*Breaking News: SD Signed Former Raider RG Austin Howard

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Ace847, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Not sure why Kidofcrash23 let this guy go (guessing finances??) but he is significantly better than my previous starter! His confidence is through the roof because he left an inferior organization and is enjoying being in yellow and blue.

We're hoping Howard can help us continue our comeback streak towards playoff relevance. We're on a 4 game winning streak and have a tough final two games to close the season against SF and KC... Keep an eye on Howard to start right away and blow open the strong side for Woodhead and Brown to pick up some big gains behind this young RG.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

i did it because CFM owner mode is stupid and if i am going to have high salary players, i'd rather have them in other positions instead of three high priced olineman. Go poverty on the oline and get better elsewhere.

TOok $7 million cap hit and i think i have $10 in cap penalties already, but doesnt matter since my cap sealing is probably about $100-$105 million if i want to have funds every year to sign my players and sign rookies.

3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Thanks! I can at least get him cheap this year.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I am already finding ways to save about 16 million next year that way......

5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

the reality is, we probably will keep on trying ways to cut salary to build up funds, but in reality we will never be able to make it up and spend close to the max of our cap.

6. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    is EA even trying to fix this or are we stuck with it?

7. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

as far as i know, we are stuck with this and EA not planning to patch it.

Teams like us, if we want money during the offseason, we need to keep our salary at $110 million or lower even if we win a lot of games and make playoffs.

8. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Don't nfl teams get a piece of the tv network money? They should include that in the offseason as additional profits! And while there at it,twitch should throw us some money too for all the streaming!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

they do, they just need to fix the revenue sharing.. but really, should remove the funds restriction outright.

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Taken from the Forbes article on the Packers 2013 books, 'According to ESPN.com's Darren Rovell, the books indicate that the Packers' 1/32 share of national revenue was $187.7 million for the league year — multiply that out among all the NFL teams, and it indicates that the league passed the $6 billion revenue mark.'

I could use a chunk of that. If you use accurate salary figures you have to use accurate income figures in order to give users a complete experience. just my two pennies

• Like Like x 3
  11. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I agree with this. It's not that I need a 100% real owner experience, because aint nobody got time for that! But if I have to pay "realistic" bonuses then I should have a "realistic" amount of funds available to do so. #ihateownermode

• Like Like x 2
  12. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

It's crazy this is looking like MLB, but at least they get something in return. It's stupid guys have to cut quality starters just to stay afloat and it's not just the teams that aren't winning, hell the Raiders have already clinched a wildcard. The NFL is about drafting and cap management, not trying to make ends meet. This is killer, just annoys me more the more I think about it.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Amen.

14. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

LOL! Austin Howard allowed two sack!

I guess that's what you get when you start a guy at RG on one week of practice :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

And Howard had a costly holding penalty that negated a first down in the first quarter against KC....

16. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I didn't even know holding penalties existed in m15... Did we turn sliders up? Either way, kid must have had his reasons above finances to let this guy go... Just an undisciplined player!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Got paid too much for rated lowly. GTFO

18. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

We coined a new phrase in the film room when breaking down his tape... Whenever someone gets a penalty, allows a sack, or anything else negative we say they "raidered" it thanks to this ex-raiders play... With all the grief this ex raider is getting we may have another Jonathan Martin case for the NFL to deal with...

• Like Like x 1