Breakdown Penn State vs. Alabama

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bravejaf, Apr 9, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Here is a position by position break down of Alabama and Penn State

[​IMG]

Other than a significant talent differential, Alabama comes in 100% healthy while Penn State is down 2 important starters in OLB Aaron White and TE Jovan Wallace.

[​IMG]

Still the game should be exciting as both teams have a ton of talent on the offensive side of the ball. For Penn State the outcome will depend largely on QB Eddie Darby. He has been inconsistent all season but has played a few gems. He will need to have his best game of his career if the Nittany Lions hope to dethrone Alabama.

I'm not going to make a prediction on the outcome of this game since I'm involved. Feel free to add your thoughts on this match up, as well as predictions.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

I think it comes down to Penn States defense vs the Alabama running game. I havent been here for the season, but Bama has Joey Taylor and that stud freshman. If Penn State can control the clock and avoid turnovers, they may have a shot.

My prediction is Penn State 17 Alabama 24

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Predicting 38-21... I think your relative weakness on the D-Line and the fact that his entire oline is amazing with a super fast back is going to make him pretty much impossible to stop, even if you blitz into where he's running.

I think this will need to be a shootout for PSU to win unless they get some turnovers... Offensively... I think you can put up a lot of points if you can get into a good rhythm (your receivers match up with his CBs pretty well)... but I have a feeling the Bama O-Line vs PSU D-Line is going to cause some matchup issues... this might be the type of situation where you call some stuff on defense and use some "trickeration" so you can get an easy pick later in the game?

Anyway, 38-21 Bama wins because of a couple INTs.

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Hard to pick against Bama, I say Bama wins 28-21