Breaking News Out of Green Bay

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by wayers50, Jan 7, 2014.

1. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Packers fire Defensive Coordinator Dom Capers

"It is true, I have decided to let go Dom. I feel we needed to go a different direction on the defensive side of the football", owner David Waye said. Defensively for the Packers, they were ranked 18th in points allowed, 15th in yards against, 16th in passing yards against, and 22 in rushing against. This move wasn't too much of a surprise considering Dom Capers recent struggles with the defense. "And yes, we have decided on a new defensive coordinator already. Allow me to introduce the new defensive coordinator for the Packers.......

Richard Wright
    rich%20wright001.jpg

This move is a bit of a suprise given the fact that Rich has only served as defensive coordinator for one year at Northwest Missouri State, but in that one year his defense was great. In his one year as d-coordinator, the Bearcats defense ranked second in scoring, third in turnover margin, 12th in pass defense, and 17th in total defense in all of D-2 football. "We are very excited for Rich to come here and coach this defense", David Waye stated. When asked about Wright's experience as a D-coordinator and how he will fare in the NFL David Waye said, "I have full confidence that he will do great, he is a very smart guy and I can't wait to see how creative he will be on defense". No official announcement has been made on what type of defense Richard Wright will run. An official statement will be released later this week from Wright.​

• Like Like x 2