Breaking News

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BobJr, Mar 9, 2011.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Amid BCS debacle, Coach Brown retires
    [​IMG]

Austin, TX - The scene was great after Texas wrapped up another Big 12 title on the eve of BCS Bowl Selection Sunday. The Longhorns, after finding out that LSU lost in the SEC game, were destined to be in the Title game once again. Unfortunately, the Kentucky Wildcats jumped them in the unorthodox BCS computer system. (Think K before T). Coach Mack Brown was seen disgusted at the process, and now a mere 24 hours later the Longhorns will be looking for a new coach. Coach Brown has decided to retire because he believes the BCS isn't the answer to create a "true" champion. While Brown believes that Penn State should be there, he acknowledges that both the Longhorns and Kentucky lost to Baylor, but the Longhorns only lost by 1 point.

"The system is flawed, I feel like the computers just pick because of the alphabet," Coach Brown said. "I just don't think I can take much more of this, I will be working to help figure out a way for the NCAA to go to a playoff system, but for now I am going to retire from this game."

Mack Brown won one championship in his tenure at Texas. But he has produced an abundant amount of talent, and the Longhorns went from a laughing stock under John Mackovic to a true championship caliber team year in and year out.

"I want to think all our fans, friends, family...and especially the players of the University of Texas," Brown stated. "I think the next head coach can continue the success of the Longhorns, and I will do what I can to help him."

After the stunning news, the Longhorns wasted NO time in finding Mack Brown's replacement. This will be a bit of a shocker, but the Texas brass had one guy in mind. Texas native, Coach Bobby Green. Coach Green has been with the Missouri Tigers the last few years and while results haven't been there, the Tigers have shown glimpses. In his second year at Missouri, the Tigers ended up losing to Texas A&M in the Big 12 championship game. As many of you know, this is a dream job for Coach Bob.

Texas officials have stated the full change will take effect this off season, but Coach Bob will be on the sidelines for the Fiesta Bowl. He will be using the current assistants, that way the Coach can evaluate the current coaching staff. The new head coach couldn't be reached for a comment, but he released a small statement.

I am thrilled to be coming to a university with such great tradition and history. I hope to keep the winning ways of Texas. It is an exciting opportunity, and it is a blessing to officially be a Longhorn. ---Coach Bob​

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Congrats on the new hire Coach Green. I hope the Aggie War Hymn doesn't get stuck in your head next season because I am gunna run your teasippin' squad over.

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    hahaha..whatever you are smoking pass it this way

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

overrated coach at an overrated program

:D

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

At least Mack Brown goes out in style!