Breaking News: Conference Shakeup in CL (and new member)!

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

The next domino in college football's route to super conferences has fallen. With fear of falling behind the 14-team Big Ten and SEC conferences, the Pac 12 has extended offers to Texas and Oklahoma to join the conference in 2015. Both teams have accepted the offers.

The Pac 12 flirted with Texas and Oklahoma in 2009 and it seemed that the two powers would join the conference. But the schools were unwilling at that time to part ways with state rivals, and the Pac 12 brought in Utah and Colorado as a consolation.

But when Texas A&M defected for the SEC, Texas began rethinking its stance on abandoning Texas Tech. The Aggies recent success in the recruiting front, which has been given a boost by SEC prestige, cemented the Longhorn's desire to find a more prestigious destination. With the fear of being left out in the dust, the Sooners followed suit, making the Pac 12 an extremely formidable conference, and perhaps the most top-heavy in college football.

It seems as if the excitement surrounding Austin, Texas was too much for long-time coach Mack Brown, who has decided to step down. Brown will be succeeded by Charlie Xavier.

The Big 12 did its part in staying relevant, securing Notre Dame and BYU as new members. Much like with Texas and the Longhorn Network, the Big 12 was willing to let the Irish keep their exclusive television rights with NBC. Nonetheless, the Irish were still reluctant to join a conference in football, but with super conferences on the horizon, they felt this was the time to move. Notre Dame was also attracted to the opportunity at being the premier team in the conference.

Is this the final move in college football, or just the one that sparks a bevy of bigger changes? Time will tell. But one thing is for sure. The Pac 12 will be extremely strong next season.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

3. Charlie Xavier

Charlie Xavier Walk On

As the new coach of The University of Texas Longhorns I would first like to say how excited I am to be a part of such a rich tradition here at Texas. I am very excited to be joining the Pac-12 in 2015 and facing the likes of USC, Oregon, and Standard. When you become a coach you couldn't ask for better opponents to truly test your level of talent. As a program we would like to thank the BIG 12 for the many great years, and Coach Brown for all that he has done for the University. We are looking forward to a big season with some great returning talent. GO LONGHORNS !

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Welcome! We have an amazing group of guys in Chompions league and I'm thrilled to fill this last spot with someone who seems very excited to be part of our community

5. Charlie Xavier

Charlie Xavier Walk On

Thanks for the opportunity man! Can't wait to get started

6. jandy

jandy Walk On

Welcome to the PAC 12! Glad we could find another user, especially one that can roll with such a good team. Looking forward to our matchups!

7. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

8. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Welcome to the league Charlie Xavier. Hope you have as much fun with Texas as I did in last year's league.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Charlie Xavier

Charlie Xavier Walk On

Thanks guys for all being so welcoming! Glad to be apart of a league like this

10. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Welcome Charli

• Like Like x 1
  11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Welcome aboard. I can see we will already be battling for some recruits.

• Like Like x 1
  12. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Welcome man!

13. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Are you perhaps a Professor, Charles?

Welcome.

14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I can see that we are battling for almost every recruit. yay!

15. Charlie Xavier

Charlie Xavier Walk On

haha believe it or not Xavier is my middle name, so my name is Charles Xavier lol

16. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Is your dad a big comic guy? My brother almost named my nephew Logan.

17. Charlie Xavier

Charlie Xavier Walk On

Yeah he use to be, and the high school he went to was name St. Xavier. I went and saw the new Wolverine yesterday not to bad honestly!

18. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Has to be better than X-Men Origins Wolverine.

• Like Like x 1