Break's Over

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OK guys - It's time to move ahead. We've all had some turkey and some time away, but now it's time to get back into the swing. Let's get that SEC title game played, because we advance tonight, one way or another.

I want to go ahead and play my game in the GMAC Bowl, which seems to be where I'm heading.

Let's get bowl games scheduled tonight. If ti takes us a couple of days to play the user ones, that's cool, but I want to know the whens as soon as possible, so we can start planning the off-season.

Welcome back, gentlemen.

2. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

One night off season please

• Like Like x 1
  3. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

so after our game how far are you advancing? I still would like to recruit.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Next week is bowl week.

Off-season will go however the guys can manage it. I prefer one night, but I'd go a couple if we need to. I'm not, however, going to hold up for any single player. If you want a multiple night off-season, get some support from the other guys.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

so you are advancing one week or multiple?

6. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

617-823-2596

7. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Doing a week a day in off season will take a week plus to get to preseason. Doing it in one night gets it done much faster. I thought it went well last time. If you put yourself on autopilot CPU will recruit for you pretty decently.

8. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Can't wait to get goin'!

9. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I am fine with all offseason at once...or if we do it over a few nights- what if we had 2 or 3 advances per night? Maybe an early advance at 8pm and a late advance at 11pm? That would at least cut the offseason down to 2-3 days.

10. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I've seen an off-season completed in 90 minutes. It can really be that easy.

11. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

90 minutes is pretty damn fast lol.. I've had it done in a lil longer than that. Typical time is usually 2 hours without the preseason being finished since we usually wait one day to allow that to get done as far as schedules and such.

I'm down for the one-nighter but as I said before, I'll go with whatever yall want to do!

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm not against going multiple nights. There's enough to do that we could stretch it a bit, but I want it to move along. Dragging out the off-season waiting for guys sucks worse than anything else. Guys are all excited to get the new year going, and someone always cries douche.

13. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am all for one night

14. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I don't think doing multiple advances in a night and still spreading it out over multiple nights makes sense (like doing 3 weeks per night). If you can make it for multiple advances in a single night why can't you just do the off season in a night? Only takes two hours top to complete.

15. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

my contention is who is to say everyone will be available?

16. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I am fine with auto-piloting my recruiting if I am not available during the off-season window (if it goes in one night), but I want to be able to make my cuts/position changes myself.

17. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I say do it all in one night. Why drag it out over the course of a few days ? If people cant make it (myself included) get someone your login info so they can help ya out and do it for ya.

Just my opinion

18. TD351

TD351 Walk On

That works for me if need be- I have done that in previous ODs- Also, will have my bowl game in by 8pm tonight (it seems like everyone is knocking them out quickly)

19. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

I guess I am the lone wolf here but I like recruiting as much as I do playing the games if the league as a whole likes to ambush the offseason and finish it in 2 hours. So be it.

Just voicing my opinion a little more after the (unexpected to me) rapid 14-15 week advances.

20. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

I'm up for whatever we decide to do for the offseason. As for my bowl game
    I'll play it today, was in bed sick all day yesterday

21. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Who is to say we won't be available either?

22. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

Exactly, I'm not claiming I am unavailable I am just saying I do not see all of us available at the same time unless it's a late night special. I probably will be available unless it's on a weekend night then things tend to get hectic for myself.

I think maybe I'm coming off wrong here but I am not singling myself out, I am looking at this from a group. But it looks like I'm the only one so I'm going to stop.

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Check you PM's

24. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

No, I just think we have to take it from a specific point and work outward. Trying to do all these different theories is tough when we don't even know when we are going to do the offseason. Once we have a projected timeline established then we can move forward with the plans, and deviate from them if necessary.

25. Goose

Goose Walk On

Last offseason we took 20 minutes (I believe) in between weeks, and it went alright. I say one night. Wednesday?