange Bowl Starts Here!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

Big East Final Standings
    [​IMG] (12-0) (7-0)
    [​IMG](9-2) (5-2)
    [​IMG](9-2) (5-2)

[​IMG](5-6) (3-4)

[​IMG](5-6) (3-4)

[​IMG](2-7) (2-5)

[​IMG](3-9) (2-5)

[​IMG](3-9) (1-6)

@nkmi1984

im doing this from work so i cant see all the records I'll fill em in later tonight

Throw some content up here so and lets get this thing rolling

• Like Like x 1
  3. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

West Virginia Wins Big East Title -- Punches Ticket to Championship Game
    [​IMG]

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Bruh, due to me slippin' on this I think y'all should just hold off on this for this season. With y'all getting in on the action midway thru the year it would be kind of counterproductive for y'all to complete a blog at this stage in the season.

Now that y'all have your feet wet just be ready to go at the start of next season. For now just concentrate on the group discussions and ensuring the google doc is updated.

If you want to finish strong go ahead (your motivation is truly appreciated) but just know an action packed season is right around the corner and you'll have plenty of time to 'get your blog on':).

5. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

ok thats cool. i was planning on waiting until next season but was in the mood for some bloggin today.
    i might throw a little more content up just to get a feel for what i wanna do next season...

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

DOWN WITH THE BLOG POLICE! DOWN WITH THE BLOG POLICE!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Wasn't being the blog police! lol. I was just saying. I know the Big 10 blog is just about over since we don't have a championship game or anything. The only thing I can think of is putting the All Big 10 Team up but I was going to ask Max if their is a spot we could put that in the google doc. If you want to keep going, go ahead.

Did you know?:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

We could just add more sheets to do the Conference AAs.

9. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

West Virginia Wins 2014 BCS National Championship -- Shocks LSU 21 -14

[​IMG]

Defense Wins Championships. As cliche as it sounds, this old saying was proved once again. This year, west virginia was known for its offense. The mountaineers fielded the #4 rushing attack in the country to go along with a top 5 scoring offense. Flying under the radar all year was this mountaineer defense. No one won any awards on that defense. No one had any outstanding statistics. The press didnt interview any of these players leading up to the game. But on the biggest stage of the season, the West Virginia defense out-shined their prolific offense and shocked the nation -- On route to the 2014 BCS National Championship.

West Virginia nerves were evident throughout the first quarter. WVU kicked the ball off to LSU to start the game and LSU responded with a great opening drive. With a great mix of run and pass LSU moved the ball down the field and punched it in with a 3 yard run by all american tailback, Kenneth Harley.

West Virginia looked to respond with a drive of their on but on the first play Senior QB Jeremy Johnson tried to force a pitch on a triple option run and had it recovered by a LSU player. "I'm not gonna lie i was a little nervous. I was trying to make a play and i forced it."

LSU took advantage of a rare WVU mistake and score on another touchdown run from Harley to make it 14-0 late in the 1st quarter. It looked as if LSU would run away with the game but WVU did not give up. Coach Boone would not let them.

After giving up the second TD drive coach Boone was seen yelling spitting and kicking in a hudle with all his players

"Coach chewed us out -- Especially the seniors -- more specifically ME!" Johnson said in a post game interview.
    "I just told them to play football the way we coach it. Play.Phyisical Football." Coach Boone said with a slight smirk on his face

Jeremy Johnson and the WVU offense responded with a great touchdown drive capped of by a 15 yard pass to Freshman WR Joe Henry.

The speech lit a fire under the Mountaineer defense and on the next drive they picked off LSU which led to another strike from Johnson to Henry. The defense continued to play lights out and on the next drive West Virginia picked off another pass which led to a 5 yard run to take their first lead of the game. With the momentum and confidence on their side the mountaineers took a 21-14 lead into the locker room for halftime.

The second half was all about the Mountaineer Defense. They played physical and continued to key on LSU star tailback Harley. After going off in the SEC game, Harley was held to just 94 yards on 20 carries.

"We knew their offense went through him. We had to make him a non-factor and force them to pass the ball more."

A BIG goaline stand where WVU held LSU out of the endzone on 4 straight runs gave the mountaineers more momentum but not enough to score. After running down the clock with a long drive WVU attempted to ice the game with a 47 yard field goal but missed.

That gave LSU time for one more drive to tie the game. LSU moved the ball down the field converting on a key 4th down conversion. With time running down LSU dropped back and looked to throw an out but WVU LB John Thompson stepped in to pick off his second pass of the day and seal the game.

With the win WVU completes an unexpected undefeated season and wins the BCS National Championship, led by their first-year coach, Coach Boone.

"It was a great win. I've been telling people all season about our defense but they showed the nation tonight. We send all of our seniors off with a great win and a great season. We're gonna enjoy this game tonight. But tomorrow, we're gonna get right back to work. Come tomorrow -- It's a brand new season."

Key Stats : WVU Turnovers (1) LSU Turnovers (3)
    Player of the game : John Thompson 8 Tackles 1 Forced Fumble 2 Interceptions

Hell of a game Maximus

• Like Like x 1