*****Breaking News out of Houston******

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Oct 12, 2009.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

*****Breaking News out of Houston******

Head Coach Matt York held a press conference at 12:00 today to announce the hiring of a new Defensive Coordinator. "After this team lost the last two games when we were eyeing a chance at a 10 win season and a top 25 ranking to come away with two losses one of course to cross town rival Rice. We as a staff looked at what we could do better. We have decided to part ways with Coach Dave Small and hire Defensive guru Robert "Buzz" Spreng from Bangor High School in Bangor ME. Coach Spreng is a 3-4 guy who like to put pressure on the QB by blitzing any one of the linebacking positions. I know that bringing him in before the bowl game will give us a chance to practice the nuances of the defense and get us set for spring ball. I have contacted the recruits and everyone is still on board and we are looking forward to a new start in 2011." The Defense is only graduating 2 starters All American DT Isaiah Thompson and CB Jacky Candy. Defensive co-captain Jr's OLB Marcus Mcgraw and CB Nick Saenz will be returning for their senior seasons and Mcgraw had this to say about the change "We needed a kick in the ass. Coach Spreng has already sat down with Nick and I and explained how he envisions this defense to work. I can tell you this we will blitz blitz blitz you. I see a lot of great D's in the NFL running this scheme...the Steelers, Chargers and Packers all run a version of this D. I can't wait with my speed I will be asked to fly all over the field." Houston will play Rutgers in the Texas Bowl on December 30th to round out the 2010 season.

2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Wait you hired a new DC before your bowl game?

Ill be watchin to see how this turns out....(I always am)

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Gotta do something its getting bad in Houston. Losing to Rice was the last straw. I can't look at myself in the mirror I'm so disgusted!!!!!! I have been messing around with the 3-4 and I like its principles. I can't remember the cats name but someone on Ncaastrategies.com put up a good write up on it and I wanna try it out.
    PERVERT!!!

4. b milley

b milley Walk On

Bangor High beat us 55-13 in the second week of the season. They're pretty good.

Any way good luck with the new D.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

3 down lineman? Sounds good to me! :D

6. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Precisely. :p:p:p

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

say what you want with the guys I am bringing in and what I have coming back I think I will be just fine!!!