Boys Sign Veteran Brian Dawkins

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cadepetty247, Jan 27, 2010.

1. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Boys Sign Veteran Brian Dawkins

[​IMG]

Cowboys Sign Weapon X To Big Deal

The Dallas Cowboys have announced the signing of former eagle Safety Brian Dawkins. Dawkins was signed last offseason by the Denver Broncos to a 1year deal, but there is one thing he is after. The Cowboys went to the NFC Championship game last season and that always draws the eyes of veterans in the offseason. Dawkins also known as Weapon-X for his hard hitting style of defensive play and is the persona he takes when he steps out of the tunnel on Sundays. Similiar to the X-men character Wolverine, Dawkins never stops, very aggressive and is always moving.

The Cowboys are planning on converting Bdawk from free safety, where he has played since college, to strong safety. They believe he will be a great asset beside free safety Ken Hamlin and his abilities will fit in great at strong safety. Since Dawkins is getting up there is age, strong safety will be perfect seeing him in th box of that 3-4 defense stuffing the run. Don't think he can't still cover the field though!! Dawkins being an Philidelphia Eagle almost his whole career had people thinking he would never sign with Dallas. The games between Dallas and Philly will be somethin to watch this year.

[​IMG]

The press conference at Valley Ranch was an amusing one. Several questions were asked to Brian that were a bit intense. When ask what brought him to decide to sign with Dallas. Dawkins said " Im a Philly boy for 13years, I was born and bred to hate the Dallas Cowboys, when it was brought to me i was like HELL NO". He stated, "after thinking about it there is one thing I haven't accomplished in my career is to get that ring and I'm going to help bring another trophy back to Dallas".

Dawkins also said Alan Ball had a heafty price on the number #20, but after several discussions between the two Weapon-X will be in his number. Alan Ball will go back to his old number 38.

[​IMG]

Brian Dawkins may be the missing piece for Dallas.... This should get intresting to see if the Philly fans cheer or boo their boy Weapon-X.... And hopefull we can turn Dawkins away from the Eagle and into the Star!!!

2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I got Dan Synder'd on this FA bidding. Congrats again (said with a sarcastic smirk)

3. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

haha well you gotta bring your A game when you bidding against them Cowboys

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

As a real life Eagle fan I was close to throwing the entire cap at this deal just so it wouldn't go thru.

This deal shouldn't of been allowed, lol

5. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

When Eagles Coach Vishal met with the press for pre draft festivities, He was asked What his Response was to Brian Dawkins signing with the Cowboys, coach said " Traitor! Judas! haha naw... bdawk had to do whats best for him, he is an eagle legend, but when he wears that, (cowboys helmet) it will be sureal and on like donkey kong"

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Vishal, I love BDawk (no homo) but please end his career for that treachery please, lol