Broncos and Chargers deal

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by kdpnutter, Dec 21, 2011.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Broncos Send:
    QB Tim Tebow 75 ovr A potential 25 years old

San Diego Sends:
    1st Round pick

Brian Peter
    Keller

Broncos Approve

2. Brian Peter

Brian Peter Walk On

With Rivers at 31, hes not going to get any younger. I am sure he will pass on some great advice to Tebow and turn him into a future hof'er.

Agreed.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm going to say no on this. A 75ovr QB, even with Apot - with an unknown future is not worth a 1st rounder.

It would be different if this were a rookie, but it isnt. I dont think Tebow will progress any higher than low to mid 80s at best and I dont think its worth a 1st rounder. The Bronco's need to be giving up more IMO.

Emmdotfrisk - where do you stand on this?

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Most rookies drafted in the first round will not get higher than that so I guess I don't see where the comparison is of having to give up more. Chargers with the way they are playing is going to be a mid first round at best if not late to end of the first round. Were not talking a top 10 pick.

5. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

In GMFL I drafted a 75 A potential QB in the mid second round. Just sayin.

But Tebow is Tebow. Brian Peter wants to do the deal, I understand that.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  6. Brian Peter

Brian Peter Walk On

If the trade committee decides no on a 1st round pick, how would you guys (trade committee and kdpnutter) feel about trading tebow for a 2nd round?

kdpnutter
    Keller

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Before I even talk about anything else I want to know what goes on here, because in my honest opinion I think Tebow for a 1st is more than fair, if it were Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert or Ponder would this be the same?

If so then well looks like I may look to acquire Jake Locker for a 2nd round pick then and be able to let Kolb walk at the end of the year and have my QB for the future in Locker for a 2nd round pick to the Titans (just using Locker as an example I'm talking about any of this class, Andy Dalton, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder any of them.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

tebow is garbage in real life and in game..what would a real life gm give for Tebow? i bet you would have a hard time finding anything higher than a 4th...

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Are you serious? 7-2 as a starter and the kid is showing he can be a pocket passer and is progressing as an NFL QB and Tebow will continue to get better especially with a full offseason of getting to work with Elway and his QB coach as the starting QB for the Broncos, he plays better and better every week.

A team like Miami or Washington would love to have Tebow on their team in the real NFL and would definitely do a hell of a lot better than a 4th.

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Sorry I missed this guys. No notifications on forum runner

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I don't like this trade. Nobody would send their first for tebow, even with all this hype. You can draft a much better QB with your first. I would say a 2nd would be ok.

12. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Bottom line is that Tebow is a winner. I heard the same about other qb's in the past. Montana, Kosar, Flutie, Marino, Breese

• Like Like x 1
  13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

1.Those guys were not playing teams riddled with injuries and replacement s like caleb hanie, Tyler Palco. didn't face a jets team who had 1 day to prepare. didn't face a elite qb having his worst year of his career while missing 2 starting lineman and his favorite target, a vikings team missing its main offense in AD.

2.Marino wasn't a winner he was a stat whore. if he was a winner he would of listened to jimmy.

3.hes 0-2 against quality teams.. he isn't a winner he is lucky he's had good timing when playing these teams.

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Miami would only want him for ticket sales from gator fans.. no team would give higher than a 4th unless desperate..Tebow is garbage people need to realize that get over the fact that he is 7-2 and remember he is 0-2 when facing a team at full strength.

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Facing a team at full strength? They beat a full strength Chargers and Jets teams, as well as the Raiders who besides McFadden are full strength and did have Carson playing for them. Denver has shown they are a team on the rise as has Tebow shown he is a QB on the rise. Tebow will be even better next year and the Broncos will have another year to get some more players in FA and the draft to surround Tebow with.

Stop drinking that haterade bbj and realize Tebow is progressing as a QB and will be a pretty good QB. Probably never elite but he will be a good QB who doesn't loose you games but the kid has an ability to win games when it seems unlikely. If it's close in the 4th quarter, I would not bet against Tebow.

FYI this is for the real life Tebow. As for this deal I am waiting to hear from BP in regards to my latest thoughts.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

lol Carson Palmer LOL LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL
    SD missing 2 starting olineman and gates full strength?
    Jets missing tomlinslon full strength? on 1 day prep?
    stop drinking the espn love juice

17. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Tomlinson?! Seriously he isn't even their starter really Greene sees more carries than him and Tomlinson is a joke of his former SD self, and living on the West Coast I get to watch him play every week, the kid is getting better. 1 day prep my foot, there is no team in the NFL that has EVER EVER played on one day prep. SD missing 2 starting lineman and Gates full strength, pretty sure Gates played so no excuse, and hey the Raiders are the team that made the deal for Palmer.

Stop bashing the kid, I mean I don't know if your actually a Cowboys fan or not but if you are let's call a spade a spade, Tim Tebow is a winner, every level he has played he is a winner, much more than I can say for Big D ever since Jimmy left.

18. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Tim Tebow is not a winner.. denvers D is a winner..matt prater is a winner.. Tim Tebow is a sorry excuse for a starting QB.

The jets played on SNF then had to travel for a TNF game in Denver. 1 day prep maybe 1 1/2 at tops while denver had mon-wed.

if Denver hasn't got the breaks they are getting they are looking in the luck sweep stakes and everybody is looking at tebow for what he really is. the only quality heathy teams he's played he has gotten demolished. A n.e defense btw that is terrible. I am sorry that you see greatness when all i see is 48% completion rate.
    Rodgers
    Brady
    Brees
    Manning
    Romo
    Manning
    roethlisberger
    Rivers
    Vick
    Ryan
    Stafford
    Flacco
    Schuab
    Sanchez
    Cutler
    Newton
    Smith
    Hasselbeck
    Dalton
    kolb
    fitz
    Bradford
    Freeman
    Mccoy
    Ponder
    Tebow
    Jackson
    Henne
    Rexy
    Gabbert

19. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I am not a Tebow fan but the guy is a winner. Its not about stats. Its about getting the job done when you have the chance. You can not say he won because the teams he faced were not healthy. Every team faces teams that are not fully healthy so that theory does not hold water. To say that Marino was not a winner is crazy. He had no running game, no defense and his receivers were not really that good. Your boy Jimmy Johnson actually ruined the last few years of Marino's Career. Want to talk about someone not being a winner the name Romo comes to mind.

20. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Not only that look at the weapons Tebow has to work with. Absolute garbage.

21. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

lol @ jimmy ruining marino's career
    If Marino wanted to win a SB he should of let jimmy do his thing instead he bitched and bitched because he wasn't throwing the ball every down every game. marino was just a stat whore and nothing else.

yeah every team has injuries but most guys don't play a guy making his 1st start out of retirement, tyler palko, caleb hanie, dolphins, and a short notice jets team..

22. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

umm..or maybe they look like garbage because their qb can't hit the broad side of a barn?

23. Keller

This thread is supposed to be a trade discussion about Tebow in the game. If you want to debate Tebow, please take it to the main forum area.

As for the deal as is - its axed. A 2nd rounder I would approve, not a first.

24. Brian Peter

Brian Peter Walk On

Ok, so there was a lot of garabage added to this thread that I seemed to not get notified for lol.. Anywho, we talked and we would like to do this trade:

Denver sends Tim Tebow.

Chargers give 2nd round draft pick.

I agree with this trade.

kdpnutter
    Keller
    Emmdotfrisk

25. Keller

I agree with it as well - just not sure if Denver does.