Brothers Collide, Chargers Pick Their Way to Victory Over Jets

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by coachmimz, Apr 1, 2015.

1. coachmimz

coachmimz Walk On

"They are who we though they were...Manuel gave them new life" Head coach TJ Mims was quoted saying minutes after older brother Kris Mims, who spent 3 years away from football, found his way back into the win column. Kris, 33 never realized he would miss the game this much. "I got excited to be back on the sidelines, and even more so to do play my brother in the first game of the season."

Criticized in the off season for letting go Stud QB Torres, Mims knew he needed a game manager. "We attempted to get Andrew Luck, he signed elsewhere. However we approached Matt Barkley, and we feel he is a poor mans version, well really poor version of Andrew Luck"

In his first start in their new, illegal stadium, Matt Barkley calmly completed 80% of his passes throwing for over 200 yards in an OT thriller. The story of the day was the defense.

Kris Mims, known for his vaunted 3-4 defense, allowed only 179 yards of total offense while forcing Manuel to complete 10/20 passes for only 125 yards, being picked 3 times in the process. Including the OT winner from Dee Millner, his second of the day. "Coach Mims trusted me in man coverage, and Manuel faced slight pressure up the guy sailed his attempt right into my hands." Millner was quoted saying after the game.

3 runs later and FG kick away, San Diego and coach Mims enjoyed their first victory in what is hopefully their 3rd straight AFC West championship. Next week SD travels to Buffalo, while the Jets will host the Steelers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Couldn't have scripted a better return myself! (sorry TJ)

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Why is your stadium illegal?

4. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

The previous owner initiated a rebuild without consulting with league management. The reason we haven't allowed rebuilds this year, is because they tend to drive the team that rebuilds into financial ruin.

• Like Like x 1
  5. coachmimz

coachmimz Walk On

Hence why Torres walked...

• Like Like x 2
  6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I had no idea.

7. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Looking forward to reading the paper to see what Barkley thinks of his coach explaining to reporters he is a poor man's Andrew Luck. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1