Brock Osweiler heading to Buffalo

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

Well, you knew when Ryan Fitzpatrick was ran out of Buffalo that it wouldn't be long until a new face was calling the shots. In order to acquire Osweiler, the Bills sent this years 3rd round pick and next years 3rd round pick to a Denver franchise thats trying to win RIGHT NOW with Peyton Manning. Coach K, your comments?

"Well obviously we liked the guy last year when he came out and we just weren't in a position to take him. We felt like he had all the tools to win games in this league and after everything that happened last year we were ready to put our guy into place so we dialed up Denver to see what it would take to get him out of there. Fortunately for us, it worked out."

What is it that you like so much about Osweiler?

"Well obviously the size. He's a rare guy. He's 6'7 240 pounds. He's got an NFL arm. He spent a year learning behind one of the all time greats. We think his mobility is underrated. I think he's got a very, very good chance of becoming a great Quarterback in this league. All the tools are there, no question. We just have to put him in a position to be successful."

Is this any indication of your opinion on this years Quarterback class coming out?

"I don't know, we haven't spent a great deal of time on that part of the offseason yet. We've had our scouts out there and I trust those guys. I guess if you asked me I'd tell you this is a very average Quarterback class and then you'd say, well what does average mean? Well I'd tell you that there are a couple guys I think are projects in the middle rounds and there are a couple guys that will go in the top 10 that have a chance to be something special. That happens every year though. You win some you lose some. I just know we have a lot of confidence in Brock."

How does Brock fit your offense as opposed to Ryan?

"Listen we're not here to throw anybody under the bus. Ryan is a true professional and he handled everything with class. For whatever reason things didn't work out. This is a tough business, a what have you done for me lately business. Ryan had his time and we just felt like it was time to move on. We wish him all the best. Now we've gotta put the pieces around Brock to try and be successful. I think Brock has a big arm, he can make all the throws. We really need that in our offense to work those sidelines and have the ability to open up teams down the middle and on the deep ball. We're still the same offense, we're still going to be balanced."

Is Brock going to be the face of the franchise?

"Have you seen the kid? Come on guys you can do better than that. Brock Osweiler is our starting quarterback, how's that?"

Brock, just kind of give us your thoughts on the whole process.

"Its been a whirlwind 36-48 hours. I haven't slept much I've been talking with family and my agent a lot then of course I spoke with all of the guys here in Buffalo and I've already been getting texts from Stevie and some of the guys on the offense and everyone's really excited. There's some excitement in Buffalo and I'm happy to be apart of that - I don't know if they could have said that very often over the last decade."

Are you going to move to the area or what are you plans exactly now that you're a Bill?

"Yes actually that's why I was speaking to my family a lot. I have a lot of confidence in this organization and I think it shows commitment on the players part when they move into the city or area. I want all the Bills fans and all the players to know that I'm here, I'm here to work, I'm your guy. I'm going to do everything I can to be successful. Being part of the community is part of that I think."

Are you familiar with Coach's offense at all or is everything new?

"Football is football. Sitting behind Peyton has really opened my eyes to a lot of things and I learned a great deal from him, not just X's and O's but how to be a professional. How to work everyday. Peyton is my guy man. As far as the offense goes there's going to be a learning curve but being a professional is about being adaptable and ready to meet change and new challenges head on so that's what I'm here to do. I can't wait to get my hands on the playbook. I'm excited."

• Like Like x 4
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I think I speak for many:

...and zero fucks were given!

:)

• Like Like x 5
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]

I think David likes these pony things right?

• Like Like x 5
  4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Hey now I'm excited and there hasn't been dick for content since playoffs.

5. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Nice content