Brian Billick's Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

[​IMG]
    Brian Billick's
    Power Rankings
    Week 1

RK TEAM COACH RECORD* CHANGE HIGH/LOW COMMENTS
    1 [​IMG] CTfromDC 15-1 - - After a disappointing end to the 2011 season, the Packers look to regroup with the most talented offense in the game. And if they can get MJD, as rumors suggest, look for Green Bay to lead the league in most offensive categories. We'll see if their defensive weaknesses end up being this team's achilles heel yet again.
    2 [​IMG] GovernedSpy 13-3 - - If any team could give Green Bay a run for their money with offensive weapons, it'd be New England. If having Brady, Gronk, and Welker wasn't enough, the addition of Brandon Lloyd to take the top off the defense should allow the Patriots to throw the ball at will all season.
    3 [​IMG] CrackinBacks 13-3 - - The best defense in the league returns all of their starters, which is a great sign for a team that made the NFC Championship Game last season. And now that Alex Smith has some weapons at WR with Randy Moss and Mario Manningham, expect the Niners to make a run at the Super Bowl this year.
    4 [​IMG] DaveIV82 10-6 - - After injuries derailed the Texans season a year ago, they come back healthy with Schaub and Andre Johnson ready to roll. With Foster and Tate in the backfield, there's no doubt this team has enough firepower on offense to get back to the playoffs, but some key losses on defense might keep them from taking the leap in 2012.
    5 [​IMG] BigTyme21 9-7 - - With their core group still intact, and the development of some of their younger up and comers, the Giants are poised to defend their Super Bowl hardware with the best pass rush in the NFC and a reliable veteran offense. But with all the talent in the NFC East, it won't be a cakewalk to get back to the playoffs. As the Giants showed last year, all it takes is getting there to have a shot to win the whole thing.
    6 [​IMG] Nvschultz1325 13-3 - - All the Bountygate scandals aside, this team is still loaded on offense. Expect Brees to start where he left off last year, and quite possibly break his own record for passing yards in a year. He might have to in order to keep the Saints chances at a Super Bowl alive, as their defense has holes and isn't quite what it was a few years ago.
    7 [​IMG] ParkerR83 8-8 - - Will this finally be the year? Cowboys faithful have endured a long stretch of disappointment (the Arizona Cardinals have more playoff wins and conference titles since 1996) following the glory days of 1990s Cowboy football. With added help in the secondary, expectations are high for Dallas. If Dez Bryant continues to develop as a top flight receiver, the Cowboys should find themselves in the playoffs.
    8 [​IMG] Snozberriez8198 8-8 - - Two words: Peyton Manning. If this team could make the playoffs last year with Tim Tebow at the helm, where can Manning take them? The Denver fans are hoping for a Super Bowl, but realistically another return to the playoffs would be a step in the positive direction. Now that the defense is healthy, hopefully they can return to their early-season form of last year.
    9 [​IMG] Jamie 8-8 - - A real sleeper team, the Bears have talent at almost every position. The addition of Brandon Marshall should allow the offense to finally live up to the hype, but will it be enough to dethrone the Packers? Or overtake the upward trending Lions? It all lies on the right arm of Jay Cutler, who could win the MVP, or could throw 25 interceptions.
    10 [​IMG] Qui3tStorm 12-4 - - The Ravens were poised to make a Super Bowl run, but trading away Joe Flacco for Ryan Tannehill immediately removes them from the NFL elite. Their defense is still strong, but getting old. Yes they still have Ray Rice, who will produce. But by the time Tannehill develops, will that defense still be solid? Will Rice still be productive? Baltimore mortgaged the present for the future, even though the present looked pretty good.
    11 [​IMG] GMONEY 15 10-6 - - With Michael Turner getting older, and Julio Jones turning into the next Calvin Johnson, expect fans in the A-T-L to get behind this team in full force if they start putting up points, which they should, being on the fast track inside a dome. All this team needs is Matt Ryan to step up in the big games and take this team to the next level.
    12 [​IMG] Capt Crunch 8-8 - - The circus revolving around the QB position in New York has muddled the fact that this team is stacked on defense, and is capable of going back to the playoffs after missing out last season. If Sanchez (or Tebow) can play turnover-free football, the Jets could surprise some teams this season.
    13 [​IMG] hoppedupford 9-7 - - Last year, Cincinnati may have overachieved. Now with the rest of the division not taking them lightly, Andy Dalton really needs to make a big jump this season to take the Bengals back to the playoffs. AJ Green will continue to be exceptional, but the real wild card is how well BenJarvus Green-Ellis does replacing Cedric Benson at halfback.
    14 [​IMG] dj illmatic 23 7-9 - - The Chiefs will go as far as Matt Cassel can take them. Their two-headed monster in the backfield of Charles and Hillis won't be able to produce if opposing defenses can stack the box because Cassel isn't playing well. If Kansas City can avoid the injury bug, they could turn a few heads and have a shot at the AFC West crown.
    15 [​IMG] The Richuation 7-9 - - Seattle plans to win the wars in the trenches this season, with a good offensive line and a stacked defensive line. They don't have the firepower just yet to put up 40 points on a weekly basis, but the balance this team has should keep them in almost every game. And with a weak division outside of San Fran, they could sneak into that last Wild Card spot.
    16 [​IMG] Bucs 4-12 - - Folks in Tampa seem to think the Bucs have rebuilt this team in just one offseason, but I'd expect some growing pains in the Bay this year. Josh Freeman will be good, and he has some solid receivers, but the rest of the team is either old, unproven, or just not that good. And in a pretty tough division, it might be harder than usual to get over the hump.
    17 [​IMG] Raidernation 8-8 - - Speed kills, they say. Unfortunately for the Raiders, their speed hasn't really killed anyone yet. They have the pieces, they just need a few things to go their way. They need McFadden to stay healthy, they need Palmer to not turn the ball over as much, and they need their defense to not give up the big play from time to time. In the wide-open AFC West, they have as good a shot as anyone to win it.
    18 [​IMG] Bl0ndeRedHead 5-11 - - Robert Griffin III's arrival in the nation's capital brings with it plenty of scrutiny, but even more hope and excitement for the future. Expect a few trip-ups in year 1, but don't expect Washington to be the NFC East basement dwellers anymore. If RGIII lives up to any of the hype, even just a little bit, the Redskins have a very bright future.
    19 [​IMG] stryder24 6-10 - - A week ago, Miami would have been last on this list. Now that they've traded for Joe Flacco, expect them to be competitive. Even if he doesn't have much in terms of who to throw the ball to, Flacco should put up better numbers and lead his team to more wins than any other option they had before his arrival.
    20 [​IMG] Gngsta4Lyphe 5-11 - - Gabbert took a lot of flak last year for his poor play, but if he can take a leap in his second season, this team won't be nearly as bad as people expect. Justin Blackmon should add some explosiveness on offense, and allow MJD some room to run. The defense has some nice parts as well, but overall this team still has some glaring holes.
    21 [​IMG] bringbackjimmy 2-14 - - You would think with Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson, the Rams would at least be competitive. But when your receiving corps is terrible, and all your offensive linemen that were recent first round picks turn out to be duds, there isn't much you can do if you're in charge in St. Louis. At least there appears to be building blocks for the future.
    22 [​IMG] Jmustang1968 2-14 - - Suck for Luck ended last year, but the Colts will probably still suck, even with Luck. The offensive line is porous at best, and the disappointment that has been Donald Brown won't be of much help to the young QB. Reggie Wayne seems to be his only true threat, but his age is concerning. The Colts have a pretty big rebuilding project on their hands.
    23 [​IMG] Fiddy14 4-12 - - A promising future with Trent Richardson is all Browns fans have, for now. The offense is putrid, with no real go-to players or game changers. The defense has the capability to shut down opposing offenses, but unless the Browns plan on winning every game 6-3, it should be another long year in Cleveland.
    24 [​IMG] RyanC 3-13 - - Adrian Peterson just isn't enough to propel the Vikings to any sort of playoff aspirations. Ponder is still developing, and the defense seems to be getting older and worse by the year. There is some talent to be found, but just not enough to keep the Vikings anywhere near Green Bay or Chicago.

