Breaking News Out Of Atlanta

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by gowazzucougs, Dec 17, 2010.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

The Head Coach of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets has made a stunning announcement regarding the status of his offensive coordinator. The offensive coordinator has been relieved of his duties. According to the Head Coach of the Yellow Jackets the offense just did not perform well, and is looking to take the offense in another direction.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

No big surprises here. :)

3. gowazzucougs

I had a feeling it wasn't going to work out. I think I am going to with what I currently run in the Night Owls for next season. There is going to be a major shake up in terms players changing position next year. I think one of my wide receivers should be playing tight end whenever I see him on the field

4. GoGators

So who's going to be the new coordinator? Will the offense move to a pro style or spread attack? What about ratios? Will it be run heavy, balanced, or pass heavy?

And what's the biggest thing you look for in a coordinator? Recruiting ability, playcalling, or coaching?

5. gowazzucougs

I don't know what offense your Gators currently run, and when I say this you may get a beam of pride, but I am looking for someone the emulates Urban Meyer's offensive approach. I am most likely going to be running the Florida playbook. I am currently running it in the Night Owls, and am 4-2 (should be 5-1, but I fucking blew a user game I should have won). I have several good backs that will most likely see playing time, and will be used in different formations. I am concerned at receiver, I don't think any of them can catch. In addition, one receiver appears to have a tight end/fullback body. My running backs seem to have better hands than the wide outs. So you now understand why there may be a roster upheaval when position changes comes in the offseason. Then there is the question at quarterback, currently I have one guy with average speed, and two who are slow for next year. I am recruiting three quarterbacks, and I am hopefully one or two will sign so I can cut the slow ones. In addition I am hoping next year's quarterbacks have better accuracy than my current starter who I swear can't hit the broad side of a barn. I can't tell you how many passes I have had to watch be thrown no where near the receiver in the two games I have played with these guys.

6. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I really like the Gator playbook. Unfortunately i'm the Gators in another OD here (It was a random draw, I'm a huge FSU fan) and that offense is great. I'm not sure how effective it would be though without all the talent they can bring in down there. I still find it tough to run at times on the sliders we use in that dynasty. I've really been trying to get better at the read options and motion option plays, when I can fully master that aspect of the offense, it should be pretty much impossible to stop. Good luck man, I don't blame you for dumping that GT playbook, it's tough to compete against USER's that stack the box on you.

7. gowazzucougs

I run the Gators book with Oregon State in the Night Owls, and sometimes I see 10 in the box when I run Gator Heavy

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm sure you've already looked and made an informed decision, but if not, check out Miss. St's pb. It's very similar to Florida, but is better for running from the SG than Florida's (while Florida's is better for passing).

9. GoGators

I knew it'd only be a matter of time before the stalker posted on this topic ^^^.

I'm using the UF playbook now, and I'd say it's a huge reason I've got two losses. I ran it exclusively last year in 10 and a lot of the best things in it last year they removed from this years book which is unfortunate. For example, in the twins TE flex formation they had the jet sweep with the slot WR, but they also had this same motion action but with a counter trey look back to the weakside with two pulling blockers leading the way. That play was amazing. Also, in last years game, you could utilize the jet sweep to wr motion triple options to create some great misdirection concepts. Now with the DE making the read you can't use that so much because it forces you to read the backside DE.

Overall, I'm not a huge fan of UF's playbook this season. The formation audibles are pretty silly at times too. I wish I could mesh a couple books together because it seems that all the spread option ones are just missing a couple things from each preventing them from putting them over the top. But good luck with the UF book if that's what you go to, there's more than enough in there to do damage with.

10. GoGators

And just to add, the pistol formation they gave it sucks, not much in that formation works. And having two I-formations is silly when they have all the same plays but ones normal and ones twins. I think they wasted a lot of space with those formations. I wish they would of went with the pistol slot w/o the FB but oh well.

And just curious, how do you use the Gator Heavy? Do you use it outside of short yardage or goaline situations?

11. gowazzucougs

I use it on first down, second, and third down depending on the yardage. I killed a user on the screen pass that is in gator heavy. He would see the guy go in motion, and he would put on run commit to that side leaving the weakside TE wide open. I have noticed it is not too successful if throw it to the intended receiver, but to the weak side tight end, money. Also, I forget what it is called but where the tight ends run post patterns while the receiver runs a fly, that play comes up a lot. In a game against the cpu (Georgia) my tight end caught 5 balls for 170 yards, 2 TDs. He was just open every time. I might also throw that play action pass play, where the QB fakes the blast.

I agree with your assessment about the other formations. The two I formations, are just cumulative, and the pistol formation we get is not very useful. There are no pass plays I call out of that formation. There is one play I run out it, and that it's.