Browns and Raiders Strike a Deal

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by kdpnutter, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Jacoby Ford 66, Walter McFadden 69 and Oakland 3rd Round Pick

for

Browns 1st Round Pick, WR Chansi Stuckey 69, LOLB Scott Fujita 76

2. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

I agree to this.

Do I need to post there potentials here?

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

If Keller or Seachicken has questions we can post up the potentials, we can see what they say first.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I do need to see potential and ages.

This isn't looking so hot; I'm not saying I will veto it but just at first glance it doesn't seem so good.

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Fujita is 31 years old, B Potential

Stuckey is 27 years old and either B or C potential (Don't have my Xbox til I get home Sunday)

JoHud will do Ford and McFadden but I think they are both B's, but dunno what their ages are.

6. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

So your swapping C and B potential players and a 3rd round pick... for a C and B potential players and a 1st round pick? Doesn't add up for me.

7. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

CB McFadden is B pot and 24 years old
    WR J.Ford is age 24 and B pot

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Actually his are both B's and younger hence the 1st round pick and me getting a 3rd in return. It helps me with getting a younger CB to replace Sheldon Brown two years from now, and a solid dime CB, and Ford get's me a good WR threat to add in the slot with Cribbs and Massaquoi and Mitchell. Also the 3rd round pick helps with me getting some younger OL talent in the draft without losing out on any picks. Which made Stuckey disposable. I think it actually works well for both teams but once again it's up to Seachicken and Keller, myself and JoHud agreed to it so now it's in the two trade committee people's hands. I would appreciate the comments remain from Keller or Seachicken only thanks.

9. Keller

@Seachicken3 can you please weigh in on this - i'd like a second opinion.

10. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

Also if it matters I plan on using my last free drop to cut fujita. He's just in there because of cap issues for the browns. The trade is really his 1st for two of my young studs and my 3rd. Dought stucky will even be resigned when his contract is up.

11. Keller

lol @ young studs.

12. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Would it make it easier if it was a 2nd round pick instead of a 1st? Just trying to see what will work here.

13. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

I wouldn't do it for a 2nd though.

14. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I understand that this trade going through has nothing to do with my approval or not, but I am still allowed to voice my opinion on it. If I make a trade and you feel it is not balanced, then feel free to speak on it. I didn't bash your trade or make any negative comments, I just stated that it didn't add up for me. When trading for a 1st round pick, you really should have to give up a A potential player to make all things fair.

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

My mistake I took it as a bashing of the trade. I thought at first that Ford was an A potential player but when realizing McFadden is a B and 2 B's I figured it wasn't too bad if I could get them both to do well for me. If it doesn't get approved not the end of the world back to the drawing board and I will see what I can do.

If it doesn't get approved I may just hold onto the first round pick and run the season with what I have. Fujita is my main concern with getting salary cap relief so that's why finding a team that was willing to take him on was key to me.

16. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

It's no problem. I think with the recent performances by Ford and his blazing speed, he might get bumped to A potential before the NFL seasons over. He definitely has value though, especially as a returner. If I was weak at WR and needed someone with speed, I'd consider giving up a 2nd round pick for him.

17. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

No from me. Trading a 76 OVR with 1-4 years left of service and a 1st rounder for a 3rd and couple scrubs is not a trade its poor team management. Saying you are going to just cut Fujita as soon as its over doesn't help either............then leave him out of the deal.

18. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Actually was at my insistence that he was in the deal as to help with me with salary cap relief. Don't want his contract on the books for the next 4 years at the price it is at, too high priced for me. But okay back to square one then not a big deal I don't mind trying something else.

19. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I don't see this as poor team management at all so leave the insults out of it please Seachicken, you are responsible for rating a trade yes but not for insulting teams or owners involved in a trade. That I have a big problem with. Leave the insults out of it please

20. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

I didnt see an insult, just like you said with rushers opinion. I see someone giving advice. I understand where seachicken is coming from, I guarantee you he doesnt mean it as an ice cold insult.

21. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Saying it is poor team management is insulting to me that I don't know how to manage my team. That's what I find offending in it.

22. Keller

Okay guys, lets kill this thing before it gets out of hand. We're all adults here. Chicken thanks for the input - this trade is officially vetoed. First round picks are at a premium and I don't see cap relief and two B potential, less than 70 overall players as equal value.

Sorry guys.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.