Brock's Next Challenge?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jmillhimes, Jul 13, 2009.

1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Brock's Next Challenge?

Ok, so Brock destroyed Mir. Who's Next?

Dana White Quote..

I would hope. Please dont put Kimbo in there with Brock..LOL

2. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Fedor of a few years ago would find a way to beat Brock, like he always does. The Fedor now, a little older, maybe a little slower, might have some problems with Brock.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Man, the UFC is starting to worry me.

Boxing died because it became corrupt, and we all knew it. Brock is definitely a serious fighter, but he was already holding the title after only four fights, one of which he lost. And the first fight of the night was completely fixed. The Japanese guys lost big, but he's a huge star in Japan, so he got the split decision. ratings in Japan go up = good for Dana White.

Lesnar's an installed champion, put there because he can put butts in seats. He's easily good enough to be the guy, but he didn't have to come up like the other guys did. He's famous, so he gets the title handed to him. That's crap.

Guys will be taking dives soon. It's inevitable. The scandals are coming.

Oh, and does anyone know if the UFC tests for steroids? I know that Brock's inability to pass a test was a factor in his leaving the WWE. Does he have to test to be in the UFC? Anyone see him rage-out after the fight?

Long story short - I don't like the guy. I'll be rooting for whoever they put in against him.

4. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

No Joke....I looked at my wife when Brock went off and said " He needs to be tested right now".

5. Juggernautblitz

Boxing has sooo many issues it is hard to find where to start. One of them is that the tops guys get 20+ million per fight so they can fight once per year, sometimes once every 18 months and be just fine. With that kind of money going to the fighter they can only afford to have 1 big fight and a couple smaller fights on their PPV's. The UFC cards are much better because they put 2 or 3 good fights plus a few entertaining undercard fights on every PPV. If UFC screws up it will be in allowing their top guys to start making HUGE money, which will be difficult to stop because other promotions will spring up and offer the huge money to try to lure them away. Unfortunately it will only be a matter of a few years before MMA is 3 or 4 promotions, each claiming to have the real champ or champs at the various weight divisions, similar to boxing.

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yes the UFC tests for roids. Its governed, just like boxing, under Nevada. Sean Sherk tested positive a few years back during a championship match and was stripped of his title and suspended like 6 months.

Brock isn't roiding. He's just a lunatic. Even scary when you consider he's like 6'4, 265, and the strongest guy in the organization.

Yeah he jumped up to the top quickly, but that's because the HW division was in shambles when he was brought in. And he just kept winning, knocking off Heath Herring, Tim Sylvia and Randy Coture...all guys who would have gotten the title shot if they kept winning.

Fedor is the only HW left who could give him a fight. And despite what Dana said, until the UFC grants non-exclusive contracts, he is never coming. He has too many other interests going on right now to be exclusive to just the UFC. Meet your HW champ for the next 3-4 years until a new breed of fighter comes along. Guys like Randy, Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, etc...no shot against Brock.

7. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I think Bobby Lashley Could give him a fight once he gets some more fights under his belt. He already said he will not sign with the UFC until he feels and knows he can be champ....

[​IMG]

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

He was in a title match with a 2-1 record. That won't ever happen again unless Hulk Hogan joins the UFC. Shambles or not, Brock was placed, and he was placed to sell tickets and merchandise.

When the decisions are only money motivated, you no longer have a competition. You simply have a business. They ought to just call it what it is - the BCS. Brock's not a champ - he's a celebrity. Granted, he's also completely capable of being the guy, but he earned it less than any other fighter in UFC history. He's 4-1, and two of those are against Mir. And he's the champ. What a joke.

Dana White is developing some serious credibility issues.

9. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

He was thrown into the championship fight because he is Brock. The dude is a freak and loves to have people Boo. It will only drive up the ticket sales and PPV orders when he fights next time.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Look I'm not a big fight fan I don't know the ins and outs of this stuff. But I'd have a bigger problem with white if he made Lesnar fight (and probably kill) 10 stiffs before he faced any real competition. Clearly, the guy was good enough. So I have absolutely no clue why you'd say there's credibility issues here. You put the best fighters against each other. There isn't some stupid commission like you have behind every belt in Boxing. It's Dana White and whoever else works for him that decides who fights. And IMO that's a good thing.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't like the guy either, to be totally honest.

But I think these guys are pretty much all on something dude. You'd be an idiot to go out there without it.

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

What did Lesnar say after the fight that had everybody up in arms?

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I think they all are juicing along with Albert Pujols!!

I need to get me some of that stuff!!

14. Juggernautblitz

I agree with NY Jugg on most everything but will stop short of making a declaration that Brock is not on roids. He hates it when it is brought up to him that he tested positive in the past but was covered up and I am not naive enough to think there are a ton of athletes still using that don't get caught. There are other BALCO's out there right now producing stuff that can evade testing and HGH is still pretty difficult to confirm.
    Dumb, undisciplined athletes get busted for roids, smart disciplined athletes break records.
    Lashley could very well develop into a top HW if he continues to improve but he looks even more ridiculous than Lesnar as far as performance enhancing possibilities go.
    I think the person to beat Lesnar will be a top striker that comes over from K-1 or professional boxing. Right now the top strikers in the HW division are just not that impressive and the wrestlers stand no chance vs. Brock. It is going to take a big guy that can land some big strikes to have a shot vs. Brock or maybe just take 1 Fedor.

15. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Check this out.....