Broncos and Lions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cadepetty247, Nov 29, 2009.

1. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Broncos and Lions

are these teams both open?? I noticed that both big shane and bornlegend are in franchise!!

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think that BigShane dropped because he couldn't play during holidays. I think...Lions...not so sure.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

i've been dealing with a funeral, but if you guys could message both those guys and find out what their deal is. Also if you, winuvas, could message the missing board members who haven't given their input on the stuff we are discussing. Also we need to find out if the new board member has made it in, and who hasnt checked in. i could use help with that stuff until tomorrow when I can catch up.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

All righty then. I'll get on it when I get back home again.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Guys I PMed the Lions and the Broncos just asking if everything was okay, what was up with them. I'll let you know soon as I hear anything.

I'll update this post after I PM the other board members to check in and weigh in on stuff.

Forgot to update, but sent messages to board members I hadn't seen post recently.

6. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

ok sounds good b/c i know the steelers owners has been trying to get ahold of them...

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So why are we losing them? Are they giving you reasons Nate? Cause I haven't heard anything from any one of them.

8. natedawg212000

broncos owner, from what i gather, is a head case. the lions owner was a guy i brought over with me from the 4th1, and made him a board member. hes a teenage highschool kid, so I guess either a, he has lost interest, or b he left for out of town and never told anyone. either way, both of those i am glad are gone. the redskins owner said he had a bad experience and had a bad feeling about the league and thats why he quit. pretty pathetic. our other board members, I dont know whats up with them. colts owner had pc issues, and claven maybe hasnt realized he didnt have access. cade posted here, but hasnt given his input on the other subjects.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Can't say I'm gonna miss the Broncos owner. The Lions owner seemed wishy-washy to me anyway, but I was probably that way when I was in high school. That was a while back now...

As far as the Redskins owner, that is a BS reason, if I may say so. The only bad experiences I've had in this league have been of my own doing, with my own wonderfully crappy play. Everyone I've played has been gracious, and most have been quite helpful in getting me up to par. If I ever get to the point where I am good at this game, I would love to help new online guys get better with scrimmages/pointers.

Anyway, just sounds like we need to get our board members invested, and weed out a few owners that are less than stellar.

10. natedawg212000

I am thinking about offering a board member spot to the Ravens owner. hes asked for one in the past, hes active, and it would give us 7 which would help with any possible ties.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Can't complain about that choice. He seems like a good guy.

12. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

weblink seems cool..

When people lose, their interest drops. It will almost impossible to keep an owner when his team has only 1 or 2 wins 8 weeks in. Exceptions of course. As the weeks advance more and more owners will drop and it will be even harder to fill those teams with losing records. PS3 owners are not nearly as dedicated as PC owners. PS3 players will just find another new league to play and quit that one when his team goes south and continue the cycle.

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, I would say maybe better management would help....but I'm one of those teams you're talking about! lol

I do agree though that console gamers are a lot more fickle than PC owners. I think it stems a bit from the younger crowd (I can't believe I just said that) and instant gratification. What we need are some guys taking these teams over that are a little older, a little wiser, and are fans of the team they are taking over. I think if you're a fan of the team, that always helps.

To be truthful, I could care less about the Kansas City Chiefs. Until I took them over in 4th and 1, and then OMFL, and now the NFL franchise I play in. Now I find myself looking for Chiefs news on NFL.com and sort of becoming a fan...I'm weird like that.

To sum up, if we get older guys in that get teams they are actually fans of (hard to find Lions fans though) that understand this is a long term commitment, I think we'll do fine.

14. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Weblink could be a good choice. He's hasn't had the best of luck this season, and maybe making him a Board Member will keep him around. He also seems active on the boards.

15. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i have no idea about the lions owner, but the broncos owner was a head case and i had some serious game issues with the guy

16. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I think no matter what your always going to have people dropping out of the league. Really the best we can do is limit this number to a small one. For one your always going to have players just wanting to join a league because it's Football season, some people lose interest when they lose all the time or they just don't like their team and some end up having things come up which causing them to have to leave.

I wonder if theres a way to maybe give a bit more to the bottom teams, not just early first round picks. Maybe they get first dibs on open teams.

17. natedawg212000

i really think being here will help keep us a full league. we will be fine. the scruffs will drop, but its all good.