Broken Tackles

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by OsirisMonster, Oct 27, 2010.

1. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Anyone experience extreme number of broken tackles from the cpu?

In my game against WVU their HB Hargrett had 12 broken tackles o. 20 carries. He has 84 BTK rating and my front 8 (play a 4-4 in run situations)TAK are 80, 80, 75, 80, 88, 91, 90, 90.

WVU backup HB Smith had 4 broken tackles on 8 carries with 89 BTK. Their QB Smith had 4 Broken tackles on just 3 carries too with 48 BTK!

My HB combined had only 4 BTK on 29 combined carries. My BTK for guys that had carries are 83, 85, 79, 85. WVU TaK for front 6 + SS (run 3-3-5) are 84, 79, 87, 82, 79, 85, 78.

Against Southern Miss they had 10 BTK on 21 carries and I had 0 BTK on 33 carries. Their BTK are 67, 81, 76. Their TAK are 82, 84, 79, 71, 73, 88, 72.

Makes for an annoying game when they have less talent and break tackles left and right while you just get tackled.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I know they're broken tackles will be higher than ours (we're kind of set up that way) but I haven't noticed an odd number in my games so far. It happens, but it hasn't been annoying yet. I do notice more of this in rivalry games, meaning they seem to tackle better, and shake tackles better also.

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Ditto. I've noticed the discrepancy, but it hasn't heavily impacted one of my games yet. If you're facing a pretty decent team that spreads the ball around, some of those old runs/short catches that fall just short of the marker will now become 1st downs (in more cases).

Did you save any videos of an opponent run where massive tackles were broken? I'll check out your game in a few.

4. bdub

bdub Walk On

It helps if you set the tackle options in game plan to conservative.

5. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I find game plan doesn't matter that much. I miss tackles regardless. It usually isn't one run that sees insane break tackles. It's the 1-3 break tackles that happen on runs that just demoralize you.

6. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I've won so it isn't like it destroys my team. Just upsets me, though my turnovers upset me more. Why didn't I bench Jefferson?

7. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

My guys are getting destroyed by big runs with 3 broken tackles but I think it is just because most of the offensive players are better than my D. Plus my secondary has like a 7 combined TAK rating.

8. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

I've noticed it too Tennessee HB was a beast

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I had a bunch in my game versus Pitt but I think it was due to my game being a Rivalry.

10. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

This weekend I'll collect stats on broken tackles for every user vs cpu game played and post them here.

11. TD351

TD351 Walk On

NC State's HB C. Underwood- 26carries for 205yds with 13 broken tackles (Break Tackle rating: 80)
    GA Tech HB B. Bostic - 27 carries for 130yds with 0 broken tackles (Break Tackle rating: 77)

I am overall fine and happy with the sliders and will not complain (any more than in this one email) but I think that the User run defense could use a slight boost- maybe to 25 or 30 (from the current 20)

12. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Broken tackles is result of tackle slider I'd imagine.

13. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Good point- I was missing the obvious!

14. bdub

bdub Walk On

13 broken tackles is insane

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's not. Really it isn't. We've been down this road many times, and had the discussion over and over. For the CPU to get anything close to realistic yards on the ground, he has to break tackles. Otherwise, we'll hold every team to about a dozen rush yards a game, which is not sim at all. Unless we want to rank 1-12 in rush yards against, this is the way it has to be. Now, if we blitz and/or over pursue, this will get worse, since the CPU only has to break one tackle to go long. It makes hyper-aggressive defense much more risky, and the CPU will burn you for the big play more often. Get two guys to the ball, however, and you solve this issue most of the time. We just need to adjust. We bust huge highlights all the time (I think one of us had a silly 800 yard day last week). The CPU making a few plays does not unbalance the game. We're still out-gaining the CPU by huge amounts in almost every game. If they break even, maybe we'll make some changes.

16. TD351

TD351 Walk On

That makes sense, the broken tackles themselves may be unrealistic, but they are necessary to make the CPU run threat more realistic.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's a tough trade-off, especially when the CPU breaks three or four and busts a long one. I just don't know a better way to get a balanced set of stats.

18. bdub

bdub Walk On

I agree, I didn't mean that it wasn't what it needed to be, just that its very unrealistic.