Breaking News

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Jun 9, 2010.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Breaking News

Nebraska to join the Big Ten on Friday, Missouri to follow?

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

16 teams is too damned many! ND should've just joined and stopped at 12 teams.

Now we're gonna get Nebraska, Missouri, Pitt, Rutgers, and someone else. I despise the thoughts of 4 16 team conferences. You can't play enough of the other teams in your conference with 16 damned teams!

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I agree with that, but I am excited to see a conference championship game in the Big Ten for a change. That 16th team will probably be ND, once we've gone to 15 teams, and the PAC-10 has poached the remaining Big-12 members, ND won't have much of a choice but to join a conference or get left in the dust.

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

This doesn't effect the upcoming season correct?

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Cite your source please.

All I've seen is that the Big 12 has asked Nebraska and Mizz to make their intentions known by Friday. ESPN reports that Nebraska hasn't even been extended an invitation to the Big 10 yet.

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

It's not official yet, but here is a more conclusive link:
    http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/22440055?tag=headlines;other

I also have a friend that is an intern in the Athletic Department here at MSU and according to him the buzz is that it's pretty much a done deal with Nebraska, but take that for what it's worth.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

ESPN is reporting that the Omaha newspaper has an unnamed Big 12 chancellor who says Nebraska is going to announce on Friday that they are joining the Big 10. I've also seen a report on ESPN that Nebraska has a meeting Friday to discuss the issue. All on TV......haven't checked their website.

Its all just rumors. Deadline is July 1st for all teams to declare their 2011 intentions. We won't know for sure until July 2....lol

8. GoGators

And so it begins......

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I had read that Nebraska was leaning toward the big ten but that no invitation had been issued and there was no word on when an invite might happen.

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

So say that this whole realignment goes through....what happens with our dynasty in next years version? Are we able to realign conferences after the Dynasty has started so that we can play the first season with the current conferences, and then change them accordingly for the 2011 season?

11. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Personally I'm all for it, they f**k'd college football up for me after they started predetermining what bowls were going to be labeled "major" bowls, the least they could do now is give the BigTen and Pac-10 a CCG in NCAA ODs so I can finally play in a "playoff" where the winner of the CCG will play eachother in the Rose Bowl.

Side note on the 4 16 team conferences:
    In reality it maybe 4 16 team conferences, but it won't be 4 16 team, it will be more like the old days of smaller conferences and it will me more like 8 8 team conferences. Then throw in the fact that you'll have four CCGs, and the season could play out like +1 bowl season that people have said they'd settle for.

Of course the wrench here is when a team that doesn't make there Championship game somehow is #1 or #2 in the BCS after the favorites lose in the CCG week.

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Probably not. Just my guess.

But I suppose they could add an expansion pack or something.

13. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Awesome idea... but anything that would take over 24 hours of laying code and testing is forbidden by EA. :D

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I have a feeling that a big announcement from E3 is the COMPLETE customization of conferences -- number, name, tie ins, etc.

15. GoGators

I think Ryno is eluding to your opponent actually being able to see which jersey's you chose to wear instead of just seeing the default ones as the big news out of E3.

16. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I bet they will still call themselves Big Ten. sigh.

17. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I love that. It says "it's a name dickheads! Only bitches and fags have issues when you call something by the wrong name."

By the way, think about your life, and who've you met... I guarantee bitches and fags were the ones that were quick to tell you what the correct color, item or girl's name that thing you just called Julie really is. :D

18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I like the idea of Big Ten expansion but want ND a part. If EA somehow works this into the game, I will be divorced and looking for a roommate in three weeks.

19. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

:D

20. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Are you serious? You have a huge issue with the NEW YORK Giants being called that! HYP-O-CRITE! Don't make me tell THIS forum how old you are!

21. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Here's the deal. When you are calling yourselves New York Giants/Jets, because you know that if you call yourself what you actually are, New Jersey Giants/Jets, you'll you'll lose half of your fan base. Then you are being a little pussy, and I will have an issue with you.

BigTen, BigEleven, BigPileOfShit... doesn't matter, if the conference changed their name, they wouldn't lose fans over it.

So my young padawan it is not the same thing, you need to sort through the clouds that make situations appear the same, to find out the underlying motivations are not the same, therefore making the situations different.

22. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  23. GoGators

Some guy called into Mad Dog radio last night and mentioned the names of the conferences and how these guys can't get it right and they run top tier universities. Big 10 with 11 teams etc. He recommended the following name changes:

Pac-10 = Pacific Alliance
    Big 10 = Evil Empire
    SEC = "Our conference will still kick your conferences ass!"

I couldn't agree more.

24. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

You forgot:

BigXII = DIW (Dead In the Water)

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

No love for the Big East or ACC?