Breaking News from MSU

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

During the game vs Indiana Saturday afternoon starting HB James Williams sprained his foot and left for about a quarter and a half. He would return, score a touchdown and look to not be affected. While his foot was OK, he received a hard hit not long after his return and did not stand up right away. With some help from the coaches and his trainers he slowly stood, waved one hand to the crowd while favoring his shoulder area.

Later on after the game Coach Masler made the following statement: "As soon as he took the hit I knew something was wrong, I heard a loud crunch and I was 20 yards away. We took him to the MSU doctor immediately where they took some x-rays. It appears James has broken his collarbone and will be missing 6-8 weeks while this injury heals. It is a devastating injury as he was having an excellent season. We do have Allen and Olson as backups and they will split time until James is healthy enough to take handoffs once again. Allen has the speed and the agility to get the job done but vs Indiana he seemed to think too far ahead and leave the ball behind him (Allen recorded two fumbles that game). Olson has found the endzone twice in the past two games so we might give him a shot at starting for the Ohio State game."

And so ends the hopes of a big season from the highly coveted HB from Michigan State who will probably return for the game at Pittsburgh in the final week of the regular season. Get well soon kid.

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Tough loss, I always seem to lose Jay Harris for an extended amount of time at some point in the season. I hope he can remain healthy for his senior season.