Browns and Patriots

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by kdpnutter, Apr 10, 2011.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Patriots Send:

CB Devin McCourty 92 ovr 25 years old A potential
    ROLB Jermaine Cunningham 75 ovr 24 years old B potential
    HB Brandon Boutte 81 ovr 24 years old B potential
    MLB Gary Guyton 77 ovr 27 years old B potential

Browns Send:

DE Dion Cooper 86 ovr 23 years old A potential
    LOLB Brian Orakpo 91 ovr 26 years old A potential
    HB Peyton Hillis 87 ovr 26 years old A potential
    CB Eric Wright 80 ovr 27 years old B potential

@Keller
    @Seachicken3
    @JoHud
    @Jmustang1968
    @rusher24

Patriots look to be losing Fluellen so get Hillis in return which is more conducive to their offense with a good pass blocking RB in Hillis and can mix in Woodhead for a change of pace, they get a much needed DE STUD in Cooper and a great OLB to go with Bill's philosophy of great LB play, they get a good CB back in return with Wright.

For Cleveland it gives a them a great CB across from Haden and a back up/split carrier with Boates in Boutte to go with the Browns philosophy of run first offense and well since I run the 3-4 getting Cunningham and Guyton gives me depth at LB which with losing Orakpo I need an OLB back in return and with all the injuries to LB's last year Guyton can play both inside and outside for me. Plus being a Patriots fan in real life I love McCourty and would love to have him on the team even if it is just for a few weeks.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The reason I chose Fluellen was so Boutte would play - hes a monster.

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Oh I didn't know what the reasoning behind it was, didn't know if it was one of those contract things or what. So that's why I went with Bloutte. Hmm well I'll rework it then if Bloutte is that good. I didn't want to take Fluellen if he was gonna cost a lot to sign or whatever if it was a contract thing.

4. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

I would vote no, even if the Browns were giving all these guys for Mcourty alone. The DE is good OVR but with a 62 speed makes him an average DL at best.

And Hillis is 86 ovr, but he was 3rd on your team in rushing on a squad that your worst OVR HB lead your team in rushing. This shows speed is much more of a factor for HB's than OVR, and Hillis would only start on a CPU team based on OVR, but almost no one else, including yourself, would consider him fast enough to help.

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

To me it isnt about how much the guy is to the team giving him away, but his rating and potential and how much the new team values him. So I would approve this.

6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Average DL at best? The Patriots run a 3-4 and Cooper is a 3-4 DE and an absolute monster if you look he had like 8 or 9 sacks and is pretty much unable to be blocked. He is the same with Shaynon Douglas on your team and I'm sure you'll go to bat for Douglas being a great player.

Hillis was in fact the 3rd RB on my team but was used in pass protection situations, and used to pound the rock on short yardage and goal-line situations.

But for the I wouldn't approve it for all these guys for just McCourty well I'll hold my thoughts on that

7. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

good luck trying to get boutte.... i basically tried to trade 4 players for him and still got shot down... his speed and pot make him probably the best young back in the league.

8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

He's pretty much a stud.

9. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

No. if it was our last season maybe. But its not and we might grab an owner for the Pats Boutte is a monster.