Bring The Wood : Cowboy Central

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by capp34, Jul 15, 2013.

1. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Bring the wood and cowboys. Hmmmmmm... sounds familiar...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. capp34

Season 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Record: 9-4 End of Year Rank: 15th

Armed Forces Bowl Champion
    [​IMG]

Offensive Rankings
    Total Offense Ranking: 118th Yards: 4,620 Passing Yards Ranking: 43rd Yards: 2733 Rushing Yards Ranking: 114th Yards: 1054
    Points Scored Ranking: 76th Points Per Game: 22.7 Points Scored: 295

Defensive Rankings
    Total Defense Ranking: 5th Yards: 3238 Passing Yards Ranking: 27th Yards: 2161 Rushing Yards Ranking: 3rd Yards: 1075
    Points Allowed Ranking: 21st Points: 220 Points Allowed Per Game: 16.9

Its So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday...
    Senior Leaders

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. capp34

Season 2 NewComers

[​IMG]

Ray was the most coveted of all my first year recruits because he will add another dimension to the offense that was missing last year and that is a deep threat. He will be a day one starter and we expect him to do big things this season. Being that he was originally committed to USC but failed to qualify he had to take the Juco route before landing in Wyoming. He is first of the big time recruits Coach Capp promised to bring in when he accepted the position at Wyoming.

[​IMG]
    Randle comes in with a very troubled past he was originally a backup player for LSU in his freshman season but was kicked off the team by Miles before the bowl because of multiple failed drug tests and two bar incidents in which he was arrested. He would then enroll in Hinds CC in Mississippi for his sophomore season and then got in more trouble because he could not stay out of the club but he was not arrested. Most big time programs stayed away from him because of his troubled past but Coach Capp has decided to give him a chance and hopefully he can stay on the field. He is a play making end with speed and is fundamentally sound in every aspect of being a lineman.

[​IMG]

Josh comes in with a big arm something that has never been seen in Wyoming before. He is a old pocket school passer and make all his plays from the pocket. Being that we already have our senior leader a quarterback Josh will redshirt his first season and work on his accuracy. Next season he will battle for the starting position and we look forward to his improvement and competitive spirit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. capp34

Season 2 Recruiting Class

[​IMG]
    Jon Gay WR - With 5 receivers graduating this year Gay will be added to the starting lineup immediately as the #2 WR. He will bring a lot to the table with his speed, acceleration and precision route running ability.

Michael Bostic QB - Michael will battle for the starting job in his freshman year if he loses I will redshirt him. Bostic will bring another dimension to the offense with his running ability and will be tough to bring down once he starts moving. He will need to work on his passing but this guy will be a star in a few years as he progresses.

Chris Bracken WR -
    Chris is a physical freak with game breaking speed. At this point he will be seeing the field next season but hopefully I can pull in a few more receivers so I can redshirt him. Once he works on his receiving skills and acceleration he will be a stud on the outside for us.

[​IMG]

Ken Johnson FS - We dont have a free safety coming back so we needed someone who could play right away. He is not a high overall guy but he has solid tackling skills for a safety. He leaves a lot to be desired with coverage skills but hopefully we can overcome that with play calling.

Jason Thompson DT - Another need with only on 2 DTs coming back next year he will be the second string DT playing in spots. I love his size and fundamentals he will be a problem on the line in a few years.

Jason Bell SS - Jason will also play in spots next year at both safety spots. He has great all around skills and looks like he will develop into a starter in a couple years.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  6. capp34

[​IMG]

Pete Robinson CB - Will be an instant starter for a secondary that is losing 3 seniors and is desperate for talent on the back end. Pete has big time cover skills that will surely be put to the test with the high powered offenses being built in the conference. We will only have him for 2 seasons but we definitively get our money's worth.

Kyle Bowser LB - He does not possess big time speed but he does get up to speed quicker than most. He also has great fundamental skills and can also rush the pass if he needs to. At this point I dont know if I want to keep him on the outside or move him inside for his lack of speed but he will definitely see some action next year.

[​IMG]

Rashad James WR - Will add to what is shaping up to be a solid class of receivers. Right now I plan to redshirt him so he can work on his hands but he maybe forced into early action since I have 5 receivers leaving. I can see him producing a lot for us in a few years with his great size he will be hard to matchup against.

Kyle Rivera TE - Another experienced guy who will start next year primarily because he is the only TE on the roster at this point. He brings good receiving skills to the table and average blocking ability. I think he will turn into a real weapon after a year of progression.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  7. capp34

[​IMG]

Patrick Gray CB - I love the size Gray will bring to the secondary as well as his athleticism. I was hoping I could redshirt him next year to work on his speed and tan but it looks like he will be forced onto the field because we will be thin in the secondary.

Ben Frank LB - Ben will bring depth to LB position as we already have a good group of guys coming back next year. He will redshirt and work on his pursuit angles and maybe switch to inside LB but if his passing rushing skills improve we may keep him outside to rush the passer.

8. capp34

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. capp34

I thought we were going to restart so I didnt record any content for Season 2. We went 10 -3 and lost our bowl game to Stanford, we also lost in the MWC title game to Hawaii. We started the season 10-0 before losing to Air Force which started us on a downward spiral as we would lose 3 of our last 4 games. Even though we didnt finish the way we wanted it was still a great season and we now are a :4stars:school and look to make some more noise in season 3.