Breaking Tackles

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by ChaoticUT, Jul 29, 2010.

1. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Jul 19, 2010
    Breaking Tackles

Any suggestion on how to break more tackles? I know the new dual stick is where its at this year but I seem to have trouble breaking any tackles and on the flip side it seems like everyone I play breaks 2-3 tackles a play. I'm fairly good at running the ball (getting to the hole, following blockers, making cuts, etc.) but it seems like I can never make any one miss in the open field and can never break that last tackle to get into the end zone or get the 1st. Any advice or suggestions that work for you would be good
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Play with Wisconsin.
  3. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Jul 21, 2010
    1. i don't know what your league rules are as far as gameplan settings go but if they are allowed then the guys may have the break tackle one on high.

2. look at your HB's stats. From what i've gathered, if your HB has high elusive/juke/spin ratings use those to avoid/break tackles. If he has high trucking then start hitting up on the right stick like a mad man.
  4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Oct 26, 2009
    It also may be the sliders as well:) If your tackle slider is higher than your RB ability than it will be hard to break tackles but if its the same number breaking tackles should be at a reasonable rate.

If they are at the same number than its probably just your halfback. Also, whatever juke you do push it early and tap it a couple times after you do it. Say if your going into a spin, depending on the defender's tackle rating you will do the 'twist and shake' animation and if your break tackle/agility ratings are high you'll do a stumble animation and keep going forward.