Broncos survive thanks to stunning call by Chargers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PepperNY, Oct 24, 2010.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

Broncos win 28-27 in thrilling fashion over the Chargers

(AP) Denver, CO - The Broncos and Chargers met for the 2nd straight week all though most of the Broncos starters did not see the field and they would need all that extra energy for this one. All the talk this week was could the Broncos beat the Chargers through the Air or was it going to be on the shoulders of Knowshon Moreno and the Offensive Line.

The Chargers took the inital lead thanks to a quick strike from Rivers to Johnnie Lee Higgins on a 59 yard strike and a 7-0 lead. The Broncos however wouldnt take long to strike as Kyle Orton took advantage of Demaryius Thomas beating the Charger defense on a 48 yard pass.

The Chargers remained composed and moved the ball up and down the field again ending in a 10 yard Justin Fargas TD but again Kyle Orton seemed unphased as he burned the Charger secondary for the 2nd straight drive this time a 66 yard strike to Eddie Royal for a tie game.

Both the Chargers and the Broncos would trade scores to go in at the half 21-21 and it was looking like it was going to come down to whoever turned the ball over 1st and/or who had the ball last. The Broncos took the 2nd half kickoff and wore down the Charger defense on a long 5:45 drive capped off by a 1 yard Lendale White TD run. It looked like the Chargers were once again in prime position to add points to the board to tie the game but on a 2nd and goal from the 1 Demorio Williams stripped Ryan Matthews and Jarvis Moss would fall on it giving the ball right back with just 6 mins left in the game.

The Chargers refused to go down without a fight and would get the ball back and force OT with under 2 minutes left. It took 2 4th down conversions by Phillip Rivers but he finally got the job down on 4th and goal from the 7 yard line and a quick pass to Antonio Gates to pull within 1. Everyone in the whole stadium expected OT but the Chargers brought the Offense on the field to go for the win with a 2 point conversion. However, Denver had other plans as David Bruton Tackled Matthews just short of the goal line.

The Broncos recovered the onside kick and went on to win 28-27 in what will be talked about for years in San Diego on a very gutsy call. San Diego fails to get out of the 1st round yet again and I am sure the talk shows and media storm is well under way for Norv Turners tenure in San Diego to be over.

The Broncos will now head East to take on the NY Jets in the divisonal round which will be no easy task.

Great game Aaron, it was a pleasure and looks like we will have many more games against each other as we are division rivals.

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

nice recap, Rob. thx for the highlights. one hell of a game! congrats and gl in the next round...

3. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

Great game Rob. yes it was a hellova game, i see it that that fumble cost me the game more than my 2point conversion. and if you look at my season to date, putting my D on the field would be suicide :D (plus im agressive to a fault) good luck the rest of the way in the playoffs. Make the AFC WEST proud my man

4. Andyman33

Andyman33 Walk On

what a ridiculous decision to go for 2...no team would EVER do that in the playoffs...regular season maybe...you deserved to lose for that bs...if we had been the ones playing that would have been the cheapest bs call and I would have told you that

5. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

im sorry that yu beleive that andy, but if you had been in the game you would understand. i feel that my D was not performing like it did all all season, and that Denvers offense could not be stopped by what i was currently doing. when you have that info, and know how my season went, you would have tried to win that game under your control instead letting fate decide your outcome. i dont disagree with your opinion, but this is not a sim/not sim question/, it is a pure coach decision that was a 50/50 chance. andy, if you honestly have an issue with my decision, please bring it to me and the commishes so we can work it out. the forum in my opinion is not for an arguement, its better resolved in person

6. Andyman33

Andyman33 Walk On

this wasn't meant to be an argument...hagan and I did talk. Its not an argument just my opinion