Breaking News: Coach Zikry Leaving ECU

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Zikry, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

East Carolina

Being ranked for the first time all season this week, many people expected the ECU Pirates to be in a joyous mood heading into the conference USA Championship game next week against SMU. Instead, the team has just been told by their head coach that he will not be returning to the team next year. Senior QB Brad Wornick was asked to comment on what his coach just told the team just minutes ago:

"Well Coach just wanted to sit us down and let us all know that he would be leaving the program next year. As a senior the move doesn't effect me as much as some of the other guys, but I must say that he will be sorely missed around here as in his one year coaching here I was able to improve leaps and bounds from last year, as I leave the school with the record for touchdown passes and passing yards in a season. It was more than just his coaching that will be missed though, he was able to bring in a belief that we could win every single week, and we became like a family this year, a feeling that was not really around before Coach came in."

Junior Middle Linebacker Justin Jones, who is up for multiple awards this offseason, was inconsolable, as he simply could not hold back the tears when talking about Coach Zikry's departure:

[​IMG]

"As soon as Coach came in last year he took me aside and told me that he expected greatness from me. He told me that he saw the best defensive player in all of college football standing in front of him and that it was up to me to realize my potential, because if I didn't I wouldn't be letting him or the team down, I'd be letting myself down. Coach came in and really had me believe that I was the best and if it wasn't for him coming in I really don't know where I would be right now. I know most of you here wanted to come and talk to me about the awards that I am nominated for, but now is really not the time to talk about that. I just hope that Coach finds what he is looking for, and we as a team really wish him the best as he was given an opportunity that he simply could not pass up."

When asked what team Zikry was joining, Justin Jones remained mute on the subject:

"Coach told us that he would not be revealing his new job until the end of the year and after we won our bowl game as to not bring any more distractions. However, he did let everyone of us on the team know where he was going next year and it is definitely a job that he could not let pass away."

-Speculation has been running wild as people wonder where Coach Zikry will be off to next. However, Coach Zikry also remained coy on the subject, however he did drop a hint of where he might possibly be going:

"All I would like to say about the subject is that I am heading to coach a team that is in arguably one of the toughest conferences in all of college football. Right now I'm coaching the #23 team in the country and we are getting ready to face off against another top 25 team in SMU for the conference championship. This will be my first ever conference championship game as I was not able to steer the team towards that game last year in the last couple games I took over, so all our concentration is on that game right now. When that game is over we also have to get ready for a bowl game, so all our concentration will be on that. I have already told my players of where I am heading and frankly they are the only ones who deserve to know as I did not want to blindside them by just getting up and leaving them. They are a great group of young men and I just hope that we can close out the year with a couple wins. I will only talk about my decision once the bowl game is over, and until then I am still the ECU coach and we have some work to do to get ready for SMU. Thank you"

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Great write up. Im sure the rumor mill will run rampant with where youll be heading for season 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.