Breaking News for Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThaEra25, Nov 17, 2009.

1. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

Breaking News for Season 3

Starting at the beginning of Season 3, The Rivalry will remove ALL Recruiting Restrictions from it's Rules. The Front Office at the Rivalry has decided to allow its coaches to have full control over offers, signings, Caliber of Recruits, and cuts. The Only thing that remain the same will be Position Changes. I know some owners wanted this and some didn't but upon further review, The Rivalry believes it should be each Coach's decision as to where his program is headed.

Remember this goes in to effect during Preseason Season 3!

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Will there still be the roster limit of 70? Or sign 25 and cut down?

3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm curious about that as well.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Its just as Era said. Its up to the coaches, so sign whoever, and cut as you need. At least thats what I got out of it.

Ohh man next season the recruits are up for grabs...yeaaaa

5. Papa Perry

With my luck my 3-4 defensive tackle I need won't be in that recruiting class or he'll be a 1 star or something like that. Has anyone notice if players weights change? I was curious.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

? well player weights change based on the position they play. Like if you stick a 230 lbs MLB at DT he will go up to about 280 in a couple years.

But its against the rules to make that move. So yes, they change but it really has to do with whether or not they are undersized for the position they play.

7. Papa Perry

I wasn't planning on anything that extreme. My traditional moves I make are moving my pass rushing DT's to DE and my undersized DE's to LB. All of that is because I run 3-4 and like big DE's.

Only moves I make on offense are maybe FB to TE or vice versa. But I try to stay wawy from swapping from offense to defense

8. ThaEra25

This is exactly the case...Full Freedom for the most part for owners and their rosters...You recruit a 5 star MLB that doesn't pan out or doesnt even come in better than the 4 star you recruit, Recruit someone else the next season and fell free to cut that 5 star if he doesnt fit what you are trying to do...Basically you get to make the final call on your roster decisions except for the Position Changes...

Papa those changes are good but you have to be careful when moving around TE and FB...

9. Papa Perry

Just curious but could you go a little more in depth with that for me? Don't they have the same restrictions?

10. ThaEra25

Yeah I see what your saying...TE To FB and FB to TE...does have the same rescrictions. So if thats what you're talking about then you would be fine, the restrictions really come into play when moving WR to TE or RB to FB...but now that I read over your post again I dont think thats what you were "planning" on doing. Hope this clears that up.

Anymore questions, just ask...now is the time to get everybody on the same page.

11. Papa Perry

It's cool only "hybrid" changes I like to do are on defense only because its nearly impossible to find a 270+ lbs DE's and their are too many "light-weight" LB's. So I generally move "Pass Rush" DT's to DE and "Pass Rush" DE's to OLB or MLB. I have had some "Coverage" OLB that I converted to SS if they're under 220 lbs.

I was actually forced to in a non-TF OD I'm in because I went by the 40-time chart and found a OLB that come in with 94 speed. It backfired on them though because he was an All-American all 4 years and was in the top 5 in the nation every year in INT's, deflections, and defensive TD's. His Senior year he placed 2nd in the closest Heisman voting I have ever seen.

12. dub

dub Banned

awesome^^

13. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Cool maybe we'll see some more user v user battles.

14. ThaEra25

Yeah we do as many as we can get in with the schedule restictions...If you notice we have a thread titled: User vs User Contracts...we will start that discussion during the off-season.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

one quick question

so in the offseason (not this one but the ones after restrictions are lifted), you will advance to player cuts and we will cut as need instead of simming over?

16. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

To be clear. We still have to follow the current rules in this years offseason?

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

yea he said this dont take effect til beginning of season 3