*2011-12 Regular Season Record

ParkerR83
    Raidernation
    RyanC
    GovernedSpy
    Bucs
    bringbackjimmy
    hoppedupford
    Bl0ndeRedHead
    Jamie
    Capt Crunch
    GMONEY 15
    dj illmatic 23
    BigTyme21
    stryder24
    CTfromDC
    The Richuation
    Fiddy14
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    DaveIV82
    Snozberriez8198
    Nvschultz1325
    Qui3tStorm
    CrackinBacks

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I will bet anyone all there 2013 picks that this will be the first and LAST time you see the Pack leading the pack!

3. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Lol have faith in your self bro .. Good write up Blonde !!

4. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Very nice write up, keeps a blend of real life NFL power rankings and a few weighted ranks based on user skill. I like it.

5. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

why are the Texans ranked so low????? :p

let me have my fun!! Especially while we are all tied for first :p

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

4th is good!

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

If 4th out of 24 is low to you, I'd hate to see your reaction when I have you at 20th in week 6 (y)

• Like Like x 1
  8. DaveIV82

DaveIV82 Walk On

LOL someone had to do some ribbing!

9. Brandon S.

I plan on breaking the top 10 with these Jags by week 6!

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Why is it every time you quote someone, it doesn't tell us who you are quoting? Shit looks weird without the "_______ said:"

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Top 10 in what? Turnovers? Draft position for 2013? (y)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

Very nicely done!!!

13. Brandon S.

Not sure, maybe i quote wrong? I just copy and paste and hit the quote button.

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

See that little "reply" link at the bottom right corner of every post? Hit that and it does all the work for you, no more copy and pasting.

15. Brandon S.

My mind is completely blown right now.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bl0ndeRedHead

Only took you 15 months to figure it out. At that pace you'll be tagging me in threads somewhere around the next presidential election in 2016 ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Fellas,,,,,,,,,,,,just take it easy on me as I just got the game like a few days ago. I haven't even played a USER game yet fellas So if you see ATL on your schedule, just kindly don't beat me too badly as I JUST HOPE TO FINISH AT 8-8 FOR THE SEASON.

Thanks in advance

18. Brandon S.

I'll figure out the whole tagging process when i tag you in the Jags win GMFL Season 1 Superbowl ;)

19. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Did you put the sand in the bags yourself ??

20. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

You couldn't have said it better... making a commitment to the O and D line and controlling clock. Now, it that equates to wins, im not sure.

21. Bl0ndeRedHead

Will update these 3 times a year. Preseason (WK 1), midseason (WK 8-9), and postseason (WK 17)

• Like Like x 1
  22. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Until Week 8-9, I'm the
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1