1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Browns and Patriots Deal

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by kdpnutter, Apr 13, 2011.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Patriots Send:
    CB Devin McCourty 93 ovr A potential 26 years old
    RB Kenarious Fluellen 87 ovr B potential 25 years old
    DE Dakota O'Guin 75 ovr C potential 21 years old
    OLB Jermaine Cunningham 74 ovr B/C potential 25 years old

Browns Send:
    DE Dion Cooper 87 ovr B potential 24 years old
    RB Montario Hardesty 83 ovr B potential 26 years old/James Davis 80 ovr B potential 27 years old 93 speed
    OLB Brian Orakpo 90 ovr A potential 27 years old
    CB Eric Wright 78 ovr B potential 28 years old

With the Patriots having drafted Robinson it makes Cunningham a mere back-up and with the addition of Orakpo at the other OLB it gives the Patriots a great set of OLB and Fluellen comes over to the Browns and Hardesty/Davis gives them a good second RB to play behind Boutte either of them is fine with me. After teams not liking a power back in the situation is the only reason I didn't do Hillis but if people would rather Hillis I would do that. Cooper gives them a top of the line DE to head up a position of serious weakness for the Patriots and Wright gives them a CB in return for McCourty.

Browns get McCourty who I am a huge fan of (real life Patriots fan) and Fluellen gives me a top of the line RB and gives Boates the ability to go back to just 3rd down's. Cunningham is a downgrade at OLB but at least gives me a viable OLB and O'Guin comes over to be a downgrade at DE by a lot but at least gives me another serviceable body at it.

Way I see it, Browns get McCourty and Fluellen and Patriots get Cooper, Orakpo and Hardesty/Davis and gives them the ability to start Boutte but also have a solid backup behind him in case of injury or tired. To get a top guy like McCourty I had to give up a lot but so be it being a huge Pats fan I think he is worth it.

@Keller
    @rushers24
    @JoHud
    @JMustang1986
    @Seachicken3

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Hillis makes this deal sweeter - this is very complex though.

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Like I said it can be any of the 3 of Hardesty Hillis or Davis.

4. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Shit. this ones hard.

OK. Has to be davis though.

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Okay

6. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

Agree with seachicken. You made this one hard to refuse.

Approved

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Well that is two yes', so I either need one more from

@rushers24
    @Keller
    @Jmustang1968

either of those three and I can do the deal (Keller since I am involved in the trade and can't vote do you take my place in voting on the deal? That's why I involved you in it)

8. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Approve.

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Sweet

when I get home from work I will drop those guys to be put on the Patriots and if you can Keller drop the Patriots guys so I can get them tonight. This can also be moved to the completed trades.

@Keller