Broncos (14) vs Chargers (7)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PepperNY, Jun 27, 2010.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Broncos (14) vs Chargers (7)

[​IMG]

Moreno, Broncos dash Chargers playoff hopes in 14-7 Win on the road.

(AP) San Diego, CA - The Denver Broncos have had this game circled on their schedules for weeks as Coach Sammy decided to pull a Lane Kiffin and bolt the Broncos for what looked to be a better looking position in sunny Cali with the Chargers. This game would not have much offense as the defenses set the tone early on. The Broncos got great field position thanks to their punter pinning the Broncos inside the 10 on 3 different drives in the 1st half. The Broncos finally capitalized on their 2nd drive of the game as Knowshon Moreno broke a 20 yard run setting up a 1st and goal from the 3 which he would take in himself 2 plays later for a 7-0 Broncos lead.

[youtube]hfdQMIyS0n8[/youtube]

The Broncos had plenty of oppoutunites to score again but played it safe just trying to tire down the Charger defense bu running it right at them so they were unable to capitalize on a Robert Ayers INT. We go to the 4th Qtr still 7-0 Broncos where Moreno broke another 20 yard run setting up a Kelly James 14 yard TD pass to Nick Fallon and a 14-0 Charger lead.

[youtube]y4q6RwSC3TA[/youtube]

Now the Chargers had their backs against the wall and they finally responded as they moved the ball down the field quickly finally hitting Vincent Jackson as he dove into the endzone right at the 2 minute mark to cut the lead to 14-7. Suprisingly the Chargers decided to go for the onside kick with 2 timeouts left and the Broncos would recover. 2 plays later with the clock running Moreno gashed the Chargers 1 last time on a 9 yard game clinching run as the Broncos go on to defeat their former owner 14-7 while quite possibly knocking them out of the playoffs as well.

[youtube]mGbZ21mP4l8[/youtube]

Key stats:

K. Moreno 24 cars 139 yards 1 TD
    LB Robert Ayers 5 tkls 1 INT
    DE Gaines Adams 5 tkls 1 sack

Great game sammy! I was holding my breath all game with that 7-0 lead knowing it wasnt going to be enough and that you were eventually going to break a big play on me. Not very often thatyou see a 14-7 game in madden these days lol. GLROTS! was a pleasure playing you.

The Broncos move to 6-6 and face a familiar foe in Chunkness and the Buffalo Bills next week.

2. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Nice Write-up, Great game, dont know what I was thinking on some playcalling during the game, particularly on 3rd down plays, I tried to sneak in a few runs to get the first down but ur run defense was the big difference in this game. Holding me to a fraction of the yards I average during the season. If my run game stalls, everything stalls.

You play defense with them better then I ever did, cool to add that they circled this on thier schedule, but I am NOT Lane Kiffin........lol Good luck the rest of the season, Looks like I have to win out to have a chance at the playoffs, and that probably wont happen.

3. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

thanks for the compliments man. Ive now played all my AFC West division rivals so it should be a battle for madden 11. Ive enjoyed every game even tho I am 1-2 in those games lol.

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

nice win and summary Rob. looking forward to our game next week! ;)

5. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Thanks doug, we have always played close games so it should be another battle. I'm just thankful I dont have to worry about stopping Peterson this time lol.

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Nice pepper, that i was needed win over the chargers to help them get back into playoff contention