Broken Tackles

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by JAS19ILLINI, Jul 18, 2012.

1. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

Beware of using the strip ball adjustment at the playcall screen (left bumper on xbox). I had it set to aggressive and the CPU broke 10 tackles on their way to a 70+ yd td run. No joke. I sat there jaw dropped/deciding whether or not to throw the controller. Anyone else seen anything similar? The rb was a rather mediocre size too.

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

That's how it always has been, you set "strip" to aggressive and you'll miss every tackle.

And I don't mean to be a dick or call you out, but it seems like every thread you've started on this board has been to bitch about something or other with NCAA. I don't know if you're just bored, trying to stir up some discussion, or what, but if you hate so many things about it why play?

• Like Like x 1
  3. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

This was the first game I've actually tried using the adjustments feature, though I've played every game in the series for a decade. So I don't know the ins and outs of the feature. Regardless, I just thought 10 broken tackles was insane.

As to your second remark, I actually really enjoy the game a lot. They've made some good improvements this year, despite some frustrating bugs. I always post from my phone which is a bit of a task, so when I do post id rather it be about a problem I found in the game or a question about a feature Im unclear on. That way maybe someone connected to EA can pass concerns along. But all in all, the core of the game is good and enjoyable. I just hope they flush out the bugs in the game.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm sure in every single OD on this site that setting you used is banned so none of us use it anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

This year is really the first time I've gone on forums at all to discuss the game, so im not familiar with what settings people use online or which are frowned upon.

6. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Aggressive stripped is banned in most leagues here my man. Lesson learned on your part. Besides broken tackles are bad enough in this game already.

7. JAS19ILLINI

JAS19ILLINI Walk On

Im not in any really competitive leagues, i play mostly for fun with friends. Was just curious if anyone else had some knowledge about the aggressive strip adjustment.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The reason it's banned here isn't because it causes to many broken tackles (a detriment to the stripper) but because (in past games) it's extremely too effective at forcing fumbles and completely unrealistic and thus cheesy as hell. I haven't run into anyone using it in '13 (since I avoid lobby games) so I can't comment on the '13 version of it other than to say I'm sure it works just like in years past.