Broadcasting via Justin.tv

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jul 1, 2009.

?

Will you be broadcasting?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

33.3%
  3. at some point

66.7%
  1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Broadcasting via Justin.tv

okay, this poll is simple! lol

yes - I have the equipment, and will broadcast games
    no - I don't have the equipment, OR just won't be broadcasting
    at some point - at some point you want to broadcast your games via justin.tv

if you are someone you puts "at some point", update us when you finally do get the set up.

This thread is so I can set up the schedule somewhat so that everyone will have atleast one game on justin.tv.

These games are really fun, and give us (as a dynasty) the chance to let others see into our dynasty and inform them of our play, etc.

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I voted at some point because I do plan on getting a good webcam to do this and it appears as though my internet has finally got it's head out of it's own ass and decided to be as good as what I'm paying for it.

Any suggestions on what webcam to get or where to get it from? I found this one on newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105219 that looked pretty good and has gotten a lot of good reviews on the site.

I guess, my main question is, what's the best way to go about this without sacrificing playing the game in HD or the game being barely watchable because of how poor the stream looks?

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I use the Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000...on a small tv..not HD

you've seen how that quality is...on a 10 pt scale...Id say 6-7.

not much lag, quality is good enough for the purpose..I like it, my opinion.

Quickcam Pro 9000 - It was easy to set up/install and cost 99.99, that wasn't a bad price for me considering I money to spend and I figure that I will get enough use from it for it to pay for itself.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I don't have the equipment now but would like to at some point.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

It is pretty cool actually. I dropped in on a Tradition 1 game the other night and it was kinda cool to watch how some others play and chat with some folks..not too bad.

6. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Well, for one thing, $100 for this is pretty god damn ridiculous and something that I won't be spending any time soon.

Secondly, having to play the game on a non-HD TV is out of the question. If it doesn't work for me without having to do that, I'll never do this.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

that is what originally got me excite for tradition football...I had never seen something like that.

If only EA made a feature where you could watch user games in online dynasty. that would be awesome.

(my thoughts mixed with others' ideas)

There would be the game chat, and that would obviously be just two people playing.

Then there would be "the stands", which would be everyone else viewing. and you would be able to see who is viewing by toggling through the chat options.

obviously you wouldn't be able to see the play selection, and the quality would be like you were actually playing the game.

^^^that would be crazy, i think that it would turn this game into something so badass...you could take this so many different ways.

It would basically feel as if you were all together watching the game. It would be so much more fun...o well...maybe in 2030 (y)

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

crap i voted........thought this was in the locker room...sorry

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

To each his own...i actually bought it for around $80 and this is one of the best webcams you can get so it is obviously more expensive than others.

You can always buy a webcam, try it out, and take it back if you don't like it.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

so did raz...lol...no problem

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

That's probably what I will do with the one I found. $45 seems more reasonable for me than $100 so I'll probably purchase it some time down the road.

12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

It would be cool to do, although from what I'm reading, that means I can't play in HD, right? Not that my setup is the supreme setup or anything near it, but I don't want to go back to SD for playing. Does the logitech 9000 work for games being played on an HD set?

13. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Possibly. The problem is, with a webcam, you have to get the distance from the TV and the lighting JUST RIGHT otherwise it looks like shit. You can do it with a video capture card, but I haven't found any that work with HD that are any good yet.

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Looks like there may be another way: http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia/showthread.php?t=47021

Around page 5 or 6, they talk about the Hava HD device and go on about it with a small selection of sample videos (most of the ones that they post are gone now).

Here it is for a decent price on newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16882087004

EDIT: Hell, here it is on amazon for $50 less - http://www.amazon.com/HAVA-Platinum-HD-TV-Device/dp/B000UJE1O2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I PMd Rhomic to see if it'll work with justin.tv or not and if it does, I'll be purchasing the above sometime soon.

There's also the Hauppauge HD PVR that they talk about on page 6 or 7 in the above thread: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116030&Tpk=Hauppauge HD-PVR

I have no idea if either of these will work with streaming to justin.tv, but I'd be willing to find out as they both would work perfectly for what I'm wanting to do (play the game in HD and record/stream to justin.tv in SD).

If I had to, I'd record the game and then stream it to justin.tv at a later time.

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

it works with justin.tv

fosh and jms use it..

you can use that with HD..

I haven't used my webcam with HD, I could try it out sometime...it's just easier to set it up for the tv in my room since right now my tv is basically on the floor..lmao

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah I am very happy.......check out the highlight from recent games with the Hauppauge!

http://www.justin.tv/jms493/beta

I can record in HD via Hauppage and Stream at the same time.

Also Justin.tv records your broadcasts and keeps them in archives for a certain period time. You can cut them up and make highlights like above link.

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I have one of those flip camcorders with the usb port that flips out of the side. I have no idea what it will look like, but im going to try it out during Tulsa @ Rice tonight. I cant record for too long at one time though, because it takes forever to upload anything over a couple of minutes. Maybe I'll get lucky and record a gem though...