Bragging & Whining (Recruiting), S1

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Nov 28, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

All things recruiting. It'd be nice if everyone could simply reply and update their post with each commitment. I'll be posting a reply as well to brag about my latest commitment.​
    :4stars: WR AARON KIRK (6'1 175 LBS \|/ A- CAR, B+ SPD, B- RR)
    :4stars: TE ADAM RIVERS (6'1 224 LBS \|/ B- SPD, C+ STR, BTK, & CTH)
    :3stars: T STEVE MURPHY (6'5 315 LBS \|/ C+ STR, RBF, & RFS)​
    :3stars: T BRANDON COX (6'6 312 LBS \|/ B- STR, C+ RBF & PBF & RFS)​
    :3stars: G VINCENT JONES (6'3 303 LBS \|/ B- STR & RBS, C+ RBK & RBF)​
    :3stars: G WAYNE HOLMES (6'4 276 LBS \|/ C+ RBF & PBF & IBK, C STR)​
    :3stars: OLB RANDALL EVANS (6'5 236 LBS \|/ B- TKL, C+ HPW & PMV)​
    :3stars: FS WILLIAM STEVENS (6'0 184 LBS \|/ B+ SPD, C MVC, ZCV, PRS)​
    :3stars: DT DUSTY WOOD (6'1 317 LBS \|/ B- Strength)
    :3stars: C ZACHARY ROUSE (6'4 291 LBS \|/ C+ STR, C PBS & RBS)
    :3stars: ATH CHIP CURRY (6'0 190 LBS \|/ A- Speed)
    :3stars: ATH JON WEBB (6'7 299 LBS \|/ B- Acceleration)
    :3stars: QB MARLON DAGIS (6'2 200 LBS \|/ B- THP & THA)
    :3stars: SS GEORGE THOMAS (6'1 207 LBS \|/ B+ ACC, C+ TKL C ZCV, CTH, PRS)
    :2stars: P ANDY MORRIS (5'10 218 LBS \|/ B KPW)
    :2stars: K LEE TREMBLAY (5'10 218 LBS \|/ C+ KAC, C KPW)
    :1stars: FB TRAVIS CAPPS (6'1 205 LBS \|/ B- SPD, C RBF & RBS)
    Last Updated: Week 13

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  2. IrishBearcat

Woohoo! Landed two :3stars:athletes. One looks like a WR and the other looks like a lineman (offensive?). Who knows, but 3 commits isn't a bad start.

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

this is by far the most selective ive ever been with picking my recruits. a good combination of achievable signees with the skill sets I desire. I left a lot of talent off my board including a lot of 4 stars that dont fit in my needs or my program scheme. So far, no commits but they will come

looking at your recruits...
    Wood is ok. in dynasties, DTs can produce with almost any build and skill set. Nice commit with UCLA and Washington close on the board
    Webb has no skills listed, like none! he cant block, hes not strong, he cant tackle, he cant throw, hes very slow... this may be one of the worst 3 stars Ive ever seen! better hope he has some unlisted skills to play DT at 300lbs but at least he isnt needed to play with Wood o_O
    Curry is an athlete. Can play both WR or DB but plays both below average. He does have the speed to be productive as a WR but probably isnt going to carry your team anywhere

4. IrishBearcat

Way too shit on my parade LOL! :D

I like Wood, anytime a DT has strength in the range of B's usually they are pretty effective. I liked Curry's speed and since he had Cal #1 decided to roll the dice and hope he has some quality unlisted ratings. Webb is HUGE, 6'7 299 and hoping he has good OL skills that arent listed. Usually a good Acceleration rating means OT.

We have to celebrate commitments since we can't find a way to beat the likes of Army as well..

5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Someone had too after you said "woohoo" by signing a player based ENTIRELY off size and acceleration :rolleyes:

6. IrishBearcat

He's gotta be useful SOMEWHERE!

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]
    2011 Washington Recruiting Board
    Recruit Name Caliber Position (Pos Rank) Height/Weight Hometown Overall Key Attributes
    Tom Malone :4stars: HB(#29) 5'10" 203 lbs Halawa, HI 70 B+ speed, B- agility, B+ spin move
    Jamie Waller :4stars: C(#11) 6'4" 271 lbs Anacortes, WA 70 B- acceleration, C- run/pass block
    Robert Barron :3stars: LG (#56) 6'3" 321 lbs Waihee-Waiehu, HI 68 C+ Strength/Run Block
    Nick Evans :3stars: RT(#34) 6'5" 312 lbs Florence-Graham, CA 68 C+ strength/pass block
    John McNamara :3stars: WR(#38) 6'5" 210 lbs Manhattan Beach, CA 68 A speed, C- SPC
    Jake Barron :3stars: TE(#40) 6'1" 224 lbs Vallejo, CA 68 C catching, C+ jumping
    Aaron Anderson :3stars: LT(#57) 6'6" 308 lbs Ran Palos Verdes, CA 67 A+ acceleration, C run block
    Jason Holmes :3stars: LOLB(#51) 6'0 199 lbs Hemet, CA 68 B+ speed, B+ jumping
    Frank Walker :3stars: ROLB(#94) 6'0 220 lbs Salmon Creek, WA 67 B+ speed/acc, C tackle
    Danny Avery :3stars: FS(#29) 6'0 190 lbs Kent, WA B+ acc, C- catching
    Matt Hobbs :3stars: SS(#26) 5'11" 205 lbs Kelso, WA B+ acc, B jumping, C+ tackle
    Darrl Owens :2stars: K(#23) 6'3" 186 lbs El Cajon, CA A- speed/acc, C KPW
    Damon Rogers :2stars: P(#16) 5'10" 210 lbs Green Valley, AZ B- KPW

