Bowling Green Falcons - b milley

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by b milley, Sep 20, 2009.

1. b milley

b milley Walk On

Bowling Green Falcons - b milley

This is my game recap thread for the Bowling Green Falcons.

2. b milley

b milley Walk On

Disastrous second half dooms Bowling Green against Buffalo

Taking a 24-14 lead into half time the BGSU Falcons we're confident in their abilities. That all changed in a hurry. The Falcons came out and we just flat out bad in the second half getting outscored 35-7 in the second half on their way to a 49-31 loss at the hands of the Buffalo Bulls lead by dub.

3. b milley

b milley Walk On

Coach Milley picks up first win against WMU!

The story of this game was the production from the Bowling Green running backs led by senior Willie Geter who carried for 132 yards and 1 score. Freshman running back Mark Mays showed his big play ability when he broke a 94 yard TD run in the first half. He finished the day with 113 yards and only 7 carries. Bowling Greens offense was firing on all cylinders against the struggling WMU defense racking up 536 yards of total offense, 268 on the ground and 268 in the air. Perfect balance.

Final score:
    BGSU: 37
    WMU: 21

Up next: @ Akron

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

When I played the old Bowling Green user last season (undefeated in the conf. regular season)...Willie Geter broke off a HUGE run on the first play...something like 90 yards, down to the 5 yard line.

I'm pretty sure the freshmen you are talking about was a 4 star...what's he rated? If so, you are lucky you picked up after a good coach.

5. b milley

b milley Walk On

Yeah Geter is a monster and the freshman is like low 80's with 93 speed.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Just popping in because I saw Bowling Green mentioned on the front page. Mays is not a recruit, he is a real life player. If it is year 2 than he must have been redshirted. I had him on my BG team in a different league.

Bowling Green alumni btw :)

7. b milley

b milley Walk On

Oh ok. I know nothing about the team so I didn't know. Thanks for the input. I'll do my best to make BGSU a winner.

8. b milley

b milley Walk On

b milley Notches first win in head to head competition

Bowling Green under new head coach b milley notched their first win in head to head competition with a 34-24 win over the Kent State Golden Flashes. The Falcons won the toss and chose to receive and drove down the field for a score on a TD run by freshman Mark Mays. The Falcons sent a message that they wanted to run the football, something they would do often against Kent State. Special teams defense we're bad for both teams tonight as Kent State would take the ensuing kick off to the house for 6. b milley's offense took the field once again giving the Flashes a heavy dose of tailback Willie Geter but the drive stalled and the Falcons settled for a field goal, 10-7 BG. Once again the Flashes got a good return but this time they wouldn't score. On their first offensive play of the game Kent State QB Giorgio Morgan fumbled and it was recovered by the Falcons. The Falcons were unable to get a drive going and we're already in field goal range when the drive started so they added three to their lead, 13-7 BG. Kent States offense looked good on their next possession but the Falcons D stepped up to force a field goal. The Falcons running game struggled in the first half and we're forced to punt on their next possession. Once again the Flashes offense drives the field and stalls on the BG 35. It was 4th and long so going for it wasn't going to happen, to close to try to punt so they try the field goal. Coach milley sensing a short kick sent Willie Geter back to try and return the field goal if it was short, milley was right Geter caught the ball at the two and proceded to take the ball 98 yards for a Bowling Green score touchdown, 20-10 was the score at half time. As the second half opened the teams exchanged touchdowns to make the score 27-17. The Falcons touchdown in the third quarter was a big kick return by freshman burner Mark Mays. In the 4th quarter the Falcons finally got the run game going good and Willie Geter broke 3 ten plus yard runs on his way to his second touchdown of the game, 34-17 Falcons. Late in the game the Flashes in a desperate attempt to get back in the were able to score a TD to close the gap to 10 points but their efforts were unrewarded as the Falcons ran down the clock to secure the victory.

Players of the Game:
    Willie Geter – 25 carries, 128 yards, 1 TD, field goal return TD
    Mark Mays – 2 receptions, 5 carries, 2 TD, 196 all purpose yards

9. b milley

b milley Walk On

b milley and Bowling Green open 2011 season with win!!

BGSU: 38
    Idaho: 7