Break down your 2013 recruiting class

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Aug 15, 2012.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

1. How would you rate your class overall?
    2. Are you happy with the recruits in general?
    3. Which recruits can you not wait to see on the field?
    4. Any other comments?

2. jello1717

Shockingly enough, I ended up with the top user class and I pulled in 9 :4stars:. While there were a bunch of lemons in there (I had to sign 21 damned guys!) there were also some studs in there who'll start right away for me. The most important thing of the class (and the main thing on which I focused from the start) was that in addition to my TX and CA pipelines, I also established pipelines for FL, GA, and LA. My goal was to get those 3 and I'm thrilled that I succeeded with all 3 (especially GA as that was a big desire and a royal pain in the ass to attain).

Yes and no. I lost out on a bunch of guys that I wanted, but I got a bunch of guys I wanted too. Being able to establish 3 new pipelines and still bring in some studs was not an easy feat. The biggest disappointment is on the defensive side of the ball and I will have to focus there in the future.

The #1 guy is FR QB Brad Simmons who will start from day 1. Comparing him to my starter last year, he adds +7 SPD, +10 ACC, +11 AGI, +6 BTK, +7 TRK, +26 ELU, +18 CAR, +7 THP, and +3 THA, so, uhhhhhhh, yeah.
    LE Lawrence Hobbs will be starting right away as he's, sadly, my #1 DE. He's a 76 OVR so he's definitely decent for a FR.
    MLB Michael Moore, despite being a 74, is also a starter and is my fastest, most explosive (by relative standards) MLB on the team.

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I feel my class was so-so. I think it was in the top 10 or 15 but i felt like it wasn't the best i could do. So out of all the users, i'd probably put myself in the mid to lower range.

I'm happy on quite a few. #1 punter is a great add and having a pair of DEs who will tear up shit will be great to have.

My DEs. I wanna see how well that speed does in my defense. Also have 2 Freshman SS's starting so i'm nervous to see how they perform.

4. Any other comments?
    Going to be way more ambitious and more aggressive this season.

4. jello1717

My DE is better than both of yours. (y)

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I bet so. But i got speed which is why i love em.

6. jello1717

What is this speed of which you speak? My DE is slower than shit and he's faster than 1 of yours and almost as fast as the other one.

Your guys are 68 SPD/63 ACC and 72 SPD/89 ACC. Are they the ones you're calling fast? (my guy is 69 SPD/85 ACC)

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Faster than i had last season. So it's all relative i guess.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

The average overall for my team is 69.05. Sounds about right and I am pretty pleased with most of them. Overall rating doesn't always matter.

Yes as stated above.

DE Jason Miller - 81 Ovr
    SS Laron Holland - 78 Ovr

4. Any other comments?

Not at this time. Any questions? lol

9. jello1717

My guys averaged out at 69.4. This was raised by some studs like my 81 QB, 79 QB, and 79 HB and also lower by some bums I got stuck with like my 60 MLB (who's actually in my fucking 2 deep!!!!) and a bunch of 63s.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

My QBs are all under 80. My third string is a 67

11. jello1717

I'm not sure I have enough QBs on my team.....

QBs.JPG

Of course I don't plan on Gilbert, Preston, or Burcham ever seeing the field.

12. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Overall I really liked my class. I signed a handful of guys who will play or contribute within the first 2 years of being on campus. As signed a 79 TE and a 81 RB both of whom will start from day 1. I would give it a solid B grade
    Yes. Only thing I am missing is a QB of the future right now on offense as MY core of my offense is the same. Defense Im unsure what I am going to do.
    Rory Morris 81 RB
    Darrell Green 79 TE 6'6 249 :)
    4. Any other comments?
    I hope my offense isnt a 78 overall with everybody coming back. :)

13. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

My 3rd string QB is a freshman at 70.

14. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

It's decent. The top guy is an OLB that is a 78, but I also got a solid WR that is a 77 that will start right away. The average OVR is 74.1, but it could've been better. The best part is my OL; I brought in guards rated 77 and 76, a T that is a 76, and a C that is 73. Despite starting 4 seniors this year, I won't be starting a lineman under 80 in the future.
    Overall, I'm not really pleased with it. With just 12 scholarships, I should have been able to bring in better talent. I learned and won't be so quick to offer a scholarship if I'm not sold on a guy.

I'm happy with WR Anthony Anderson. He is a JUCO Sophomore, but I needed receivers badly. He isn't fast, but he has decent hands.

4. Any other comments?
    I should be able to do better this year, but I really need that 5th star before my big class next year.

15. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

These guys suck. Hopefully after 3 or so progressions they will actually be able to contribute. Need a better class in 2013.
    Not at all. A lot of guys rated 68 and 69 overall. We need more talent and hopefully :4stars: prestige will help us get there.
    Only player worth a look is WR Nick Richard. He was our highest rated recruit at 73, which tells you how much this class sucked.

16. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

1. How would you rate your class overall? -
    4. Any other comments?

1. I'd say my recruiting class was solid. For a first year coach, and a 3 star program we did good. I'd give it :3stars:
    2. Yes, got some solid recruits coming in and should make for a great team to build on in a few years.
    3. Clayton Moore, at MLB. He was a 3 Star gem at 76 overall and my best recruit this season. He will be playing backup in the MLB position, but look for him to get some playing time in a few games.
    4. Not until I take over Maryland LSUTRUTH

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Great, considering I was only a :3stars:program but managed to finish with a legit top 10 recruiting class.

Without a doubt. I found a number of Gems and filled some needs along the way.

I'm looking forward to my DT/DE combo of Bobby Morgan and Tony Robertson.

4. Any other comments?
    The only disappointment was not opening any new pipelines, although I did set up a couple of states with 3/4.