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  8. fuzzyl0gic

I landed a couple of solid recruits week one, going after some safe :3stars: bets the rest of the way. Hopefully I can snag the other :4stars: I'm going for, a much needed MLB.

9. IrishBearcat

Landed a QB with a decent arm! :)

10. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

If my calculations are right, your QB is looking at being a 69/70 OVR and a decent future play if he needs to be called upon

and LOL at everyone going after that 2 star athlete... i mean "punter"

11. fuzzyl0gic

Haha. I added him the first week when I was looking for a P/K. He was one of the few kickers with interest in me, and the speed/acceleration ratings IMMEDIATELY jumped out on me. I was very curious what position he could play, as his other attributes are a mystery...I saw you and IrishBearcat added him this past week.

12. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I had him all year but he didnt want me so i finally dumped him. i havent invested much time at all so its ok with me. but he should make a decent KR. :p

13. fuzzyl0gic

Washington updated. Getting some hogs for my oline.

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UCLA still has had shit to commit to us except a lousy tackle.

15. IrishBearcat

Woohoo, now I'll have two SS on my roster next season! Not the fastest guy, but I like his size and physicality that he brings to the table. He has decent hands too, so he'll get da pickz.

16. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

[​IMG]
    :3stars: CB Arthur Petty 5'10 170 lbs
    • A- Speed
    • B acceleration
    • B agility
    • C+ Man
    • B- Zone
    • B- Press

17. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

(3 star) G Craig Hunt. 6'3" 286 LBs. Balanced.

(3 star) DT Tyrone McCutcheon 6'2" 289 LBs. Pass Rusher

18. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

[​IMG]
    Craig Mitchell ATH/CB :4stars:
    Standing at 5-9, 185lbs, Mitchell is the #189th player in the nation according to Sparq's rating system. Will play corner in the Utah system. While he ranks as the 19th best athlete in the nation, it should translate to about the 10th best corner in the class. He was not promised any playing time early and understands his value for the future. With top corner Conroy Black headed to the NFL next year, there will be a void at the position but Brian Blechen and Ryan Lacey appear to have the inside track on the top spots. Mitchell would have to outplay Reggie Topps or Wykie Freeman in camps for a chance at cracking the opening game active roster.​
    Mitchell stands out at wide receiver and corner in high school but plans to make the move to defense in college. He is a corner who has excellent coverage skills and he will be able to come up and support the run. He has great hips and flexibility and is very smooth. He will need to get stronger for press coverages and he has the type of frame that will fill out nicely. Mitchell has great instincts and vision and reads the quarterback well. Great, quick hands aid him in breaking up passes and intercepting them. He will only become better as he develops his game in college.

• Like Like x 4
  19. IrishBearcat

Landed a :4stars:finally! He looks like he'll be a great target in the passing game, and has some decent blocking ability too. Giggity!

20. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Sorry but ur idea has been stolen as soon as I sign someone lol....

21. fuzzyl0gic

Nice man, looks like a solid TE.

22. The Knee

The Knee Walk On

haha, yea that was a good read. ill be doing same, except i be writing about 2 stars.

23. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Colorado has finally landed it's first recruit
    Troy Gray,, Guard 3 star from Woods Cross, Utah
    Wade Graham, ATH 3 star from Colton, CA, we could see Graham play some safety for the school next year.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  24. IrishBearcat

:3stars: C ZACHARY ROUSE (6'4 291 LBS \|/ C+ STR, C PBS & RBS)
    :2stars: PANDY MORRIS (5'10 218 LBS \|/ B KPW)
    Last Updated: Week 9

Above are the guys I landed this week. Had many plays visit for the epic 3OT thriller and it paid off. Several of my prospects are Soft Commits, including another :4stars: WR (ESPN150) that both Oshiomogho and I are recruiting. He visits the Utes this week, so it'll be close!

I continue to be a pain in the ass for CoachRedd and any offensive lineman he decides to target ;)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  25. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Craig and I went out to lunch today. He is doing very well in his studies and continuing to train hard in preparations for the next year. He graduates at the end of the semester. So proud of him.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011